Discussion in 'Dukan Diet' started by sididd, 18 January 2013.

1. sididd

sididd Well-Known Member

Just seen these on the Holland and Barrett site hear are the ingredients.....they look Dukan ok to me ....What do you lot think?????????????

Each(100g)serving contains:
    of which sugars0g

looks like an alternative to the shiriaki noodles and cheaper.
  2. Neonic

Neonic Well-Known Member

Hi Sidd.

These are the ones I use. Well, I've only tried the rice one so far but I've got a pack of the spaghetti one too.
    When I read the back they are the same as shirataki noodles.

Hope this helps.x
  3. sididd

sididd Well-Known Member

ah nic, of course you said you had use rice noodle I never clicked they were the ones you used, in the review they said they were the same texture as proper rice is that right????
  4. Neonic

Neonic Well-Known Member

Not far off if you dry fry them after giving then a really good rinse. You need to add plenty of flavouring or a sauce as they have no taste. I'll be buying them again.
  5. sididd

sididd Well-Known Member

Thanks, just my luck they are out of stock atm but will give them a go xxx
  6. chinababe

chinababe Well-Known Member

If you have a large chinese supermarket near you, they usually sell shirataki noodles in the Japanese section for a lot less money ( usually around £1.30). When I go I normally stock up in a big way!!! I soetimes use them to bulk out a clear soup that I make using chicken or prawns, spring onion, garlic, lemon grass,chilli, ginger & a splash of light soya sauce. Add a bit of chopped coriander at the end. Basically use up whatever is lurking in the salad drawer!
  7. sididd

sididd Well-Known Member

Mmmmmm sounds tasty xxx
  8. Neonic

Neonic Well-Known Member

I just read another review for the slim rice. They made rice pudding with it and said it was amazing.
    I think I may need to try that myself.
  9. sididd

sididd Well-Known Member

I like the sound of rice pudding xxx
  10. CheeseGirl

CheeseGirl Well-Known Member

Does this stuff have to be refrigerated or can you keep it in the cupboard? I know some of the shirataki noodles need refrigeration
  11. Neonic

Neonic Well-Known Member

That's exactly what I did with mine. I plan to get some more so I can experiment. It's just the cost that is going to set me back a bit.

CheeseGirl - These one are sold Ambient so I keep them in my cupboard.
  12. CheeseGirl

Ooh, that's great. Think I'll jump on the bandwagon and try these. I just don't understand why they have to be so pricey :(
  13. GigiD

GigiD Well-Known Member

This actually sounds really tasty, thanks for the great tip
  14. Supertonic

Supertonic Well-Known Member

I just spotted these in my local H&B. Both the rice and the noodles. Brilliant, I love shirataki and I'm pretty sure these are the same - it says on the back made with konjac so that's the real deal.

Didn't buy any cos I'm still eating the stuff I got through amazon, also I don't need to now its just on pp Thursday it is so nice to have something that doesn't count! But I like a lot, they take the flavour of whatever you put with them. I rinse them in plain water before cooking for v short time, then drain on kitchen paper. Rice is good with curry or chilli, pasta is brill with bolognese.

Expensive at H&B, so prob worth looking out for offers.
  15. Neonic

Neonic Well-Known Member

I've been scouring the net to find some offers. I've found some noodles on a discount site but I'm a bit unsure about ordering food from a random site I've never heard of. They're sumatto noodles. They're exactly the same, it's just because its a random site. If anyone has had them before, I might order them.
  16. Kingly

Kingly Well-Known Member

Does anyone have links to shiritaki noodles they buy so I know its the right thing. I didn't know there were noodles out there that are allowed!
  17. dukannotsofatty

dukannotsofatty Well-Known Member

the noodles are made with something different, not wheat/rice. Been mentioned on here before, a few people bought them from amazon. worth a google maybe.

thanks for heads up with slim noodles, will have alook out for them. Our HB hasn't even started stockng the Dukan stuff yet. :(
  18. CheeseGirl

Just ordered a variety pack! How exciting! Or sad, depending on how you look at it :D
  19. Neonic

Neonic Well-Known Member

Where did you order the variety pack from?
  20. CheeseGirl

I'm not in the UK, I ordered it locally here in central Europe :)