Slimming world chips!

Had them for the first time last night, the rest of the familynhad frozen chips, hubby made them, sw were the nicest!

Chips...Hideous

Ive never had any success with these, in the books they look gorgeous in real life they are hideous, Ive decided also to stick to a baked potato in future :(

My first attempt they were undercooked. My second attempt I overcooked them and they were mush in the pan. My third attempt... perfect!

I took the advice from other members on this thread and cut them into chip shapes, popped in the microwave for 5 minutes, spread them out on a tin foil lined baking tray, sprayed with frylight and cooked at 200C for about 20 mins. Perfect!

Will definitely be doing them in the microwave in future. Less washing up too! :D

i find these work better as chunky chips or wedges rather than thin ones, and the microwave is much better than par boiling also :) x

That's the beauty of the Actifry! Just slice the potatoes up, spray with oil and switch the machine on... 30-35 mins later, when they are all crispy and golden, sprinkle with salt and vinegar.. my saviour!

I love them but they don't always turn out the best.. As other posts have said, it really does depend on the potato.. I didn't know though you could cook them in the microwave and have the same affect as par boiling them, are they not meant to be par boiled for a reason? I'm doing SW at home so had to ask.. It would be great if u could do it in microwave, save so much time lol

I love them but they don't always turn out the best.. As other posts have said, it really does depend on the potato.. I didn't know though you could cook them in the microwave and have the same affect as par boiling them, are they not meant to be par boiled for a reason? I'm doing SW at home so had to ask.. It would be great if u could do it in microwave, save so much time lol

Parboiling just softens the potato a bit before roasting it and therefore takes shorter time to cook and usually tastes better too. microwave works in exactly the same way but I find its far more accurate... parboiling, the potatoes were either not done enough or went all mushy!

Do you microwave them in water or just on a plate? X

I stab the potatoes a few times with a knife and just shove them in the microwave on a plate. I usually do 2 large baked potatoes for about 8 minutes. Then cut the potato into wedges, put on a baking tray with frylight/salt/pepper/paprika/spices of your choice for half an hour (turning half way) and they're perfect every time.

Chipmunk89 said:
Parboiling just softens the potato a bit before roasting it and therefore takes shorter time to cook and usually tastes better too. microwave works in exactly the same way but I find its far more accurate... parboiling, the potatoes were either not done enough or went all mushy!

Thank u.. Gonna try these tonight for tea so will let u know how I get on..

Its def trial & error with these girls mine were the same at the start :( now i peel maris piper spuds cut into chips and put in the microwave for 5 and a half minutes then spray the oven tray with frylight put the chips in & grind hot chilli over them then spray with more frylight. Shake half way through and they are delish :) x

I seem to have them down to a fine art now. I spray a roasting tin with frylight (or use 1tbsp olive oil) crumble a knorr chicken stock cube (veggie etc works too I just prefer the chicken one) peel and chip the potatoes, I've had best results with a crinkle chip cutter (£1 - £3 even online), toss the chips around in the knorr and frylight until coated (the wetness of the potato, frylight and knorr mix together) bake on 220 for 10 mins toss the chips again recoating, bake on until cooked and golden. I do my roast potatoes the same, the whole family love them and perfect chips every single time :)

Back