Slim & Save Me!

Chika

Silver Member
Today I reached breaking point. My highest weight ever. I’m having a rubbish time at work at the moment and I’m not sure what is going to happen. My reaction in times of stress is to eat. I wish I could be one of those people who can’t eat when they are slightly upset. Unfortunately I’m not and I’ve been sat stuffing my face for almost a month – this combined with a total absence from the gym has led to the horrific weight gain.

I wish I could be one of those jolly fat lasses that are ok with it. However I like clothes that don’t come in a size 28, I want to go on rides at the seaside and I’m petrified of getting on a plane incase I can’t fit into the seat! I hate the looks of pity people give me in the street and the fact that no decent man looks twice at me. If they do I’m always convinced it is some kind of dare. I’m not totally miserable don’t worry, I just have this sneaking feeling that being fat is stopping me living the life I want to live.

So this is my chance, once and for all to sort myself out. I’ve done every different diet in the past with varying degrees of success. Cambridge, Atkins and everything else inbetween. I’ve always stopped eventually with an excuse. Well this is it, no more excuses, I look like this because I eat too much, pure and simple. Please feel free to join me as I plot my successes in this little diary. So here goes, Slim & Save might just be my saviour!

Ok so day one has arrived. I was dragged out of bed to take my sister to work this morning because her car had broken down :( Now sat here nursing a headache and trying to avoid the kitchen.

I ordered two weeks of shakes and some chilli meals to add to my existing bits. Hopefully they should come today. I'm thinking of holding off as long as I can before my first shake this morning and trying to space my shakes though the morning. Can we have cauliflower as part of the veg allowance?

Hey, I am one day 1 today aswell. I hope your day goes well! I was upset that cauliflower wasn't listed on the allowed veg, as I have been eating it constantly in place of carbohydrates before moving to slim and save. I think I need to learn to love broccoli. Are you doing 4 or 3 packs?

Hiya Braving a Bikini. I'm a bit gutted its not on the list either. Broccoli isn't too bad but you can do loads with cauli, like make it into rice or mash. Oh well.

I'm doing four packs, I don't think I will manage on three. How about you?

I've come from a different meal replacement that was 3 packs and a small meal so I am sticking with that. the meals you are allowed to have here are a lot more restrictive, but I like having that bit of normality. Plus I think it helps for learning eating habits.

I think cauli rice or mash was making an appearance at least 3 times a week in my dinner though, it will be sorely missed.

Although cauliflower is not on the list I'm sure it's allowed, this has been discussed quite a bit recently and i'm sure someone contacted sns and was told yes it's fine x

Although cauliflower is not on the list I'm sure it's allowed, this has been discussed quite a bit recently and i'm sure someone contacted sns and was told yes it's fine x

You have truly brightened my day :D Although, my housemates won't forgive you. I think they were looking forward to being without the cauli smell at dinner time. Thanks!

Good luck on your first day stay strong and stubborn and drink loads. You'll soon feel great and will lose loads of weight.

Then you can start living your life to the max

Hi chika. What an open and honest start to your diary. Good luck with slim & save, first few days are the hardest but once your through that its really not too bad. I would highly recommend ordering some of the choc truffa bars, small but delicious. Look forward to reading your successes x

Thanks everyone who has commented, It had made me smile! Good news @BravingABikini cauli is now on the list. I've just got my new order. Cheers @Trim T for letting us know.

Just sat eating a famous chocolat truffa. These are amazing. I can't believe they are diet food, yes small but mmmm wow. Thanks for the reccomendation.

Thanks everyone who has commented, It had made me smile! Good news @BravingABikini cauli is now on the list. I've just got my new order. Cheers @Trim T for letting us know.

Just sat eating a famous chocolat truffa. These are amazing. I can't believe they are diet food, yes small but mmmm wow. Thanks for the reccomendation.

This is ridiculous. I only got my order 4 days ago, and it;s all change. I have heard olives are also now on the list? Ahh well. At least it is change for the better.

Re: truffa bars. After hearing so many good things about them, they had to be my first bar to try. I actually let out a little food moan with my first bite. Is it possible to be in love with confectionery?

Yes! Olives are on the list, as is swede and turnip. Might be nice to get one and mash it up. Or possible even roast it. I feel a trip to sainsburys coming up...

Those chocolate truffa bars, omg, I think I'm going to have to hide them away. They are amazing. I think the challenge is to only have one a day!

Hi Chika, I remember you from when I first joined MiniMins in 2007, well that CD lasted about 3 weeks fo me, since then I have moved back to the UK (with Bermuda for a few years inbetween) and become mega massive. I have to say I have managed this for 7 weeks now and love it, no hunger, no pangs no bad days ( well one in the very beginning).
If I can do this, so can you - WELCOME BACK!
Julia

Hi Julia! I think I remember you too. How was Bermuda? Your losses are great. Thanks Zoe.

Right well after last weeks big post and resolution I went to the pub with a mate. Ended up eating a pile of non diet food and drinking. I then spent the rest of the week telling myself that I would start tomorrow....

Anyway I finally restarted today. I'm going on holiday in exactly four weeks from now and I've set myself a mini target of being able to do up the seatbelt on the plane without an extension. Hopefully slim and save coupled with the shred will see me right!

Hey, good luck today on your restart, keep your holiday in mind, only 4 weeks away, you could lose a stone in that time!! A stone lighter for your holiday would be brilliant! Stick at it you can do it!!!! xxx

Thank you Stef! I'm on my second day now and doing well. I can't find my ketostics but I think I'm well in ketosis as the hunger has gone. Just had to force myself to finish my chilli.

OMGosh! How amazing are the chocolate crispy shakes. They taste just like coco pops! I really like this diet. can't wait for weigh in on Monday...

Good luck today on day 3! Yep sounds like you just may be in ketosis :D i love ketosis!! Apart from the breath obviously lol!

Yeah the crispy choc shake is nice, although i am in love with hazelnut lol
xxx

Back