Slimming Down

Thanks Suzy.

Had extra snuggles with my boy in bed today. So lovely.
Swim suit on ready so after dropping off the boy and unlocking work I can go straight to the pool and swim.
I'm thinking of chucking out last night's leftovers. It goes against every fibre of my being... I might cute them up and add some extra stuff to Hodge together a curry for a lunch. I made some jelly this morning and I have my fruit and yogurt ready.
Had a peek at the scales... Down 2.5lbs from this Monday. That's 11.5 in total, except scale peeks don't count, I only count what it says on Monday. Either way it's super positive. My mini goal was to lose 1st by may 25th, then I set 10lbs for the May challenge, which if I achieve would be 1st5lbs. Anyway, enough about numbers!
Swim, shop, pick up meds, vacuum my room and some sewing!

Thanks upndown I'll check it out! I make burgers slimming world way ever since I first joined and lost the weight. I sometimes do the babybel in the middle.

I like cottage cheese generally... I've been known to eat it out of the tub 😂 I just thought the Mac n cheese was better with yogurt, which saves me buying another ingredient.

The ex only got in touch back in November. I've been doing everything alone since part way through the pregnancy. He used to get in touch intermittently, but he seemed different this time, like he was going to stay consistent, and he has been doing. See, I said it was complicated. We're keeping things as simple as we can for now. We both know we like each other, neither of us want anyone else, but we're far away from each other, he's finally building some kind of life for himself and a career and I have worked hard to build a life and stability for our son which I am not prepared to give up.

Ooh I remember the cheese-in-the middle recipe now - must do that soon - I wish I liked cottage cheese - I'll only eat it cooked in recipe!

Glad things are improving with your ex - how old is your son?

Miserable weather again today hope it's better with you.

Thanks Suzy.

Had extra snuggles with my boy in bed today. So lovely.
Swim suit on ready so after dropping off the boy and unlocking work I can go straight to the pool and swim.
I'm thinking of chucking out last night's leftovers. It goes against every fibre of my being... I might cute them up and add some extra stuff to Hodge together a curry for a lunch. I made some jelly this morning and I have my fruit and yogurt ready.
Had a peek at the scales... Down 2.5lbs from this Monday. That's 11.5 in total, except scale peeks don't count, I only count what it says on Monday. Either way it's super positive. My mini goal was to lose 1st by may 25th, then I set 10lbs for the May challenge, which if I achieve would be 1st5lbs. Anyway, enough about numbers!
Swim, shop, pick up meds, vacuum my room and some sewing!

I don't like wasting food either esp if I cooked it from scratch! SF jelly is so handy and feels like a treat when I have it after my main meal.

Scales are looking good - here's hoping we all achieve our losses on the challenge - I think they help us to stay on track although had a poor April :(

Busy day you have planned!

My son is 7 (and one month).

My neighbour knocked earlier to ask if I could take her into town to get some shopping so I've done my good deed for the day 😊 blinking pharmacy gave me my inhaler, but not my meds, so I went back in and got my meds and a second inhaler 😂 they're not very organised there!!!

Had the last of the Mac n cheese and salad for lunch (hea) followed by grapes.

Ah that's a lovely age! Well done on your good deed but boo to the pharmacy!

It's ok, I got everything I needed and I got to mock them. Mocking is always fun.

Just snaffled tea. Was so good. I ate so fast.

Burger (5% mince, onion, garlic powder, salt, mixed herbs, tomato puree), wholemeal roll (HEB+0.5 syns), gherkin, 0.5 syn mayo, 2.5 syn cheese, SW chips, salad (mixed leaves, cherry tomatoes, roasted pepper, cucumber)

Used half a syn of milk earlier so on 4 for the day so far.

I made the leftover stuffed veg into a curry for lunch tomorrow. Tomorrow's plan is:
Breakfast: breakfast burrito (making wrap from egg)
Work (will bring fruit)
Lunch: curry (3 syns)
Swim (if I can fit it in and I need to pick up mozerella that I forgot)
Pick up son from cross country
Dinner: balsamic caprese chicken with pasta (hea)
Cry because I have an unused HEB and no hifi bars as I don't go to group and neither does mum anymore 😭🤣

Just having a think for what to use some syns on today and wondering if to prepare some fruit salad tonight or if the fridge is a bit full.

Low syns today/ yummy food and a lovely plan for 2moro!

Last edited:
Thanks upndown. I had another half syn of milk so ended yesterday on 4.5 syns. I went to bed early last night. Just feeling a bit tired and wanted to snuggle up in bed. I was a bit hungry, but because I was going to go to bed I didn't want to eat anything else I'd not sleep.

This morning's breakfast was epic!
Wrap made from egg
Spinach
Bacon medallions (cut up)
Burtolli beans (they were in the cupboard) with cumin, paprika and garlic powder
0% greek natural yogurt
Salsa made from a tomato, spring onion, coriander and lime juice

They were so full I left them open and ate with a knife and fork. I prepared the beans and salsa last night so it was just heating the beans, grilling bacon, beating the eggs and making the wraps.

