Slimming World Green & Red FAQ 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very helpful thead thanks!

i was mortified to find out that if you start eating part of a HE-a or b and don't have it all by the end of the day what you have eaten must be counted as a syn??!!
still going at the EE(4 weeks now) and maintaining.this week was my star week and the first time i'd had only up to 10 syns so this coming week will be my final on EE if i havn't lost.
has anyone else encountered this with EE.i love this plan as it's so close to healthy eating and achievable through life,i don't really want to go back to red or green.any advice anyone??please??

i was mortified to find out that if you start eating part of a HE-a or b and don't have it all by the end of the day what you have eaten must be counted as a syn??!!

I've heard this as well, and there seems to be mixed responses from consultants, but the general feel is that you can have half and half as long as it adds up, if you see what I mean!

So 1 piece of wholemeal bread from a 400g loaf and 1 Alpen light bar would equal 1 B choice. This is what I do anyway! Best to check with your consultant, but if doing this doesn't affect your loss then carry on, if it does then change it.

However, if you are only have 1 Alpen light for example, and nothing else to make up the B choice then you would have to syn it as you aren't getting enough fibre to justify the calories.

still going at the EE(4 weeks now) and maintaining.this week was my star week and the first time i'd had only up to 10 syns so this coming week will be my final on EE if i havn't lost.
has anyone else encountered this with EE.

Do you have a food diary we can have a nose at to see where you might be having trouble? Don't fall into the trap of thinking eating less will help - it wont!

I've heard this as well, and there seems to be mixed responses from consultants, but the general feel is that you can have half and half as long as it adds up, if you see what I mean!

So 1 piece of wholemeal bread from a 400g loaf and 1 Alpen light bar would equal 1 B choice. This is what I do anyway! Best to check with your consultant, but if doing this doesn't affect your loss then carry on, if it does then change it.

However, if you are only have 1 Alpen light for example, and nothing else to make up the B choice then you would have to syn it as you aren't getting enough fibre to justify the calories.

Do you have a food diary we can have a nose at to see where you might be having trouble? Don't fall into the trap of thinking eating less will help - it wont!

Wow thanks for this as I did not know that...will make sure I have the whole Hex a or b...

thanks for all the helpful posts. Some of you are definitely better than consultants for explaining things clearly

Thanks so much for this post! Really helpful stuff, I had no idea about the healthy extra/count as a syn stuff, I usually struggle to use my healthy extra's - I'm trying Extra Easy this week however which with only two healthy extras should be better to cope with.

Knowing that I should eat more syns is lovely to know. I do have a habit of saving up my syns for alcohol usage at the weekends, I'm going to try to curb this and see what happens as I put on one and a half pounds this week :grumble:

Thanks again!

Hi
thanks for the info :)
I did SW years ago but have forgotten so much. I've recently moved to Abu Dhabi and the constant eating out and inactive life style is taking its toll. New to the site so not really sure where to ask but do you know of any groups out of the UK? (or were I can find out?)
am now going to surf ebay to see if can find latest books as official website seems a bit pricy!
tanks again
barb :)

i have a question how do i post the awards on here, i see some of you have yours near your siggies and to be honest i want mine:flirt2:

I think you can just copy them from someone else or from the SW members section of the website and then paste them into your signature :)

ok ok trying to get my head round all this malarky. now if im doing a red day am i only allowed 28g of brown rice or do i have to syn it?:confused:

and on a red day - ALL meat is free??

Not all meat is free. Most meat is, I personally don't follow the Red plan so don't have the exacts, but most lean meat, poultry and fish is free on Red. Yes you can have brown rice as a HEx B or you can syn it. Your book will have all the details.

Thanks for this its starting make more sense for when i finally start SW (next tuesday i hope !!!!). I have also repped you although i cant find the thank you button it doesnt always show up for me i think :S

Lizzie xxx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back