slimmers with lots of stones to lose??

I have too many stones to lose! :(

I'm 19st 6lbs and aiming to get down to about 10st... But I know I can do it!!

I have too many stones to lose! :(

I'm 19st 6lbs and aiming to get down to about 10st... But I know I can do it!!

Hi cherry pie, I was where you are now, this time last year. Good luck, and let this be the year your life changes :)

Gazter - Thanks!! I really my life has already changed, well, lifestyle anyway; which is a step on the right path.

I've adapted much more easily to the eatin plan this time, the children are enjoying the food, and also my husband who has some weight to shift too. He has Crohn's so I have to fit this around him... He's finding it much harder as he isn't allowed fibre, so no HExB's for him! No potato skins, barely any cereals, strictly no wholemeal bread.... But he'll get there too! :)

Hiya Cherry Pie (one of my favourite foods by the way :)

I too have 10 stone to loose and have had a slow start first week put 2 on wasnt in the right place... then 8.5 off then .5 off and sts this week but have been away and had a birthday in last 2 weeks and am in the right place in my head if you know what I mean... we will have to keep each other company along our journey :)

Hi Everyone

I have only just signed up to this forum and was looking to talk to people with a long journey ahead of them. I started slimming World on November 26th and weighed 20 stone and 13 pounds. I have lost just over 2 stone but I want to weigh 9 stone 13 pounds to get me to my 25BMI. It is such a long journey and I'm only losing one pound a week at the moment so feels like i will never get there. Do you have any tips to speed up my weight loss and any words of wisdom for someone on a long road?

thanks

B x

Hi Everyone

I have only just signed up to this forum and was looking to talk to people with a long journey ahead of them. I started slimming World on November 26th and weighed 20 stone and 13 pounds. I have lost just over 2 stone but I want to weigh 9 stone 13 pounds to get me to my 25BMI. It is such a long journey and I'm only losing one pound a week at the moment so feels like i will never get there. Do you have any tips to speed up my weight loss and any words of wisdom for someone on a long road?

thanks

B x

Pound off every week in and out, consistently is nothing to be sniffed at. On the other hand, are you following the plan strictly? Are you having only those fifteen syns, are you filling up on super free, are you eating your healthy extra, have you tried to increase your exercise through body magic?

I have 9 stones to lose...

It seems so far away. I remember looking at bmi tables and thinking how on earth could I lose such an enormous amount of weight?
i needed to lose nine stone to just sneak in under a bmi of 25. It seemed ridiculous. But I did it, you can do it.

Hiya Cherry Pie (one of my favourite foods by the way :)

I too have 10 stone to loose and have had a slow start first week put 2 on wasnt in the right place... then 8.5 off then .5 off and sts this week but have been away and had a birthday in last 2 weeks and am in the right place in my head if you know what I mean... we will have to keep each other company along our journey :)

Believe it or not I don't like cherries at all haha, never mind cherry pie. I used to call my children 'my little cherry pie' when they were tiny and new :)

I know what you mean about being in the right place mentally, I'm definitely there! I'm kinda dragging my husband along behind me a little but he's getting there now. It doesn't really feel like a diet does it? I think that's what he's most impressed with.

We should definitely keep each other company, nice to know I'm not the only one trying to lose a lot. xx

Hi Everyone

thanks

B x

We can all do it together! I have a lot to lose too and I don't mind what I lose each week as long as its a loss. I like knowing that I'm getting lighter each week, even just 1lb lighter. It will be worth it. We all know what it's like to be big and we will appreciate being slim all the more knowing how hard we've worked and how long it's taken to get there.

My BMI is currently 42 and I'm aiming to get it down to about 23. I'll get there though, and so will you. xx

hope everyone is having a good week :) I have been good this week apart from take away last night but had chicken bhuna which is about 7 syns and had plain rice and just pinched a bit of hubbies nan so hopefully should still be ok this week as I have been good the rest of the week. was actually sorry that I gave in and had one but I did enjoy it and didnt do my usual of opening a bottle of red to go with it. rest of the week should be good I went shopping earlier in the snow as we where running low of everything and had a good sw shop.

do you all plan your meals for the week? I try but fall by the wayside and decide when i get in what we are having but think life would be easier if i stuck to plan?

