Slimming world chips

Jodykins

I have made these before with my fry lite and they come out edible but when people post pictures of theirs they always look better!!! Tomorrow I plan on having eggs beans and chips. I usually: peel and chop potatoes, bring them to the boil, shake up in dry pan then put in a preheated oven until they look ready. By reading the instructions the only thing I can see that's different to what I am doing is after bringing them to the boil it says to leave them for 10minutes to dry. Would this make a difference? Where am I going wrong?!

When I made mine I boiled the water, then put the chips in for 4 Mins. Took them out put them on kitchen roll to dry for 10 Mins. Then put them in to the pan, lid on and shake. Then spray baking tray with frylight chips on, more frylight on top, mixed herbs, oven Gas 7/8 for 20 mins ish and Bang, Amazing chips !!!!!

I boils mine for a little (not sure how long) spray with frylight and sprinkle with Nando's chip sprinkle and bung them in the oven :)

Once I've cut mine up I put them in a bowl of cold water and put in the microwave for 10 minutes ( 850 w) I them throw them in a colander shake and put on a baking tray, spray with lots of fry light, salt and pepper. Cook them on 200 for about 35 minutes. Turn half way through and add more fry light.

I don't boil or microwave mine. I simply chop up the chips and place them in a bowl. Spray with plenty of frylight and a sprinkling of salt, garlic and chilli flakes and some smoked paprika, shaking the bowl from time to time so that all of the chips are coated. Place on a lined baking tray and into the oven on 250. Place on the top shelf for about 30 minutes, turning half way through.

They go golden and crispy on the outside but lovely and fluffy inside. Yum!

So many different ways to do SW chips. I'm new to making these and I'm finding it's trial and error. I don't seem to have the nack at the moment though lol.

We had a cover consultant at group last night, and she told us about an idea some of her members have tried. They make SW chips in a toaster bag!! Sounds bizarre, but she showed me a pic and they looked lovely.

Basically they par-boiled the potatoes, roughen them up in the pan as usual. Pop in the toaster bag with FryLight and Aromat and have the toaster on a "normal" setting. Then you just push them down and wait for them to pop up. Repeat 4-5 times depending on your toaster.

Haven't tried them myself, but thought it may be worth a mention. Particularly if anybody is ever without a cooker, this method could come in handy.

I bought a mesh tray from Home Bargains. I never par boil them - chop them up sprinkle with salt and spray with fry light and cook in the oven on high heat. The mesh tray means I dont need to turn them over. much quicker and they taste lovely. Wedges come out even better!

I find that if you spray them with fry light a couple of times while they are cooking it helps to crispen them up. I also have one of the mesh tray things which are great. Means you don't have to try to turn the chips during cooking and they cook evenly all over. Think i got mine from a pound shop.

Back