Slimming Down

Sunday dinner wasn't due until 2:30.... Which means it'll be after 3pm. So I had an early lunch of leftover veg curry and the coriander and lime rice, which is just so nice.

I weighed my Yorkshire pudding, which was 50g (3/28*50=5 syns) and I had half a tablespoon of horseradish for 1 syn.

Thanks Suzy. You can't eat anything in your sleep 😂 I left my measured milk at mum and dad's. Lol. But there's loads left so I'll be find with a couple of cups of tea tonight. Just thinking what to use my syns on... I have used 6 out of 25... I know I have chocolate in so I might have a twirl from a multipack for 9 and a sandwich using HEB + 1 syn for and maybe some crisps later.

Weighed 35g of sensations lime chutney poppadoms for 8.5 syns to being me to 24.5 out of 25 for the day.
I think it's good to mix how many syns I have each day. Sometimes not many, sometimes lots. I knew I was down yesterday and I didn't want to start eating when I felt so crappy because I would possibly end up binging. Today... Well things haven't changed but I'm not so upset by them. I might be tomorrow, but I'm ok now.

Made overnight oats with frozen mango and raspberries for the morning using my HEB and taken a chicken breast out of the freezer for a salad for lunch and I'll use my hea on cheese for slimming world Mac and cheese for tea. It's also my first proper weigh in tomorrow morning!

Feeling crappy *sighs* not about weight loss. I struggle with depression.

Had banana and apple midmorning. Chicken salad (2syns for dressing) for lunch with a satsuma, yogurt and jelly (0.5 syns).

Feel like just going to sleep. Normally I'd talk with the ex or my best friend. Best friend is too busy. Ex is.... Complicated and not really talking to me at the moment. So I'm stuck; feeling shitty and not turning to food.

:thankyouthankyou::thankyouthankyou:9lbs! whoohoooo, well done you, I hope you feel very proud of yourself for doing such a great job!:sw007::thankyouthankyou::thankyouthankyou:

Franimal, are you able maybe to go for a walk, some fresh air to help all those endorphins, and get some steps in?

Thanks jukie, I gave myself time to do nothing, then I went upstairs to see before picking my son up. I've then done the washing up and cleaned the oven and the sofa (my son is gross).

I've been on medication and had this illness for a long time, sometimes it's just a bit crappier than others. If I give myself time to just be, but with the proviso that I will do x y or z afterwards.

Son got to have a video chat with his dad (the ex) tonight and to see his half sisters for the first time. It was really cute and just before I tucked him in he said "I love my sisters".

We had slimming world Mac n cheese (using my hea) and salad and and I have two extra portions leftover, which sorts out out lunch for the next two days! Or lunch and one of my many in between meals 😂 I used natural greek yoghurt (0% fat) instead of cottage cheese and I preferred it, so I'll stick to this version from now on. It was so delicious I wanted seconds but I let it settle in my tummy first and I'm glad I did as I'm not hungry. Still just on 2.5 syns from lunchtime, but have used both my healthy extras.

Having scrambled egg on toast for breakfast tomorrow and stuffed veg for tea... Might end up using 6 syns on a second hea.... Shame it isn't red and green anymore, it'd be a perfect green day.

Tonight I think I'll catch up on some TV - I've been learning about the Plantagenets and filling in gaps, and do some bullet journalling. I need to set up the rest of this week, May and I might do a weightloss one too.

In bed now and didn't have anything else to eat since dinner so I finished the day on 2.5syns.

I only managed to set up this week and may in my bullet journal tonight, but it kept me absorbed and things seem ok again with the ex. It seems he's just been a bit stressed and we both respond to stress by retreating. Except he retreated and I thought I should give him more space and then both of us were barely talking.

My boy was interested in the mobile homes (they're on holiday and he saw them on the video call) so I might look into booking a little holiday for us. I've been putting money to one side since the start of the year for a holiday, I was hoping for somewhere hot, but we'll see. Problem is we live by the beach and in the countryside, so we live where people come on holiday to! Seems silly to go away for the same stuff. I've taken him for a few days to London and Bristol and Legoland, but this has all been more recently - a pushing of boundaries caused by anxiety. Small steps and all that. Hence putting £30 to one side each week for a proper holiday, so I can have the money ready and build up my confidence at the same time. I'd like to visit Winchester, so I might see what places they have there... We'll see, for now it's another slimming world day done to 100% 😊

P.s. I walk my son to and from school and I walk to and from work as well, it's so routine I never think to mention it.

Apparently pouting and batting my eyelashes won't get the workmen at work to shift 2.5 tonnes of cut grass. 😂😂😂 I have no shame. Usually if I pretend to be pathetic I can get workmen to do all sorts of things for me. Hey, if they are stupid enough to think I'm incapable that's on them. Unfortunately most men round here know I am a toolbox mum and can change bike tyres, put up blinds and shelving, lay floors, dig out patio extensions, wallpaper etc etc etc so it's rare I get to play, "I'm pathetic, please do these things for me!"

