Slimmers with Illness/injury

fraggle1805

Hi I am back after a long break and going to slimming world. I am 35 with two children but my life is mainly dominated by having autoimmune diseases at the moment. I am often wheelchair bound or even bed bound on the worst days. I have to take some incredibly brutal drugs. I am desperate to lose weight as I hate myself but when I feel so poorly or in pain 95% of the time it is tough. So I am looking for any other members on here following any diet who understand each other and can help each other try and live more healthily when we have other things going on. So if anyone is interested it would be great to hear from you and we could set up a thread x

Hi.

I have done my tern in a chair, so know the difficulties with that and how others quite often look as if they are thinking "poor person", in some ways it's a gift, as you get to view the world in a new way which means you have to face up to your own things, making you a stronger person. That said, a day didn't go by that I didn't think about being out of the chair, off the crutches even daring to hope to return to work.

I will certainly follow this thread, here for anyone who wants a chat.

Back