Slimming World chips

Discussion in 'Slimming World Recipes' started by AliB, 15 October 2010 Social URL.

1. AliB

AliB Member

Diet:
    Slimming World Extra Easy plan
    Hi there, I am following EE plan and living in Turkey so no consultant for me to bombard with questions......

Does anyone know if you can prepare a huge batch of chips, par boil them and then cool them and freeze them?? And if so, cook from frozen in fry-light or defrost first?

Thanks in advance :)

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Lovely_Laura

Lovely_Laura Moooooo

Start Weight:
    33st0lb
    Current Weight:
    21st13.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    15st0lb
    Lost(%):
    11st0.5lb(33.44%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Yes you can. I did this a while ago. It helps to have a large freezer so you can lay them out to freeze or they'll end up stuck together though a bit of chipping away and they came apart no problem. I cooked them from frozen as you would normal frozen chips with some fry light.

I don't think they're quite as nice but tasty still the same.

4. Sparky67

Sparky67 Full Member

Start Weight:
    19st5lb
    Current Weight:
    15st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st11lb
    Lost(%):
    3st8lb(18.45%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I have never done it, but I did work with someone who used to prepare their own oven chips just like this, the SW way, just because they didn't like using the shop ones, not because they were following SW.

5. AliB

AliB Member

Diet:
    Slimming World Extra Easy plan
    Thankyou both, will give it a try.
    I LOVE slimming world chips :)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.