SLIM NOODLE

sididd

Gold Member
Just seen these on the Holland and Barrett site hear are the ingredients.....they look Dukan ok to me ....What do you lot think?????????????

Each(100g)serving contains:
Energy7.7kcal
Protein0g
Carbohydrate0g
of which sugars0g
Fat0.2g
Fibre2.7g

looks like an alternative to the shiriaki noodles and cheaper.

Hi Sidd.

These are the ones I use. Well, I've only tried the rice one so far but I've got a pack of the spaghetti one too.
When I read the back they are the same as shirataki noodles.

Hope this helps.x

ah nic, of course you said you had use rice noodle I never clicked they were the ones you used, in the review they said they were the same texture as proper rice is that right????

Not far off if you dry fry them after giving then a really good rinse. You need to add plenty of flavouring or a sauce as they have no taste. I'll be buying them again.

Thanks, just my luck they are out of stock atm but will give them a go xxx

If you have a large chinese supermarket near you, they usually sell shirataki noodles in the Japanese section for a lot less money ( usually around £1.30). When I go I normally stock up in a big way!!! I soetimes use them to bulk out a clear soup that I make using chicken or prawns, spring onion, garlic, lemon grass,chilli, ginger & a splash of light soya sauce. Add a bit of chopped coriander at the end. Basically use up whatever is lurking in the salad drawer!

Mmmmmm sounds tasty xxx

I just read another review for the slim rice. They made rice pudding with it and said it was amazing.
I think I may need to try that myself.

I like the sound of rice pudding xxx

I bought these from holland and Barrett.. Boiling them and dry frying for longer than recommended seems the tastiest way to eat them! Crispier and not rubbery in the slightest! Would love a few recipes! :D

That's exactly what I did with mine. I plan to get some more so I can experiment. It's just the cost that is going to set me back a bit.

CheeseGirl - These one are sold Ambient so I keep them in my cupboard.

If you have a large chinese supermarket near you, they usually sell shirataki noodles in the Japanese section for a lot less money ( usually around £1.30). When I go I normally stock up in a big way!!! I soetimes use them to bulk out a clear soup that I make using chicken or prawns, spring onion, garlic, lemon grass,chilli, ginger & a splash of light soya sauce. Add a bit of chopped coriander at the end. Basically use up whatever is lurking in the salad drawer!

This actually sounds really tasty, thanks for the great tip

I just spotted these in my local H&B. Both the rice and the noodles. Brilliant, I love shirataki and I'm pretty sure these are the same - it says on the back made with konjac so that's the real deal.

Didn't buy any cos I'm still eating the stuff I got through amazon, also I don't need to now its just on pp Thursday it is so nice to have something that doesn't count! But I like a lot, they take the flavour of whatever you put with them. I rinse them in plain water before cooking for v short time, then drain on kitchen paper. Rice is good with curry or chilli, pasta is brill with bolognese.

Expensive at H&B, so prob worth looking out for offers.

I've been scouring the net to find some offers. I've found some noodles on a discount site but I'm a bit unsure about ordering food from a random site I've never heard of. They're sumatto noodles. They're exactly the same, it's just because its a random site. If anyone has had them before, I might order them.

Does anyone have links to shiritaki noodles they buy so I know its the right thing. I didn't know there were noodles out there that are allowed!

the noodles are made with something different, not wheat/rice. Been mentioned on here before, a few people bought them from amazon. worth a google maybe.

thanks for heads up with slim noodles, will have alook out for them. Our HB hasn't even started stockng the Dukan stuff yet. :(

Back