Slimming world chips!

My chips are always rubbish! Will give these tips a go!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I have always cut (usuall leave skin on) put on a plate micro ed for a few mins then straight in a hot oven sprayed with FL gorgeous )

Are you using a fan oven? I find if I use my top little not fan oven, it sweats the potatoes, but if I use my big fan oven ,it crisps them. It's quite good really ,as I have a new oven,and I'm a monkey for not using the big oven rarely, it's full of baking stuff! But now I have to use it for chips.

Bunnylush said:
Are you using a fan oven? I find if I use my top little not fan oven, it sweats the potatoes, but if I use my big fan oven ,it crisps them. It's quite good really ,as I have a new oven,and I'm a monkey for not using the big oven rarely, it's full of baking stuff! But now I have to use it for chips.

I don't have a fan oven and mine normally take about 40 mins, turning half way to be done nicely. My mum has a fan oven and when I cook them for her, hers are well done in 20 mins!

claire739 said:
That's how I did mine but they always went soggy!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Have you got them on a high heat? Because if they have been part cooked the inside is already soft so you can just crisp up the outside :)

Just made my first ever batch of SW chips! Was worried when people said it took a few times for them to come out right. I cut the chips, microwaved, sprayed fry light on the chip net thing, and fry light on the potatoes and added salt, pepper and sprinkled a veg stock cube on top. They were absolutely beautiful! OH loved them!! Here's a pic :)

Attachments

• image-2716757401.jpg
    image-2716757401.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 857
Felix said:
Just made my first ever batch of SW chips! Was worried when people said it took a few times for them to come out right. I cut the chips, microwaved, sprayed fry light on the chip net thing, and fry light on the potatoes and added salt, pepper and sprinkled a veg stock cube on top. They were absolutely beautiful! OH loved them!! Here's a pic :)

Yay :D they look good too :)

lollypop1985 said:
yes you can do them in your air fryer, i do mine in my actifry

Actifry ?

Well I can safely say... not worth all the effort! I followed the recipe to the BOOK! and they still were half mushy half burnt crappy things :mad:

I think I will stick to jacket potato next time :rolleyes:

ANyone else find them hard or is it just me the bad chef?!

I just made them, followed the recipe from the website to the letter too :mad: they came out half cooked, half burnt and the ones that were done evenly were tasteless and not soft and fluffy. :cry:lol. I dried them off as per direction and they even took longer than suggested too! I don't know what I did wrong. Not too bothered but it would have made a nice change.

OMG mine didn't turn out like that lol! ''chip net thing'' I take it you didn't do them in the oven :p but one of those actifry thingies? Too expensive to make chips on occasion lol.

Vegan*4*Life said:
OMG mine didn't turn out like that lol! ''chip net thing'' I take it you didn't do them in the oven :p but one of those actifry thingies? Too expensive to make chips on occasion lol.

The chip net goes in the oven :)

Back