Slimming World Copyright Clarification

yay thats cool x

SW said: We're more than happy for members to discuss personal favourite recipes and their Syn values

I think so long as you dont copy from their website it should be ok, if its a recipe youve made and are sharing then I cant see how thats copywright

sw said: we're more than happy for members to discuss personal favourite recipes and their syn values

i think so long as you dont copy from their website it should be ok, if its a recipe youve made and are sharing then i cant see how thats copywright

ok so if a personal fave of mine is say a curry i got out of a sw cook book its ok to share that?

Taz, thats a great example, all it requires is a little thought really, and we can continue as normal. Imagine if the sw site ran a feature on green day gems, IE.. "beans, they are must haves the weight will fall off"!!!! As long as we re say it as.. "have you heard about the power of beans? make sure you incorperate them into your menu for a great loss! we won't be breaking copyright laws surely?

I wish this subject hadn't been raised in the first place! It's all so complicated now and taken the fun out of the recipe section. I don't think I am going to continue posting recipe's. If anyone wants one from me, then I will be happy to give it to the "over a virtual coffee!"

Yeah it kinda makes me mad that this was all started by someone who seems to have disappeared now. We were all doing perfectly well before

Agreed - wonder what she is doing now! x

I read it that as long as you dont copy and paste from the website or scan things in from the books or type out whole pages then we are ok..

just carry on as before .. we was doin ok and think it was the tish stirrer that was copying stuff anyhoo!!!

:D

i think everyone just carry on as normal. the moderators are here to watch over us and they do pick up on copyright stuff. i cut and paste something about success express from the SW site a while back and it got removed and i had an email from a moderator explaining why. i hadn't realised we couldn't and apologised.

...so stop worrying and carry on posting - just don't cut and paste from the website! lol

Hi,

I haven't read every single post here BUT i have just paid almost £60 to join slimming world online and to be honest I am so disappointed with what I get for that money - I can't even find a SW forum and i need the support as well as the diet.

Anyway my way of thinking is that if i have paid rather a lot of money for three sets of information, one being a green days download, one being a red day download and the last a syn download then I am actually then owning that information because i bought it.

I am not sure how quoting a syn value is preventable - if i were to copy word for word SW's text then that would be different but mentioning a syn value for instance if it were to be raised in a question - the question not breaking any copyright issues, then a simple answer containing just the value can't be considered breach of copyright.

I am still trying to work out just what SW can offer me now that I have paid the almost £60 for the food lists???

Hmm well yep in that case I could see why that would be an issue with SW. Most people wouldn't even consider copyright when posting information though - i would have thought though that a forum like this one would be a massive advertiser of any slimming club and so a few dropped recipes really shouldn't be an issue to them - omg, how bad would it be if they thought they were loosing a buck or two....

Back