Have a good evening/weekend all

hope everyone is having a good week :) I have been good this week apart from take away last night but had chicken bhuna which is about 7 syns and had plain rice and just pinched a bit of hubbies nan so hopefully should still be ok this week as I have been good the rest of the week. was actually sorry that I gave in and had one but I did enjoy it and didnt do my usual of opening a bottle of red to go with it. rest of the week should be good I went shopping earlier in the snow as we where running low of everything and had a good sw shop.

do you all plan your meals for the week? I try but fall by the wayside and decide when i get in what we are having but think life would be easier if i stuck to plan?

Have a good evening/weekend all

Hi Pickle :)

We tend to stick to a meal plan, I find it so much easier! I'm currently trying to batch cook loads of meals and put them in the freezer for the husband. I work evenings so he struggles when I'm not there to cook for him as I'm the one who knows the plan...he just follows my lead on it. If there's things already prepared I just get it out of the freezer to defrost and he reheats it.

Currently in the freezer we have 3 individual portions of chicken curry (Indian style) and 3 family sized portions of chip shop curry sauce. I'll be making BBQ sauce today I think along with some SW chilli con carne. This week I'll be making shepherds pie too to freeze.

Had my weigh in this morning, only 1lb off. I'm getting frustrated that weight isn't coming off quicker, I'm stepping up the workouts this week!

I've stuck to the plan precisely, I rarely have more than 5 syns a day, and that is usually margarine and light salad cream. Humph. Maybe I should be eating more syns? I've heard that before but it feels too wrong to be eating syns. <sigh>

Hope everyone else is having a good week xx

Hiya Cherry

wow that sounds really organised, I sometimes freeze soup but that is about it maybe I will have a rethink even just for extras to take in for lunch.

I lost 4.5 this week but have only lost .5 and the a sts the last 2 weeks so really happy with that.

what do you have for breakfast and lunch? maybe if you are doing lots of excercis it is more muscle? or are you having lots of veg etc as 3rd of your meal? sorry if telling you to suck eggs but dont want you to get downhearted.

keep going we will get there and you did have a loss.

Hello ladies..... I have 10 stone plus to shift ( need to shift weight to conceive ) feel overwhelmed by the amount I have to loose sometimes, would love a SW buddy in the same daunting situation to support / motivate me ! I will of course do the same in return xx without ever wishing to offend anyone,having 2 stone to loose is very very different to facing a 10 stone mountain x

Laura xx

I need to lose weight so I can have babies too- not that I've tried to conceive, but feel its only fair on my body and my child if I'm healthy and then try conceiving... I have 8 stones to lose. I started off at 10 stones 2 years ago and I've been doing sw on and off. Really determined now as its my 28 birthday in a couple of weeks and thought I would have been a mummy by now :( hey ho- wasn't meant to be just yet. Would love to buddy up hun x

Hello ladies..... I have 10 stone plus to shift ( need to shift weight to conceive ) feel overwhelmed by the amount I have to loose sometimes, would love a SW buddy in the same daunting situation to support / motivate me ! I will of course do the same in return xx without ever wishing to offend anyone,having 2 stone to loose is very very different to facing a 10 stone mountain x

Laura xx

We can be buddies!!

I need to lose about another 9st having lost 1st so far. It's gonna be a long hard slog but we can get there!

I need to lose weight so I can have babies too- not that I've tried to conceive, but feel its only fair on my body and my child if I'm healthy and then try conceiving... I have 8 stones to lose. I started off at 10 stones 2 years ago and I've been doing sw on and off. Really determined now as its my 28 birthday in a couple of weeks and thought I would have been a mummy by now :( hey ho- wasn't meant to be just yet. Would love to buddy up hun x

I'll be your buddy too!

This thread is for everyone who needs support from people in the same kind of situation, whatever your reasons for losing weight are. It's a big first step just deciding to go for it.

Back