Slimming and breastfeeding my second!

Destiel

Hello all!

I'm almost 5months pp with my 2nd child and exclusively bfing. I've done SW several times before and each time lost 2st+, before gaining again due to pregnancy. As this is my last baby, I'm determined to lose 7st and stay at a healthy goal weight.

I combination fed my first, but this one refuses to take a bottle, so ebf it is, lol. I love all the extra HEXs and am really gonna miss them when I have to stop.

Anyway, thats a bit about me. Would love to chat with other mums in the same position :)

:););)I'm in a similar situation but my little one is 3 months. I started back really quick as I want to maximise breastfeeding power of weight loss. Seemed sensible to me rather than waiting and it being harder!

I find it hard to eat all the extra HEX particularly because I don't have much dairy anyway. Almond milk on weetabix is about where it's at for me. Oh and the occasional bit of cheese.

I'm trying to get little one to take a bottle at the moment with expressed milk as I have to return to work for a three day interval at the end of May. The little wotsit isn't keen though.

The weightloss power of BF is amazing and I think I will be expressing forever just to keep it going!!! ;) ;)

Hi!

Lol, my boobs hate the pumpo_O Its such a worry isn't it when they won't take the bottle. Luckily I've got until the summer before I go back to work (although it'll fly by!).

I lost 1.5lb this week. Not amazing but hopefully starting back on the preschool run next week will help speed it up! I think I'm also letting a few extra syns in as I think I need extra.

How's your losses going? It'll be good when it finally stops raining and we can get the buggies out more

I'm only back temporarily and then have the summer hols off too (I'm a teacher) so I hope to continue to maximise it. I second wanting the nicer weather just to get out and get some more walking in!!

I'm not keen on the pump but I seem to be ok with it. Never as much as actually feeding though!!

Went and had a walk round the lake and a picnic in the rain! Won't feel so bad about my treat night dominoes now :eat:

Hope you've had a good day!

Been super good today :)

Can't promise it will continue as I have some green and blacks calling my name. I'm sure there is calcium in it!! :)

Glad you have had a good day! X

Hello all!

I'm almost 5months pp with my 2nd child and exclusively bfing. I've done SW several times before and each time lost 2st+, before gaining again due to pregnancy. As this is my last baby, I'm determined to lose 7st and stay at a healthy goal weight.

I combination fed my first, but this one refuses to take a bottle, so ebf it is, lol. I love all the extra HEXs and am really gonna miss them when I have to stop.

Anyway, thats a bit about me. Would love to chat with other mums in the same position :)
Hi can I ask how you've been getting in with the plan... are you finding it difficult with 2??

Hi, I'm bfing my 3rd child who's 20 mth old, same story of done SW lost about half my goal then got pregnant and terrible sickness so all went to pot. This time I will see it through :) good luck! :)

Well good like I'm breastfeeding my no 3 he's almost 5months and I'm so far off the track its getting me down just can't seem to stay dedicated... onwards and downwards as they say

I'm pregnant with my 3rd and was unable to breast feed the first 2. I just didn't seem to have enough milk and they were always still hungry, I tried for the first few days but always had to top up with a bottle. Then I swapped to expressing for a week or two, but I spent 40mins expressing then 20mins feeding then repeat, with no break in the middle, it took over my whole life and I gave up. I also have HUGE boobs and its really awkward not to smother babies to death.
Anyone got any tips???

I'm pregnant with my 3rd and was unable to breast feed the first 2. I just didn't seem to have enough milk and they were always still hungry, I tried for the first few days but always had to top up with a bottle. Then I swapped to expressing for a week or two, but I spent 40mins expressing then 20mins feeding then repeat, with no break in the middle, it took over my whole life and I gave up. I also have HUGE boobs and its really awkward not to smother babies to death.
Anyone got any tips???

In the nicest way possible this is pretty normal, it does take over your life, but in a good way and not forever. I was on a cycle of feed for 45mins, put baby down for 15 then wake up crying and feed again for 45, it went on for weeks and I didn't think I could cope but I did. This is because the baby is increasing the milk supply. It is harder for some than others but trust me we had a lot of issues we had to overcome, I won't bore you with all the details but it was hard, if you're determined to bf you have to really set your mind to it and know that you eventually turn a corner. On the big boob thing, I always had to support mine with one hand and the babies head with the other hand for the same reason. Best of luck :)

Back