Extra Easy Slimming World From Home Help

June1972

Hi Everyone.

Im just starting slimming world from home, as I can't attend the evening classes. And I don't think they do day time classes round here. :sigh:

Starting on the Extra Easy one, and wondered how many syns are you allowed to start with on this? Any help appriciated.:)

Kind Regards, June

Hi June,

You are allowed 15 syns

Its 5-15 syns per day, but this uber useful thread should help and answer all your questions. Please try browsing the site - there are so many answers in here already, and there is also a brilliant search facility to help you find what you are looking for.

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-wo...d-advice-new-comers-including-extra-easy.html

You say you dont think there's a group near you that does daytime sessions - have you tried the post code search on the official Slimming World website? I really think the group helps and even if you cant commit to a weekly group, it could even be worth signing up to the first week, getting the books and the new member talk, and even member access to the website for the first couple of weeks (it will expire if you stop going to group though). Its only around a tenner to join and get your first weeks class - you can pay more than that for 2nd hand books off ebay!

Thank You

Thanks for those. I have tried the postcode group finder, but seems like its all evening classes around here. You think at least one of the 5 classes would have been during the day.

Many Thanks again.

June :)

Most classes are in the evening because that is when most people are free to attend. Also, many consultants also have a day job.

I know someone who started a daytime class, and it is quite successful, but she doesn't get as many people attending as for her evening classes.

I do a daytime class because I can't get out in the evenings (don't like driving at night!). It's quite a small group, about 20 people usually but I prefer that as I don't particularly like lots of people around me.

If I couldn't go to a daytime group I'd definitely go to one evening one to get the books and new member talk - it's a tenner well spent.

Denise

You say that the "five" classes are all evening...have you tried selecting morning or evening from the dropdown? Or a specific day that you're free.

For me, there's only two days a week that I could go to class, and I wanted a daytime rather than evening class. So I selected "XDay" and "morning" then "evening" (and the same for "ZDay" and it brought up a few classes.

The one I go to is theoretically quite a way from me, but if you go on all the little roads through a "barratt shoebox estate" (that still isn't on all maps and definitely not on my old sat nav!) it only takes ten minutes. If you go the way they say, it's at least 40, because you have to go into town and out again.

June, if you can't go to class (for me I didn't want to go to class to start with but have been considering it now) consider doing Body Optimise online. It costs about the same (about £5 per week) and provides you with most of the same online access (just labelled and laid out a bit differently). It has a syns calculator online and lost of info including loads of recipes and tips for managing certain situations (eg eating out etc etc). I think it's quite good.

The thing that has really helped me (and I never would have predicted that but in retrospect I can understand why) is the prompt to weigh in. Even though I weigh regularly during the week, I really look forward to and focus on my weigh in and I'm truly honest about it when I step on the scales that day. It keeps track of your progress online as well.

I know I have a fair way to go but considering my progress, I consider every penny well spent !!

Good luck in whatever you decide.

Gail x

Hi June,

I have been doing Slimming World from home for the last couple of weeks and have found that the help I get on here with recipe ideas and helpful hints make it easy. I lost 3lb in my first week (and had one day off for a works party :rolleyes:)

I too am doing ExtraEasy and think it's great as I havent changed that much about what I have been doing.

If you dont want to attend the classes because you can't make it, like me, I just get weighed on the same day every week like I am doing the classes.

Hope this helps!

Sarah :)

There are a lot of people on here doing it from home, (me included, I do it online with bodyoptimise) and there is so much information in these boards, you shouldn't have any problems at all!

I can see why going to a group would help some people, but I don't think that it is defining thing about the plan - it definitely can be done without the group - just look at the success some of the people on here have had following SW at home!

I assume you get the "shiny stickers" on line! You still get them when you go to group "on line" when you input your weight. I go to group but it's good that they also show up on line to show your OH!lol!

You don't get a 'shiny sticker' ! but you get a rosette (as you see here) when you reach the milestones. No SOTW or SOTM though.

Gail x

Back