Guess what fool didn't register it was me made may. Lol. Wearing a handmade a line skirt today! Phew! To be fair I wear my handmade clothes regularly anyway.

Attachments

• IMG_20180503_082101089.jpg
    IMG_20180503_082101089.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 6
This is the old photo of me on here (under the name franalamadingdong) when I'd lost about 5 stone I think.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130201_235341.png
    ForumRunner_20130201_235341.png
    274.3 KB · Views: 11
Looking good - keep going and you'll be taking another pic just like that before too long!

Did predictive text take over here? :classic_err_what: Guess what fool didn't register it was me made may.

Thanks.

No. Haha, me made May is a sewing thing whereby you wear an item of clothing you have made each day in May. My brain did not register when we entered May!

Hee Hee - I was a bit slow on the uptake there :classic_roll_eyes: if I had to participate in that I'd be going around starkers - not a pretty sight! I used to make lots of clothes but not these days! Good on you for doing so - it's a soothing hobby I think with lots of options and an all original designer wardrobe!!

Hahaha! It might still be a bit chilly for that!

I sew quilts and bags and all sorts of things and always avoided clothes thinking "when I'm slimmer" but the last year or so I decided screw it and I've quite a few pieces that I wear regularly. Hoping I can fit in (and look nice in) a beautiful shift dress I made last year by the end of this month. I have quite a bit of fabric waiting to be made up (whoops), but I want to finish this quilt top first and a mini quilt from it's offcuts. That way I can sit on my bum and quilt watching TV on an evening and see something different on my machine in the day. I do love an a line skirt and I never see them in shops. I have some cool blue and white ikat stuff, this amazing, intense fabric that I will show later that could be a fabulous dress if I was brave and this completely wonderous Frida kahlo fabric that will be a skirt, probably a line as I need nothing to make my hips bigger! 🤣

I've had a banana, apple and satsuma at work today and looking forward to getting home to lunch!

Reading everyone else's diaries I do seem to eat a lot more than everyone else... Oh well. Home for lunch, quick dog walk, off swimming, pick up son (with dog), make tea, stuff face. Thankfully mum and dad dropped off some mozerella and my other measuring jug with the dog and took my opal and diamond ring to see if the jewellery designer that's taking apart a load of mum's jewellery can make either earrings or a pendant for me with my ring (and maybe some of mum's leftovers 😂). I hate having things on my hands (rings, bracelets, watches) probably because I do so much with my hands and I feel these things get in my way and restrict movement and how things feel. I sew, knit, do calligraphy etc all tactile things using my hands

Period arrived (first one after getting my coil fitted last week) so no swimming for me today. I might take the dog for a longer walk in the sunshine instead. I have a slight periody ache on one side, but not as bad as usual.

Tea was balsamic caprese chicken with pasta, spinach and broccoli. hea of light mozerella, red onion, garlic, peppers, cherry tomatoes, balsamic vinegar, 2 syns of pomegranate molasses and 1 syn of wholegrain mustard. I used 1/4 of this sauce, so call it 1 syn.

I have my HEB to use still and up to 24 syns! Good job as I am hungry! I just have to shift my arse!

The ex called to talk to our son while I was in a towel 🤣 FFS!

Attachments

• IMG_20180503_174359282.jpg
    IMG_20180503_174359282.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 4
Gosh you're busy with your handiwork - I'm pear shaped and love Aline skirts too - as you say you don't often see them in the shops - when I do I grab them! Your jewellery ideas sound interesting too,

Glad the coil is suiting you.

I wouldn't worry about the amount you eat whilst you're losing so well - I find if I cut my food too much at the beginning of a diet - it's a struggle to reduce it further when we've been on the diet for a while. Keep up the good work!

Thanks upndown. I'm not really bothered by how much I eat on slimming world, I've done it before and I laughed then how much more that I ate than everyone else in group. I've been a bit lazy with using my syns so far this week so I will make an effort to eat more of them over the next few days.

The earrings aren't being made from my ring now. I'm getting platinum diamond earrings from mum's leftovers.... Not that I'm complaining!!!!

Wearing handmade cami top and handmade skirt today.

My period is so light I don't even think I'd need any sanitary wear! This is completely new for me! Apparently it should also help my PMS 😊

Breakfast was the same as yesterday. Soooo good.
Bringing fruit supplies for at work
Lunch will be leftovers from tea last night, but I think I'm going to add a tin of tomatoes or something because the balsamic is a bit much really and needs mellowing out... Would yogurt split? I think so.
Tea is seafood risotto and I'll be using some chorizo (get in syns!)

Glad your coil's working and about the earrings.

Yes I think the tomatoes could well split the yogurt - better to use toms. Tea sounds tasty - hope your day goes well.

Back