slimmers with lots of stones to lose??

Hi I'm amzie and I have no target yet but I need to loose about 5 stone.

So far I'm on 10.5lbs loss and hoping for a good loss this week to get near to my stone loss. Good luck everyone we all need the support and I want to help as much as I can too.

gazter said:
I was the same, I never really had a target until i was about three stone down. It was the first time i had dieted I had no idea what to realistically expect. I knew by the BMI charts what was considered a healthy weight, but it seemed so far away, an impossible sounding target.

To be bang on in the middle of a healthy BMI, 22.5, the calculator said I needed to be 11st 7. I was 21st 9. Ten stone seemed like an extraordinary and unrealistic amount of weight to lose. To set that as my target would have just been depressing, even with amazing weight loss it would seem just too far ahead. Setting myself up to fail.

My first real big target was to get myself under BMI of 40, and then 35, and then 30. 30 was great as I had passed obesity!!

Thanks gazter :) I don't really pay attention to my BMI as I'm only 5"4 so I'm sure my target weigh will be 7st or something haha I'm just going to play it by year and to be in the overweight category would be fantastic which I think is 12st :) but I'm definetly going to set myself little targets my next one is to lose 0.5 this week to get into the 17s.

AmZie said:
Hi I'm amzie and I have no target yet but I need to loose about 5 stone.

So far I'm on 10.5lbs loss and hoping for a good loss this week to get near to my stone loss. Good luck everyone we all need the support and I want to help as much as I can too.

Hi :) welcome and good luck

well i decided last week to set myself a target of 14 stone and see were i go from there, so far i have lost 3st 1.5lb which takes me to 19st, 11.5 still so didnt wanna set one more further, as everyone at my s/w said theres nothing set in stone, some just wanna get to a certain size or weight, still a long way to go but im liking how its going so far, i got in a size 22 jeans last week and was bursting out of a 26 back in april, wearing some clothes that i had not been able to fit in for a couple of years :)

I have lots to lose. Started at 27 stone 3.5 and I have been following Slimming World since 10th January 2012. I now weigh 21 stone 9.5 with a 5 stone 8lbs loss.

I have just hit my unofficial "club 20" and hoping to join the century club as I only have 22lbs to go til I have lost 100lbs.

My first goal after that will be 19 stone by my birthday month (March)

I have lots to lose. Started at 27 stone 3.5 and I have been following Slimming World since 10th January 2012. I now weigh 21 stone 9.5 with a 5 stone 8lbs loss.

I have just hit my unofficial "club 20" and hoping to join the century club as I only have 22lbs to go til I have lost 100lbs.

Congrats, it's really working for you, keep banging away and I'm sure you'll reach 19st way before your birthday.

MrsLisaMarie said:

Wow ur doing amazing so far well done

I have just been informed that my brother in law will get married in Egypt in September time so looking ahead I wish I can be almost at target if not there by then :)

hiya all i have LOTS to loss am new to this foum but started slimming world 5 weeks ago and i have lost 32lb all in so far looking for buddys who also have a long journy to go or r almost there would b good to here from u all :)

I'm a bit anxious about setting any goals. Even my 10% seems so far away. I'm trying to be happy with 1lb a week and not to look beyond.

I'm a bit anxious about setting any goals. Even my 10% seems so far away. I'm trying to be happy with 1lb a week and not to look beyond.

I know exactly where you're coming from as I was in the same situation but I've got my club 10 in 10 weeks and I'm now trying for my 2.5st award next week. You've already lost a stone so you're doing really well :) good luck

Thanks AnwenG - you have had a lovely steady weight loss. I wobbled a bit and put on 2lb week before last. I haven't panicked though. It is amazing how not panicking into giving up for the week actually works. I lost that 2lb last week and I'm still determined

Wow there are some amazing losses on this thread. Really well done. I find it tough going sometimes which is understandable I suppose.

I've just got my 2st award and have another 9.5st to go. Seems like so a humongous amount. Reading here it doesn't seem so unachievable!

Back