Slimmer of thr Week

meadowbankles

Silver Member
How is it determined who wins this, please? I thought I had it in the bag :) But somebody else who lost less than me this week won ....

I'm sure that you cannot get it if it is your first week or if you haven't lost the week before...because these usually kick start bigger losses the week after x

Yes that's right. Same happened to me a few weeks ago. I lost four pounds but a member who lost two got SOTW because I had gained two the week before. The fruit bowl that week was fab too!

I see. I've lost weight every week, even if only half a pound. I lost 1.5 last week and got my half stone award. Tonight, the only person who lost more than me was a guy on a first week loss of 6lb. Image Therapy went right round the room and there were one or two 3lbs and a 3.5lb from the lady next to me. I lost 4lb so assumed I had won. But it was given to the lady next to me. I don't care about the basket of fruit, but I generally lose such small amounts that little things like that give me an incredible boost. Can the leader make a mistake? Or does that thingummy she carries tell her who has won?

I see. I've lost weight every week, even if only half a pound. I lost 1.5 last week and got my half stone award. Tonight, the only person who lost more than me was a guy on a first week loss of 6lb. Image Therapy went right round the room and there were one or two 3lbs and a 3.5lb from the lady next to me. I lost 4lb so assumed I had won. But it was given to the lady next to me. I don't care about the basket of fruit, but I generally lose such small amounts that little things like that give me an incredible boost. Can the leader make a mistake? Or does that thingummy she carries tell her who has won?

It sounds like maybe your consultant made a mistake (though it is suppose to be automated, ie the pda tells her). The rules are very simple. The person with the highest weight loss, as long as they didnt gain the previous week or it isnt first week in.

I was told you can't get it if you stay the same, as well.
Talk to your consultant if you think you should have got it :)

Biggest loss after a loss or sts the week before. The pda should tell her and if that person hasnt stayed for class ours just raffles it off using the same tickets that have been sold for the weekly raffle prize (thats the only way I get the sotw basket lol!)

In the last group I went to, if the SOTW hadn't stayed to group the consultant would give it to the most eligible person that had stayed. In my current group if the SOTW hasn't stayed the prize is raffled off.

The pda works it out, it takes the losses from both weeks to work out who gets it xx
I've spoken to the consultant today. She said it works it out over a two-week period and whoever has lost the most over two weeks is the winner - though the Slimming World website doesn't say that, it just says the biggest lost THAT WEEK as long as not on the back of a gain or a missed week or a first week loss.
Not that bothered, just needed to understand it.
Thanks for your replies everybody.

Oh this is interesting, I never knew that!
I am on my second week but have gained, I really must throw the bloody scales away!
I think I am giving myself a month to sort myself out, up my syns etc this week, I probably would have lost this week but a bad day on saturday meant I was stupid and ate a kebab!
I wish you lots of luck for slimmer of the week hun :D well done on your weight loss so far :clap:
xx

So in your groups there's only ever one SOTW?

I've spoken to the consultant today. She said it works it out over a two-week period and whoever has lost the most over two weeks is the winner - though the Slimming World website doesn't say that, it just says the biggest lost THAT WEEK as long as not on the back of a gain or a missed week or a first week loss.
Not that bothered, just needed to understand it.
Thanks for your replies everybody.

That is not true. Unless there has been a change in policy.

I didn't think it was right either. But she said the PDA told her the other lady had won, although she did agree with me that she had lost half a pound less than me this week.

I had been told that it was a total of the week and the week before.
Whoever had the greatest value ended up with Slimmer of the Week.
I am not entirely sure if a gain excludes you but unless you had a phenomenal loss on the scales following a gain, you are unlikely to qualify.

The only reason I know this is because someone in my group lost 4 pounds on the week of weigh-in but the week before she had gained 4 pounds. That week I had lost 2 pounds but I had also lost another 3 the week before.
Said person who lost 4 pounds became extremely confrontational about the situation and was on the verge of demanding the basket for herself at which point I raised an eyebrow and gave the basket back to allow the consultant to give it to her as she was causing a scene.

I am not entirely sure if a gain excludes you but unless you had a phenomenal loss on the scales following a gain, you are unlikely to qualify.

The only reason I know this is because someone in my group lost 4 pounds on the week of weigh-in but the week before she had gained 4 pounds. That week I had lost 2 pounds but I had also lost another 3 the week before.
Said person who lost 4 pounds became extremely confrontational about the situation and was on the verge of demanding the basket for herself at which point I raised an eyebrow and gave the basket back to allow the consultant to give it to her as she was causing a scene.

omg what an awful situation to be in!!
I feel so bad for you! thats terrible, even if she disagreed she could have had a quiet word with your consultant who could have explained rather than causing a scene and embarrassing everyone and herself!
xx

omg what an awful situation to be in!!
I feel so bad for you! thats terrible, even if she disagreed she could have had a quiet word with your consultant who could have explained rather than causing a scene and embarrassing everyone and herself!
xx

I don't mind, the girl who was kicking up a fuss is not particularly mature anyway and has given some bum recipes to the group including tweaks which aren't endorsed by Slimming World.
Speaking of which, I haven't seen her or her mother for three weeks...

good lord! I wasn't that bothered!!
However, we've got to the bottom of it. I DID win it but she thought I hadn't stayed to class and gave it to the "next" one. I KNEW she'd been calling me a different name that night. She gave me my certificate and sticker tonight. Sorry, I haven't been ignoring your replies, guys, I've been on holiday.

Back