Slimgems diary

slimgem

Right. As I have gained much thinspiration from others on here I thought I'd bite the bullet and start my own

I first started on tfr on 24.09.12 weighing in at 12st 12lbs. I wasn't nervous about my first wi as I knew the damage I had caused prior. I ate to relieve stress at work and in my personal life. So I thought this is it I'm fed up of being overweight and it was now or never!!! I have my sisters wedding in June next year and I'm going to be a bridesmaid which means a dress that I do not want to be in and looking like a heffalump!
The first 2 weeks have flown by tbh and I am amazed at how well I have done. Well can't believe it really. I'm hoping to do 70 days on tfr which will mean by my calculations that I will be in the high 9 st I have not been that weight since i was in my mid 20s. (I'm 31 now) so it will be, for me, a Hugh mile stone and achievement.
I have like everyone else had good days and bad days which I think has kept me going. I talk myself in and out of this diet. The devil in me attempts to convince me to eat a kebab where as my angel helps me stay focused lol
Anyway day 14 tomorrow and second wi. First week I lost 6 lbs. hopefully this week I can make the one stone mark
Good luck peeps xxx

Today is my second wi and I've lost 8 lbs. I'm so excited now for my third week. I'm not gunna lie its been a tough week for me this week but hopefully I can plough on through!
I'm now 11st 12 lbs a total loss of a stone, 2 stone to go which will make me 9st 12 and then I'm hoping to lose another 5 through refeed and maintenance.
2 weeks complete 8 to go

Well today is a good day for me. Long awaited!! I have no cravings for food or hunger pangs and I'm feeling positive. I've decided to spread my shakes out one at 12 second at 3 and my final shake at 7pm. I find this was much easier for me.
This is my third week and I know I won't see the results I'd like on the scales at my third wi so I've banished the scales to my mums so there's no temptation for me hopping on them daily or after ever wee lol
This way it won't demotivate me if I don't see the results I'd like. So here's to week three, a big congratulations to everyone who has had fab losses this week already
And a big chin chin of water to us heehee!!
Xxx

Well day 16 and still 100% I have thee worst headache ever today it's killing me!! I know this is a side affect and I'm just glad I've only got it into my third week because I know if I'd had this in the first week I'd of given up. I'm gunna have a lie down and see if it subsides. I can't drink anymore water as I have all I'm allowed. Not a good day for me guys but I'll plod on through it blerrrgh x

Hmmmm headache yesterday subsided after a little nap but.........it's back again today which I'm not too impressed by. It's annoying I hope it's stress and not the diet cause I'm sure I won't be able to tolerate this for much longer!!! I'm not giving up though as its only 4 days till my third weigh in. Can't come soon enough
I hope I'm still here at week ten which is my goal and target week hopefully. On the bright side only 7 weeks to go x

I've decided to spread my shakes out one at 12 second at 3 and my final shake at 7pm. I find this was much easier for me.
This is my third week and I know I won't see the results I'd like on the scales at my third wi so I've banished the scales to my mums so there's no temptation for me hopping on them daily or after ever wee lol
This way it won't demotivate me if I don't see the results I'd like. Xxx

I'm totally with you on the not weighing yourself for the exact reason you have quoted, it can demotivate you. I know a lot of people say it actually motivates them but fluid level can fluctuate on a daily basis and thus affect the number on the scales so a weekly weigh in is what we really should be using as our guide to weight loss. Also it keeps you going strong till your weigh in because I'm of the belief that sometimes, if your own weigh in shows a very positive score, you may feel weak and then give in because you've done so well and can afford a little treat??? These in my opinion are just more ways of potential risk of self sabotage so I totally salute what you have done.

I also have my first shake around 12:0 midday and then my second one around 4pm then final one around 9pm. I find it easier to go without for as long as possible but once I have one, I really struggle to go more than 4hrs without another one. The final one at 9pm sees me through to bedtime so no temptation to cheat due to feeling hungry or bored.

I think you're doing really great so keep up the good work, and we'll be seeing much less of you each and every week :) xx

Yey ms r I'm glad we're on the same page. It makes it much more worth it not knowing how much you've lost until wi. No headache today and I actually feel wonderful to be honest. I work in court a lot of the time so I tried on my suit aand low and behold it fits yippppee what a difference a stone can make or maybe more in 3 days
Xxxx

I just went to put my shake bottle in the fridge & saw a tuppaware tub with feta cheese in it and really wanted to eat it but then I looked at it and imagined it as a lump of fat that would be added to my hips and it put me off!! Close call.

Oh no.........you did well sugar I'm proud of you lol. I always think "would eating this make you feel better and is it worth it" so then it puts me right off. I haven't been near the fridge in like forever ha
I do however have major water belly. And I've come to the conclusion that its not LT that makes you lose weight, it's running up and down the stairs to go for nine million wees every hour. Seriously no exaggeration lol x

Well today as I write this my partner is moving out on mutual terms. It's been a very hard and emotionally draining weekend for me to say the least. My only saving grace is this diet silly or not if I wasn't on this diet I would be going on a blow out in order to support the way I'm feeling right now. I started this diet in the hope it would make me feel more confident in my own skin and make it easier for my partner in the sense of not hearing me moan that I don't want to go out cause I'm fat bla bla. Although it hasn't worked lol I'm determined to get to goal and improve my life through tfr
I'm sorry if I've been a bit down in today's diary I just want everyone to know that when horrible things happen this diet is doable
Xxxxxxxxxx

Ah sorry to hear that Hun.
I hope u will be ok.
I praise u for being so positive about the diet. U can do. Xxx
If u need to talk we r all here for u xx

Sorry to hear about your sad news :-( but think positive now your gonna look amazing and you'll find that confidence that obviously has disappeared :) im behind ya hun xxx

So sorry to hear your news. As everyone said its never easy but it's fantastic your being so positive about the diet. I can honestly say to keep going as I know from experience that you will feel so confident when you get to your goal and I can't even tell you how much it'll change your life. Keep strong and Tc X

Awww you're having a bit of a rubbish time really and I do feel for you but to be honest, I only feel for how sad you are feeling now. I am happy that this has happened because it means that it obviously wasn't right for you and now you have been set free to concentrate on looking after yourself. Getting yourself confidence back is sooo important and you're weight loss is going to really help you with that but also, in time, you will realise that things happen for a reason and although we don't quite know the reason immediately, time will tell and I can guarantee to you that you will be in a much happier place in a little while, you'll be happier with yourself and learn to love yourself again and so then can somebody worthwhile really love you. You will be in a better place, just be patient but in the meantime, bloody well done on staying focused on your diet and losing weight, you're doing ace and I'm really very proud of you.

Ms r you do know how to make me feel better. Thank you for your wise words of wisdom as everything you've said is absolutely right. My concentration is on my diet and the end results. How I feel now will pass and I will eventually realise that all my hard work has paid off. Another 4 off for me today which makes gem a very happy gem lol. Thank you sugar xx

Day 23 today.......I have no idea where the days have gone and how the hell I have made it passed day three lol but I have, I'm here and still goin strong at 100% I had a bad day yesterday just feeling hungry which hasn't happened that much since starting the diet. Hopefully today is a good day. I need to really stay out of the kitchen n stop cooking lovely meals for my daughter but hey that's my will power kickin in
Hope everyone is doing well and getting great losses. Roll on Monday for my fourth wi canny wait xxxxxxxxx
Happy Wednesday everyone x

I am going insane. I think today has to be the worst day for me. I need food. I just don't wanna cheat. 6 more weeks. I doubt I'll make it to tomorrow
Sorry for whining moaning and groaning

Back