slimming world and xenical

claychick

hi everyone
im trying to stick to the slimming world plan and i have also started taking xenical. just wondered if this is a good combo as a lot of people are just doing a really low fat diet with the xenical.

i think the slimming world (mainly green days) are low in fat but not sure, i am checking the fat contents of things.

but i mainly just eat:

poached egg,beans and brown bread for breakfast

low fat pasta meal or quorn mince / salaad for lunch

and then jacket potatoe , beans, reduced fat cheese /salaad for dinner

snacks i have fruit and veg, few rich tea biscuits , low fat yogurts etc

this is my first proper week of me dieiting. i did start 3 weeks ago but totally messed it up with snacking but i did loose 1 lonley pound lol :p

just hope it shifts as im soo heavy, 360 pounds aint good. and my sciatica is killing me.

im too embarrassed to exercise, but i dont mind swimming and try and do this twice a week.

anyone else doing slimming world and xenical/orlistat.

sorry i babbled lol

Welcome :D and don't worry about babbling - my introduction was about 5 times a long as yours!

As far as Slimming World goes, yes it can work with Xenical but you just have to be careful about what you use your syns on, and remember that not EVERYTHING you can have on Slimming World will be within the Xenical rules.
Take eggs, for example - they're free on slimming world, but they're outside of the rules for Xenical. Low fat cheeses can be a bit hit-and-miss as well, there are VERY few of them that fall within 5g fat per 100g (have a look at the stickys at the top of the page if you don't know about the 'rules')
Green days would probably work best with Xenical, but as long as you don't mind doing a bit of label-checking at the start, there's no reason to stop doing slimming world.

Well I'd better go - I've got something in the oven, but keep posting and if you've got any more questions then ask away!

:D

Hi im new to this and just started taking xenical to and was wondering the same thing as planning on doing slimming world, so its great to find out all this information on this site :)

Hi ladies :) I've been on slimming world for 8 weeks almost, and have just picked up my prescription for xenical. I follow extra easy so will keep doing that and see how I go....after reading the after effects I'm a little scared lmao :/

Hiya

have started on xenical and am following the extra easy plan. Am abit confused as cos somethings contradict with the extra easy plan as far as the amount of fat you can consume. So i have decided to just follow the extra easy plan and just use xenical whenever i have meals with high fat content such as eggs etc

I do sw and have done all the way through I pay no attention to xen rules just follow sw! The only thing I've found to react is eggs - so I've just cut them out! It's boosted my losses a fair amount!!

Good luck everyone xx

Hiya

have started on xenical and am following the extra easy plan. Am abit confused as cos somethings contradict with the extra easy plan as far as the amount of fat you can consume. So i have decided to just follow the extra easy plan and just use xenical whenever i have meals with high fat content such as eggs etc

I personally wouldnt advise this, as Xenical has bad side effects on high fat intake, you need to take it on the opposite on a low fat meal. Eggs and Cheese are the worst culprits in my opinion. You will be on the toilet for a while....

Everyone is different. I don't have any reaction at all to eggs . I can even eat a sliver of cheese if I fancy it but not a lot. For me the worst culprit has been pork. You just need to try things and make a note of what works for you

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

SW works well with Xenical, but you do need to pay attention to the fat, but also the other way too, eating too low fat and the Xenical won't play much of a part in the weight loss as the Xenical only works with fat.

There have been people that have done SW and WW while taking Xenical and they've been taken off the Xenical as there was little change as they were naturally eating low fat.

Kirsty does SW and she works well with it, this is because she knows her limitations and what her body does and doesn't look, you need to find out what you can safely eat, without causing effects and the only way you're going to find out is through trial and error.

Fish like salmon, mainly the oily fish, eggs and cheese can cause issues, but also pork and duck, salad dressings and sauce too, but this isn't for everyone though and we're all different, some people can't tolerate baked beans with Xenical, so take it steady, keeping a note of what you're eating and see how you go :)

Back