Extra Easy Slimming World - First Week Weight Gain! English girl living in Rome needing advice!

Hi there guys + gals,

I'm new to this forum as I need some advice regarding Slimming World.

I moved to Rome in April and have been struggling to lose and maintain weight. I have only just found a gym here that will take a non-Italian speaker and have found that I have gained almost a stone because of the diet here :(

I joined SW online as obviously, there are no classes here, as I am going back to London in 2 weeks to try wedding dresses and will be devestated if I cant lose any weight before then...

It was my first weigh in today and I had GAINED a lb, taking me to 10st 3lbs which (for me) is one of the heaviest weights I have been in a long time.

I cant figure out why this has happened...I am certain I followed the EE plan to the letter, and even kept a food diary for the week.

If anyone can help or has any advice, I'd really appreciate it!

Thanks all!

NIR

It is difficult to help without seeing a food diary. Can you post a typical day and we will try And help

Hi there! Thanks so much for the reply....below is 2 days from last week:

B - Scramble Eggs + toast x 2 (HE)
L - Ham Salad, light cheese slice (HE)
D - Steak, SW chips, tomatoes and courgettes
Snacks - plums + cherries
Syns - Special K Chewy Bar - 4.5 + extra slice of light cheese slice 2.5 = 7 syns

B - Apple + Orange segments, Special K bar (HE)
L - Ham Salad, light cheese slice (HE)
D - Roast Chicken wrapped in Ham, tomatoes, peas and lettuce
Snacks - Pineapple
Syns - Special K Bar - 4.5 syns

I hope that helps....I've been amazed at hoe hard diesting is here in Italy; I don't have access to the foods (MullerLights, extra lean beef mince for example) that I was familar with back in the UK. I know it sounds strange, but it's making dieting harder!

Thanks again for the help!

NIR xxx

Hi in can imagine its hard, I would say everything look ok but two thing jump out I think but am not 100% sure that the Special K chewy bars are mor like 6 syns. And believe it or not I think you would do with more syns they are there to be used and I always find that my weight loss is good when I allow myself to use them. Could it be time of the month related a lot of people put on just before for me it's in the middle of my cycle. Have a look at the slimming world abroad thread and see if anyone can help you with syn values here. Just checking as ell was your bread 2 slices form a 400g whole meal bread. Keep going and I am sure you will see a loss next week

Thanks ever so much, I have seen a lot of people say that weight loss is greater when you use all your Syns...I will aim to do so and also trying to have a Success Express week this week to see if that makes any difference. The TOTM could be something too...we are also having a heat wave here in Italy, so I'm drinking a LOT of water at the moment and wondering if it's anything to do with water retention. I was actually fortunate to find a 400g wholemeal loaf in the supermarket so I think that's ok but planning now to have very few carbs during my SE week to see if that helps.

Thanks again for the help; I'll keep you posted! xx

Don't be too downhearted - in my first week I only lost a pound. But the following week I lost four and the weight started dropping off after that. It's probably just taking time for you to get used to the plan. Plus there is a possibility that that the weight has come from the week before you started SW - I don't know about you but when I know I'm starting a diet, during the preceding couple of days there's quite a blowout lol! So before you assume you,ve done something wrong give it another week or two. Good luck and keep us posted how you get on.

That's actually very true! The week (ish) before I started (30th July) I was away with family celebrating my 30th...there was a lot of pasta, pizza and ALCOHOL! Eeek! Would it be possible to see an example of your food diary maybe? As I said in an earlier post, it's slightly harder in Italy as a lot of things aren't the same in the UK...finding things to have as Syns can be hard as they don't have, for example, a lot of the branded stuff we have back home that's easy to find the Syn value for! I've also been very slack on exercise as we've had a heatwave and the days have been 40 degrees! I'm starting the 30 Day Shred from tomorrow and getting a bike on Saturday so I can get out for some long rides :)

Thanks a ton for you words of encouragement! I'll keep you posted! xxx

Back