Slimming World goes Digital...

GymClassHero

Silver Member
Hi All,

Have any of your groups gone 'digital' with the new swipe cards?

My consultant has said our group will be getting our cards in 2 week and we have all filled our forms etc in.

It sounds like it will be much more quicker and efficient when its in place.

Anyone experienced this yet?

we are going digital on thursday week. i help out am getting training on thursday

The cards with the pins that you put into the machines? Had them for ages at our group.

She said they are swipe cards that you enter into the laptop and then into the scales so it digitally records your weight.

We have those, think they are more trouble than they're worth. The lady who we pay as we go in is a bit of a technophobe, she isn't too bad if you just have to pay but if someone wants to book a holiday or if we have a visiting member then you can be waiting for ages.

Also it never gets SotW right, I don't think it has got it right the whole time I've been going. The real slimmer of the week has to shout out how much weight they've lost so they can win.

yeah i have been digital since i started slimming world so no diffs for me. xxx

We've only just got electricity here!:8855:

our group has them (never know different tbh) but she does seem to struggle and takes AGES just to go through the weight losses/gains (teehee) and then class ends :-( bit pants if I am honest!

but I have you lot :)

We've been on it for ages, we were one of the first groups to do so.
It's great when it works but a pain in the backside when it doesn't!!

It's easier for us weigh ladies, we put the card in the PDA, it records the weight, tells me if there are any awards to give, the weeks loss, total loss etc. All we do is write the weight in your book, that's it! No more bits of paper.

The money lady has a reader attached to the laptop, yes it takes a minute or so to book holidays and if you don't inform of holidays in advance then you will be charged, but the main benefit is for consultants. We don't get to hear about this! They have a lot less paperwork to do and when they hook the laptop up to the SW system it knows money taken, class losses, class numbers etc etc.

They wouldn't have spent all that money on laptops, new scales, pda's, card readers etc if there wasn't a benefit!!

Saying that, when the system crashes it's a pain and in the early days the consultant was always on the phone to the helpline! Just bare with it :)

We use it and i find it fine. It's easy (especially with a countdown) mostly but if you forget your card it seems a bit of a palava! Be interested to see what happens when i'm on holiday for 4 weeks (pre booked) and then have to go to a different class when i get back as i arrive on a Weds evening and my class is Wed morning.

Back