Extra Easy Slimming world after a number of crazy low calorie diets/3 day diet ect

Hello everyone!!

Was wondering if anyone can give me any advise sorry this is going to seem like a essay I’m a worrier and been having a nightmare with diets latley!!

Basically I have always been WW girl for years November to January this year I gained a stone taking me to my heaviest which got me really down I set it my target to get down to my “normal happy medium weight” of around 10st 4lb…I got really obsessed weighing myself every day sometimes a night as well and it seemed to take forever for it to come off considering how hard I was trying/exercising… I was doing my own version of the WW plan were I would eat only 18-22 points a day (rather then the 26) then eat what I pretty much liked in moderation on the weekend…along the way I have done daft things like if I knew I wasn’t going to get the result I wanted on my Friday weigh in (the day I said was my actual weekly result) I would sometimes skip my evening meal! IDIOT I know! I managed to get to like 10st 8lb two weeks ago and then last week from Wednesday-Friday I did the “3 day chemical deit” the one were you have random things like 1 scoop vanilla ice cream, cup tuna, cup broccoli, and can only have black coffee ect…over the 3 days I lost 4lb when I weighed Friday morning weighed again Sunday morning had put on 6lb!!!! really shocked in space of two days gained that much never gain that much in short amount of time obviously im aware a lot of it will have been water weight so from Sunday I decided enough im not weighing myself every day just 1nce weekly and im doing slimming world because quite frankly was fed up of been hungry all time and thinking about food, im just worried now that come Saturday my weigh in results are either going to be really bad because I have ate lots on weekend then not dropped to hardly eating through week! Or I’m thinking may it go the other way and I actually lose something because it was a lot of water weight my body is doing a diet its not use too?? Just want to know every ones experiences when going from low calorie to slimming world ??

Thanks in advance

xxxxx

Hi ya

I can't give you much advise regarding changing from low calorie diet to SW, but what I can tell you is that you are experiencing the dreaded yo-yo effect. There is no quick fix in weight loss. If you deprive your body doing them "rapid diets", it'll go into starvation mode and you'll put on even more when your calorie intake increases again. For example that diet with all the black coffee! Coffee is a potent diuretic and your "loss" was water, not fat tissue. Compare your body to a car, without sufficient and appropriate fuel it cannot function. SW isn't a classic diet, more a programme to engage you in making healthy choices you can easily embed into your daily routine. And: I can honestly say I've never been hungry on SW. But, if you follow the SW plan 100%, you will lose weight.
Have a talk with a SW group consultant, there is also a great deal of info and support on this website.
Good luck with your choices xx

Did you mean for your posting to come up in pale pink type? Obviously Hexe could read it as they have replied, but I can't read it at all. Not sure if it is my eyesight or my computer! Maybe I'm the only one?

Going from a very low calorie diet to eating SW style, would vary from person to person, as with everything!
Some may have a small gain in their first week, but some do lose weight.
But it's not really the first week that counts - while you are re-adjusting to eating properly - it's the weeks after that really matter, because if you continue with the plan, then you will start losing weight.
You just have to be prepared for a possibility of a gain, and to be ok with it, knowing that if you continue to get back into good eating habits, you will start to lose weight healthily. xx

Originally Posted by AnnaFaraday Did you mean for your posting to come up in pale pink type? Obviously Hexe could read it as they have replied, but I can't read it at all. Not sure if it is my eyesight or my computer! Maybe I'm the only one?

I was going to read it but it's a bad colour to use as it is hard to read so I gave up.I was going to read it but it's a bad colour to use as it is hard to read so I gave up.

I used the Force LOL no, I'm not Yoda :D

Hello everyone!!

Was wondering if anyone can give me any advise sorry this is going to seem like a essay I’m a worrier and been having a nightmare with diets latley!!

Basically I have always been WW girl for years November to January this year I gained a stone taking me to my heaviest which got me really down I set it my target to get down to my “normal happy medium weight” of around 10st 4lb…I got really obsessed weighing myself every day sometimes a night as well and it seemed to take forever for it to come off considering how hard I was trying/exercising… I was doing my own version of the WW plan were I would eat only 18-22 points a day (rather then the 26) then eat what I pretty much liked in moderation on the weekend…along the way I have done daft things like if I knew I wasn’t going to get the result I wanted on my Friday weigh in (the day I said was my actual weekly result) I would sometimes skip my evening meal! IDIOT I know! I managed to get to like 10st 8lb two weeks ago and then last week from Wednesday-Friday I did the “3 day chemical deit” the one were you have random things like 1 scoop vanilla ice cream, cup tuna, cup broccoli, and can only have black coffee ect…over the 3 days I lost 4lb when I weighed Friday morning weighed again Sunday morning had put on 6lb!!!! really shocked in space of two days gained that much never gain that much in short amount of time obviously im aware a lot of it will have been water weight so from Sunday I decided enough im not weighing myself every day just 1nce weekly and im doing slimming world because quite frankly was fed up of been hungry all time and thinking about food, im just worried now that come Saturday my weigh in results are either going to be really bad because I have ate lots on weekend then not dropped to hardly eating through week! Or I’m thinking may it go the other way and I actually lose something because it was a lot of water weight my body is doing a diet its not use too?? Just want to know every ones experiences when going from low calorie to slimming world ??

Thanks in advance
xxxxx

I'm sorry I really don't mean to be rude, but I think your poor body doesn't know what's going on at the moment to be honest. You've gone from a potted version of WW (not eating enough in the week and then eating what you want at weekends) to then starving yourself for days.

Like the others I can't really comment on what's going to happen first week, although I do suspect you may gain due to your body having gone into starvation mode. What I can say is SW really does work, I'm pleased to hear you've decided to give it a go but please give it a fair trial. It is a sensible eating plan, that followed correctly will allow you to lose weight at a steady sensible rate. Please don't fall into the trap you did before of trying to "cheat the system" and think you can cut back all week and eat whatever at the weekend as it really won't work. (It's true some people do save some syns to have a treat at the weekend though).

I'm also pleased to hear you've decided not to weigh yourself constantly and agree that a weekly weigh is a good approach to adopt. Maybe you could set yourself a mini-goal of a month and see what the outcome is rather than waiting to see what happens the first week. I'm sure you will be very happy with how much you can eat on this plan and still enjoy a good weight loss. I wish you all the very best of luck on your SW journey :)

sorry for the pink writting i did mean to do it but it looked darker when i wrote!! i appriciate all replies...think im going to aftet nock it on the chin i will gain this week am upset becuase i go on holiday thursday and my stomach is HUGE bloated massive :'( its like i have worked so hard for 5 months solid and am going on holiday look like i have been attacked by jelly fish hahaha!!...did anyone else exsperince bloating in first week of SW? xx

Yes, possibly even the first couple of weeks but it does settle down.

I hope you are going somewhere great and have a brilliant holiday. Enjoy yourself and relax, that's what holidays are for :)

thanks you very much what a lovley forum...when i use to go on WW website it was so catty you couldnt put anything without people been mean!

cheers again :)
xx

Back