On to the food!
Scrambled egg on toast (HEB + 1 syn) and an apple.
I'll be synning my milk in tea today. Only had one cup so far. Got some fruit in my bag if I need anything before lunch.

Got to do some design work today at work and got some good news of having solved a rota problem so it seems to be a pretty good day so far. Son has signed up to another after school club. He will be doing clubs on Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays and have his swimming lesson on Saturdays!

Right, on to the boring work! (Had to do the design work first; it came in this morning and needs to be finished by 1pm)

Thanks Suzy.

Midmorning I had a banana and a satsuma.
Lunch, leftover Mac n cheese (hea) salad and beetroot, jelly (0.5 syns) and yogurt.

Healthy extras and 1.5 syns used so far (and however much the milk ends up coming to)

Son's punishment of no sweets or computer has now ended so I'll be taking him to the shop after school to pick something. Had lovely snuggles with him this morning. 😊

Currently trying to plan the rest of the week's meals. Pondering breakfasts...

Breakfasts are currently looking like
W: fruit and yogurt (I don't like anything heavy before swimming and as everyone met for coffee on Monday I doubt anything is going on Wednesday so I'll go first thing as usual)
T: breakfast burrito (made with egg wraps)
F: undecided
S: banana split!!! (Obviously not with ice cream, but yogurt)
S: french toast slimming world style

Dinners will be
W: burger and chips and salad
T: balsamic caprese chicken
F: seafood risotto
S: skillet taco (this should be good as my son begged for tacos but hated the shells)
S: roast beef (the joint has been waiting patiently in the freezer

I'm drawing a blank for lunches. I have one more portion of Mac n cheese left and I think there will be leftovers of stuffed veg. I'll have to think tonight as I'll be shopping after swimming.

Added olives (3 syns) I actually forgot to count how many before I chopped them, but there weren't 16 and I'd rather over estimate than under. I also added 30g parmesan so 9 syns for the whole dish or 1.5 per veg. Got to see how hungry I am to know total syns for tea.

Hi - I've just caught up with your diary - I don't know how you slipped off my radar as I'm 'following' you?????

I'm very impressed with all your efforts and delighted at your first week's loss - even if that's part water - it's still fabulous. Glad to read things have improved withe your ex - you don't need that hassle.

Your meals are looking tasty (esp as I'm hungry ;) ) Hope you decide on a holiday that you'll both enjoy - lots of interesting places to go - let us know when you decide.

Oh dear upndown. I post lots through the day so I can keep track of things!

The stuffed veg were nice enough... But not satisfying. Had 3 so 4.5 syns, add to 0.5 milk, 1.5 from earlier and 45g sensations poppadoms (11 syns) and a curly wurly for 6 syns I've come to 23.5 syns.

I wouldn't bother with the stuffed veg again. I have a hard boiled egg in the fridge I can have if I'm still hungry - lol. My son took a painful 45 minutes eating a stuffed pepper, but I know if the same ingredients were a curry it'd have been finished no problem. It really wasn't worth the time or effort. Burgers tomorrow will cheer everyone up!

Re the ex... Yeah, I call him the ex, and he's my son's dad, but it's all rather complicated as we both seem to have developed feelings for each other again and I think we were both being a bit passive aggressive and shutting each other out a bit because it's confusing and complicated, obviously not shutting out when it comes to our son, and it was only over a few days. We live 100s of miles apart too.... Which is how I prefer a partner to be to be fair! 😂 Anyway... Yeah, all a bit baffling.

What a pain it is when we choose a recipe - cook it and it's a disappointment as we look forward to our meals don't we - esp the main one of the day. I found a cheese burger recipe today - you might like to try it some time here it is - http://www.slimmingeats.com/blog/cheeseburger-quiche it looks tasty - but the ads are a bit annoying! When I make it I'll let you know how it turns out! I used to steer clear of cottage cheese but bit the bullet one day and used it in a recipe - it worked out ok so I use it occasionally these days.

Relationships can be complicated but it's good that you can work together regarding your son.

Enjoy your burgers!

Last edited:
Thanks upndown I'll check it out! I make burgers slimming world way ever since I first joined and lost the weight. I sometimes do the babybel in the middle.

I like cottage cheese generally... I've been known to eat it out of the tub 😂 I just thought the Mac n cheese was better with yogurt, which saves me buying another ingredient.

The ex only got in touch back in November. I've been doing everything alone since part way through the pregnancy. He used to get in touch intermittently, but he seemed different this time, like he was going to stay consistent, and he has been doing. See, I said it was complicated. We're keeping things as simple as we can for now. We both know we like each other, neither of us want anyone else, but we're far away from each other, he's finally building some kind of life for himself and a career and I have worked hard to build a life and stability for our son which I am not prepared to give up.

Back