Slim down for final year of uni!

Well done!! It will be great for you to see that 15 something on the scale, it will really spur you on . Probably next week the way you are going. Have a good weekend x

So this weekend was really bad, lots of drink takeaways and hangover food for 3 days...oops. But, this is my only big weekend now until probably about a month so im sure it will be much better from now on.
I weighed myself this morning for weigh in absolutely dreading it but it was 16 st 1lb so i still managed to lose 2lbs over the week. I stayed the same since my sneaky weigh in on Friday, so i think it could have been much worse.
I had a lay in today and spend from 2 until 10 tonight in the library so meals were a bit crazy.

Breakfast-none
Lunch- Chicken curry-600 calories
Dinner- Light philli and bread-500
Snacks- party mix snacks-200

about 1300

drinks- diet lemonade and lime, fruit tea.

Tomorrow morning I am going to start a fresh by going to the gym for an hour and a half and sticking to sensible meal times.

I ended up having a careers meeting all morning before lectures so didn't get time for the gym, with lectures all afternoon and library all night ahghhh!

I have been good today though
Breakfast: slice of bread and light phili- 150
Lunch: potatoes, 2x sausages, carrots, peas, leeks- 600
Dinner- Fruit Salad- 150

I am still sat in the library, hence eating my fruit salad at my desk. Just had a text from my housemake cooking dinner, so I may have a small bowl of pasta tonight when I get home.

I really want to break into the 15's by next week.

Sounds like you are getting on really well. Massive hats off for sticking to something whilst at uni. I pretty much lived off chocolate for 3 years when I was there :p

I have had a stressful past few days with boyfriend/work stuff and have not stuck to plan at all. But, i woke up this morning really disappointed with myself and decided I would be as good as I can for the rest of the week. Hopefully my 2/3 really bad days wont impact too much and I will stay the same. I feel so weak that I gave in when I was stressed so easily, I want this more than anything. I think sometimes I am used to being a big girl, and that I will never be slim like the rest of the girls as uni, this is what drags me down. But, my thoughts today are that I need to give it the best shot possible to find out!

Breakfast- special K -158
Lunch- pasta and sauce -400
dinner- veg pakora/samosa - 250

total 808

I went to the gym this morning and worked out the hardest I could so hopefully burnt quite a few calories and going to go tomorrow and Sunday as well.

I had my eyebrows done as well today, to try and boost my confidence. I am working at a uni event tonight and it always makes me feel really fat when there are so many lovely looking girls out and dressed up.

I have been good this weekend to try and make up for my really bad weekend. Yesterdays menu:

Breakfast - none
Lunch - Sweet Potato Jacket and half a tin of beans - 400
Dinner- Lasagne and sweet potato wedges - 700
Snacks -2xsquares of galaxy choc - 50
tyrells crisps - 170

Total for day - 1320

I burnt off around 200 calories exercising at home.

Today I have been working at uni all day so meals have been quite random....
Breakfast -none
Lunch - chicken tikka subway - 650
Dinner - peanuts 360
snickers - 300???

Total for day 1310

I weighed myself this morning and it came out as 16 st 2lb so I put on 1lb last week. Disappointed with myself, but i think it is making me realise what an impact it has if I dont watch what I eat.

I have a lot of work due in this week so there wont be much time for lazing about eating bad things! I don have a couple of friends coming up on Saturday but will try not to drink too much.

Hiya Sophie, just subscribing to your diary :)

Also, our diary names could be identical, I'm currently in my last year of uni and really wanting to shift all this weight for graduation. I put on about 2 stone during my first two years of uni, and when it came to the end of the second year I took a good look and was not happy with what I saw.

I'm doing a computing course so lots of my time involves sitting around in front of a computer, shoving food in the oven because it's quicker and snacking on crisps and all-sorts at my desk. I know it's very difficult to try and have structured meals when you're fitting them around classes, but I can honestly say the biggest factors in my weight loss so far were reducing snacking, weighing out portions and no food after 6pm if it could be helped. If you're like me and end up munching on things whilst your working, then having a constant glass of water can help. I end up sipping on that rather than snacking so that helps a lot, plus it's forcing me to drink more water!

Good luck with your weight loss and I'm sure you'll do great :) x

Hi everyone, I have been fluctuating between good and bad for the past few weeks. I had been looking at the JUDDD diary plan with an up day of around 2000 calories followed by a down day of 500 calories. I have stuck to this for the past week and a half and managed to get down to 15st 13.5lb, but I dont think its very helpful and the weight losses do not seem as great as calorie counting around 1200-1400 everyday.

I have been good today with a small jacket potato and beans for lunch and a small jacket potato and beans for dinner with 5 chicken dippers. Im guessing this is about 1000 calories.

