Slimmer Me

Well you can take the halo away today, couldn't resist bacon and toast at 450 cals :17729:

Yesterday I came in at a good 1570 cals and was busy all day. Today I don't think I'll be as healthy but am determined to stick within my 1700 limit.

Ouch at the carvery, and I do love the cauliflower cheese they do there.... I'll have to be extra good during the day to allow myself some spare cals for tea

I'm not sure I should be encouraging people to crave carveries, sorry :eek:

Today's been ok, had the yummy bacon toastie for brekkie, which kept me going through lunchtime, and have just had bolognaise sauce with tagliatelle. I did snack a bit too much today though and the calorie count's coming in at 1700 cals with the evening to go, think that melon will come in handy later...

I hate when I run out of cals an can't have a bit of a nibble in front of the TV lol

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Morning :)

I've decided to lower my calorie limit to 1600 as I don't feel I've been hungry enough to lose weight :D And it'll hopefully spur me on if I lose quicker.

Happy Friday everyone, the weekend is nearly here :)

Last edited:
:cry: Oh dear yesterday didn't go so well, I did my usual 'good for a few days then sabatage' :cry:

I got hungry, and it was more emotional I know, so instead of drinking water/coke or eating an apple, I ate anything and then once I knew I'd blown the cals gave up :break_diet:

Today is another day, I know w/ends are going to be trickier to calorie count but hoping I can at least attempt to stick to it today

Hi kayjay,
I'm just like you I find it really hard to stick to a diet, I think it's cause after dieting for a few days I want to get on the scales and have lost a stone, but that's not going to happen and I'm trying to teach myself that slow and steady with a few bumps along the way, wins the race. But I want to be thin now!!! It's so hard I'm a bit obsessed with the scales and I let it rule my mood so If I've done rubbish on the scales but good on the diet I binge?? Which defeats the object of it all, I've even thought about not getting weight every week and just get on every now and then to have a nosey how things are going, it might help me stick to it better and just stick to around 1270 cals a day plus exercise cals.
Sorry for babbling on on your diary.xxx

Just get back on with it. Today is a new day :)

Sazbirl, that's a good idea if the scale's are what is making you mess up. You'll know that you're eating healthier and in your calories so your weight will be going down. No need to check constantly :)

:cry: Oh dear yesterday didn't go so well, I did my usual 'good for a few days then sabatage' :cry:

I got hungry, and it was more emotional I know, so instead of drinking water/coke or eating an apple, I ate anything and then once I knew I'd blown the cals gave up :break_diet:

Today is another day, I know w/ends are going to be trickier to calorie count but hoping I can at least attempt to stick to it today

I've luckily only had one day that I have managed to sabotage myself on so far in the last 30.

I know what you mean about the weekends but I mentally prepare for it and I put down all my food that I plan to eat in my food diary on a Friday so I know exactly how many cals I've got to play with.... I try not to be too hard on myself so if I go over by a 100 cals on a Sat/Sun then so be it - I'm not sitting at a desk all day so I figure it won't be hurting me as I am running up and down the stairs and undertaking housework etc!

What sorts of foods do you really love? Lets see if we can help you find alternatives with lesser calories so that you don't feel hungry.

You say you want to eat less calories so you feel hungry and feel like you are on a diet but for myself I know that if I feel hungry then I am way more likely to eat foodstuffs I shouldn't LOL

Hope your weekend goes well.

The best thing you can do is, draw a line under yesterday and star afresh today. We are only human, it's so easy to let emotions get in the way and sabotage everything. We have all been there, so don't feel bad hun. Be as sensible today as you can, but remember, it is the weekend, so cut yourself some slack. As long as you treat yourself sensibley, you will be OK. :D

:wave_cry: I'm back, thanks for all the advice, it's really helpful.

Sazbirl - I am just the same as you, on the occasions I have gone to a WW or SW club, I stick to the diet, then if I haven't lost weight, I binge. What's really weird though is that if I have lost weight, I binge :confused: It's like my brain goes 'oh great I've lost 3lb, I can eat again' and I have no idea why I self-sabotage. But I have to think if I can stick to this diet 5 or ideally 6 days out of 7 overall my calories are vastly reduced. This weekend has been an abnormally stressful for various reasons, so I need to plan ahead for the weekends to be able to stick to a diet better.

Back on track today, just had a toasted fruit teacake so far today and do feel back in the right frame of mind :)

Hi ya - I hope your week is going well?

Not toooo bad thanks :) Didn't really stick to it yesterday but feeling much more positive today. Got on the scales and have lost 1.5lb so it's a start.

How's your week going?

I've not got much of a meal plan this week which is making the diet harder to stick to. So later I'm going to sit down and work out some meals from what we have in the cupboards and freezer as we are running out of money this month (and it's only the 7th :cry:)

Well done on your loss!

Back