SLIM NOODLE

Discussion in 'Dukan Diet' started by sididd, 18 January 2013 Social URL.

1. sididd

sididd Gold Member

Just seen these on the Holland and Barrett site hear are the ingredients.....they look Dukan ok to me ....What do you lot think?????????????

Each(100g)serving contains:
    Energy7.7kcal
    Protein0g
    Carbohydrate0g
    of which sugars0g
    Fat0.2g
    Fibre2.7g

looks like an alternative to the shiriaki noodles and cheaper.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

Register a free account with MiniMins and join in the conversation!
  3. Neonic

Neonic Full Member

Hi Sidd.

These are the ones I use. Well, I've only tried the rice one so far but I've got a pack of the spaghetti one too.
    When I read the back they are the same as shirataki noodles.

Hope this helps.x

4. sididd

sididd Gold Member

ah nic, of course you said you had use rice noodle I never clicked they were the ones you used, in the review they said they were the same texture as proper rice is that right????

5. Neonic

Neonic Full Member

Not far off if you dry fry them after giving then a really good rinse. You need to add plenty of flavouring or a sauce as they have no taste. I'll be buying them again.

6. sididd

sididd Gold Member

Thanks, just my luck they are out of stock atm but will give them a go xxx

7. chinababe

chinababe Silver Member

If you have a large chinese supermarket near you, they usually sell shirataki noodles in the Japanese section for a lot less money ( usually around £1.30). When I go I normally stock up in a big way!!! I soetimes use them to bulk out a clear soup that I make using chicken or prawns, spring onion, garlic, lemon grass,chilli, ginger & a splash of light soya sauce. Add a bit of chopped coriander at the end. Basically use up whatever is lurking in the salad drawer!

8. sididd

sididd Gold Member

Mmmmmm sounds tasty xxx

9. Neonic

Neonic Full Member

I just read another review for the slim rice. They made rice pudding with it and said it was amazing.
    I think I may need to try that myself.

10. sididd

sididd Gold Member

I like the sound of rice pudding xxx

11. CheeseGirl

CheeseGirl Gold Member

Does this stuff have to be refrigerated or can you keep it in the cupboard? I know some of the shirataki noodles need refrigeration

12. Neonic

Neonic Full Member

That's exactly what I did with mine. I plan to get some more so I can experiment. It's just the cost that is going to set me back a bit.

CheeseGirl - These one are sold Ambient so I keep them in my cupboard.

13. CheeseGirl

CheeseGirl Gold Member

Ooh, that's great. Think I'll jump on the bandwagon and try these. I just don't understand why they have to be so pricey :(

14. GigiD

GigiD Full Member

This actually sounds really tasty, thanks for the great tip

15. Supertonic

Supertonic Full Member

I just spotted these in my local H&B. Both the rice and the noodles. Brilliant, I love shirataki and I'm pretty sure these are the same - it says on the back made with konjac so that's the real deal.

Didn't buy any cos I'm still eating the stuff I got through amazon, also I don't need to now its just on pp Thursday it is so nice to have something that doesn't count! But I like a lot, they take the flavour of whatever you put with them. I rinse them in plain water before cooking for v short time, then drain on kitchen paper. Rice is good with curry or chilli, pasta is brill with bolognese.

Expensive at H&B, so prob worth looking out for offers.

16. Neonic

Neonic Full Member

I've been scouring the net to find some offers. I've found some noodles on a discount site but I'm a bit unsure about ordering food from a random site I've never heard of. They're sumatto noodles. They're exactly the same, it's just because its a random site. If anyone has had them before, I might order them.

17. Kingly

Kingly Full Member

Does anyone have links to shiritaki noodles they buy so I know its the right thing. I didn't know there were noodles out there that are allowed!

18. dukannotsofatty

dukannotsofatty Gold Member

the noodles are made with something different, not wheat/rice. Been mentioned on here before, a few people bought them from amazon. worth a google maybe.

thanks for heads up with slim noodles, will have alook out for them. Our HB hasn't even started stockng the Dukan stuff yet. :(

19. CheeseGirl

CheeseGirl Gold Member

Just ordered a variety pack! How exciting! Or sad, depending on how you look at it :D

20. Neonic

Neonic Full Member

Where did you order the variety pack from?

21. CheeseGirl

CheeseGirl Gold Member

I'm not in the UK, I ordered it locally here in central Europe :)