I am going to use the mfp app again from tommorrow to help accurately help the calorie counting. It is my sisters 18th this weekend but as long as i am good until then and stick to vodka im hoping to lose a few pounds by next week.

Hope everyone is getting on well!

Hi Sophie, good on you for keeping at it. I am finding December so difficult! :)

Thank you for the encouragement and good luck everyone.

Today i have had
breakfast - choc orange muffin 360
Lunch - tiny jacket potato and half a can of beans - 250
Dinner -healthy shepherds pie and brocolli - 400
snaks - victoria sponge 500?

Im guessing around 1500 but hopefully the victoria sponge wasnt as bad as 500 calories!

I weighed in this morning, i was a day late as I will still at home for my sisters birthday. I have sts, but disappointed but at least it isnt a gain! I am at uni on my own this week trying to catch up on some work before christmas so am hoping that i can keep on track!

Hope everyone had a good christmas! I was really bad for 4/5 days over Christmas but am back on track from today onwards. I cant weigh myself as my scales are back at uni so trying to be really good until I go back on 7th then hopefully i will see a loss! Having a really stressful day, I found out my boyfriend of over 3 years has been talking to some other girls on facebook, some of these are people at uni and some are girls from near him at home. It is just friendly chats and nothing suggestive but I hate the idea of him talking to girls that are so much slimmer and stuff than me! I cant really confront him because i shouldnt have looked in the first place! I am just determined to lose the weight to boost my confidence. At the moment I hate the idea that if he did do anything flirty online or worse in real person that I would have to break up with him and see him around lots of skinny girls! If i lost some weight then i would feel so much stronger to be able to deal with it

That's sounds rubbish babe :( try not to let it get you down you'll be a skinny ***** by next Christmas! Xxx

Ha ha, thank you hope so! xx

My diary today has been good

lunch - egg white omelette with mushrooms, ham and tomoto -100 calories
dinner - tomato soup - 160 calories
snack - chocolate coins -about 200?
crackers - 50 calories
few nuts - 50 calories?

total - 560

I am going to have a banana and an apple if i feel hungry tonight. I know this is low, but I am trying to do a few really low days to help with all the extra calories over christmas. I dont think this will affect my metabolism just hopefully kick start my loss!

bahhh mum is making tacos- ill have one small one of them instead of some fruit. Temptation! haha

Hey everyone, not sure how many people read this thread but..... can you please help me with some ideas for a uni project. I have to think of some cool names for a discount/voucher style website, similar to Groupon, KJB Deals etc..

Any help would be great!
Thank you

How is everyone doing with New Years weight resolutions? I think the mental thing of a new year is really encouraging me to lose the weight. I keep telling myself that this year is the first year of the rest of my life, finishing uni, finding a job, moving to who knows where, and losing the weight! All over xmas I have put off going out and seeing people, because of my weight. I think being away at uni and seeing people from school i havent seen for years, gives me a boost to do it, but i feel so embarrassed that i let myself get this way!

I have been trying to keep on track the past few days but have no idea is I have gained/lost/sts since coming home for xmas because I dont have a scales. I am going back to uni tomorrow afternoon so going to have Monday morning as my first official weigh in. Knowing my luck I will have gained about half a stone. I hope its not too bad because I lost about 7lbs just before coming back.

I would love for this years Christmas to come home from wherever and see friends and family and feel confident about myself. This year has been awful my mum is a size 8, and my two sisters are a size 8 and 6 so in all the photos they look lovely! It was so depressing going out xmas sale shopping, mum and dad were buying them so many lovely things. In most shops i couldnt see anything that would even fit or suit me, and mum said that there was no point in buying anything until i lost the weight, which depressed me even more. She did say if i get to a size 12 she will give me £200 to go shopping. This is nice, but its horrible knowing my family also see me as a whale haha.

It would be lovely to come home in 3 months time 3 stone lighter which would probably make me around a size 12/14.

I have been good today, i have had 2 potato waffles and 2 rashers of bacon, not sure what plan for dinner is yet but mfp says i have 850 calories left.

Sorry for the massive long rant, but had a lot to get off my chest.

So weighed myself this morning and I have put on 1.5lbs over the two weeks of xmas, I am now 16 st 1lb Disappointed that im back into the 16s but it could have been so much worse! My goal of being 15 stone by the end of the month seems a long way off now! I am going to do my best and hopefully reach it asap! How is everyone else getting on. I have a dentist appointment at 2.30 for a check up since having my wisdom teeth out before xmas, and then my boyfriend is coming back about 7 (havent seen him for two weeks) so hopefully I will have a busy day and wont be snacking etc.

xx

I'd say 1.5 is pretty amazing for christmas...I think I put on about half a stone atleast!
I'm at uni too and I find it a struggle...especially with going out etc. You can def reach your goal though :) x

Back