Slimming World haven't thought this through!

cherrybobs

I picked up the latest SW magazine at group on Tuesday and one of the recipes that looks really nice is 'Southern-style chicken with lemon-pepper wedges and slaw'. I'm meal planning for the weekend so was looking at making this. Just one problem - the recipe (which serves 4) uses 10g of tortilla chips. The smallest single bag of Doritos is 40g. What's going to happen to the rest of the chips in the house of someone who is overweight? I'm certainly not in this position because I have amazing self-restraint around unhealthy food! If I make it for just me, I'd have to count the 2 syns for the recipe, plus the 9.5 syns for the rest of the chips :(

Anyway, grumble over. Maybe avoid that recipe though!

Throw them away? Put them out for the birds?

Are they an essential part of the recipe? You could just leave them out

Last edited:
I suppose SW can't bypass a great sounding recipe like that just because of some peoples lack of will power! ;) For me, it would depend on what mood I was in, I would be able to avoid eating the remainder of the pack if I was in the right frame of mind.
PersonallyI would use the whole pack in the dish instead of the piddly 10g and share the syns. I mean 10g!! It cant be worth putting so little in can it???

I wouldn't be able to do it either haha xx

I picked up the latest SW magazine at group on Tuesday and one of the recipes that looks really nice is 'Southern-style chicken with lemon-pepper wedges and slaw'. I'm meal planning for the weekend so was looking at making this. Just one problem - the recipe (which serves 4) uses 10g of tortilla chips. The smallest single bag of Doritos is 40g. What's going to happen to the rest of the chips in the house of someone who is overweight? I'm certainly not in this position because I have amazing self-restraint around unhealthy food! If I make it for just me, I'd have to count the 2 syns for the recipe, plus the 9.5 syns for the rest of the chips :(

Anyway, grumble over. Maybe avoid that recipe though!

WW cheesy nachos are only 4 syns for an 18g packet :)

Back