Slimming world- cooking for one.

Suesp8o

Hi

I am starting this food diary as I am trying to get some focus back into my life. I have been following the slimming world plan since August 2010 but since December 2011 things have not been going so well.

My husband told me he wanted to separate, which took me completely by surprise. At first I was dealing with it very well but in the past few months, now that my life has settled down a bit, the emotions have started to get to me.

I have moved into a flat by myself and am now trying to follow the slimming world plan alone. My ex used to help me out a lot and he did a lot of the cooking following the slimming world recipes so I am finding it difficult adapting to not having him around to help.

I have to keep reminding myself that without slimming world I could of put on a lot of weight since December but with it I have only gained a few pounds. I am still disappointed as I was hoping to be at target by the start of summer. If I can re-focus then I might be there by the end of the summer.

I had put on 3lb's after a weekend away at a family wedding and had started last week with fresh determination. I tried lots of new recipes and cooked slimming world food all week. My downfall was snacking. I ending up binging on chocolate on wednesday. In the end only lost 1/2 lb which I'm annoyed with because I felt like I put so much effort in.

Now is the start of a new week and to try to motivate me I am going to post my food diary online.

So I'll be back soon with details on what I have eaten.

I have managed to have a good day and am feeling really good about it. Here is my food diary for the day;

Breakfast- Fruit & Fibre with milk and a pear (HEB & HEA)

Lunch- Homemade slimming world quiche with cous cous base and filled with bacon, celery, leeks, tomatoes

Dinner- Rump steak with mixed vegetables and spring greens and 2 tbsp light mayo (4 syns)
Mint mullerlight yogurt for dessert

Snacks- Apple, Carrots
Syns- Dairy milk chocos (I actually managed to not eat the whole packet and counted the amount I ate) (6 syns)
homemade egg and bacon muffin (2 syns)

Total of 12 syns

I am going to visit a friend tomorrow so won't have as much control but I am going to make the sensible choices and not lose control completely like I did when I went on holiday for the weekend a couple of weeks ago.

Hope I can keep this focus going all week.

I've been visiting a friend for the weekend and not been writing down or measuring what I've been eating.

I am going to start again in the morning and hope that I've not done too much damage over the past couple of days.

Back