Slimming World Journey 2018!

So I've been back on SW from home for a week today, however I've decided to weigh in on Wednesdays from this week!

Starting weight - 9 stone 7 pounds.
Target - 8 stone.

I will post how my weigh in goes on Wednesday and update every week :)

Good Luck! and I look forward to seeing your progress

Week 1:
-4 pounds! :)
Current weight - 9 stone 3 pounds

Absolutely chuffed with the this result! Have been plan on all week apart from one coffee and a cake on a Sunday outing, but I find if I stick to Slimming World all week with leftover syns most days, then I can usually get away with little treats like this (not to jynx it...).

So the plan for this week is to be 100% on plan all week apart from Saturday, as we have a friend over for a pizza and catch up night (bad timing on week two of SW). I am going to low syn as many days as possible for the rest of the week so fingers crossed this won't affect my weigh in next week too much. Time will tell..

Great result on the 4lbs! well done

Weigh day tomorrow..

After a pizza and catch up night with my friend Saturday (and maybe some doritos, dip and a small slice of cake..) I am dreading this weigh in! I will be completely honest in my posts if I've been off plan, so I know where I have gone wrong if the weigh in goes the other way.

I have been completely on plan the rest of the week with low syn days on a few days to try and balance out the treat night. I am not hopeful for tomorrow, but I will post here with an update no matter which way it goes!

Week 2:
+1 pound :(
Current weight - 9 stone 4 pounds

Gutted that I put on a pound, but to be honest I was half expecting to put on after the weekend treats.

But it's my own fault and I'm 100% on plan this week with no treats over syns. I've also started re-doing exercise apps this week so hopefully I can pull the pound back and more next week!

it's only a pound you got this!

Week 3:
-1.5 pounds!
Current weight - 9 stone 3 pounds

As I use weight watchers precision scales at home (which counts by eighths sometimes) I worked out that I have actually lost 1.5 this week because last week my weight would have been 9 stone 4 and a half. So going forward I will count the halfs on here too.

Small loss this week, but a loss is a loss! A few valentines date night treats this weekend and meal out tonight, but I will be extra good and low syn elsewhere so fingers crossed it won't affect me too much next week!

Whoo Hooo 1 1/2 lbs, well done!

Week 4:
+1 pounds
Current weight - 9 stone 4 pounds

So with it being valentines week I had way too many treats and based on what I ate, 1 pound really is not that bad! So I'll take that on the chin and it's now time to seriously up my game. I have no upcoming plans whatsoever that are going to affect my weight loss, so now is well and truly the time to get on it and only have treats within syn allowance.

I have 17 weeks to go until my holiday and it would be great to get to my goal weight of 8 stone, so there is really no more room for slip ups. I plan to do my exercise app 3 times this week as well as some walking on the weekend. There is no more room for error!

Focus, you know you can do this!

Week 5:
-3 pounds!
Current weight - 9 stone 1 pound

Over the moon with this week's weight lost, so close to getting under that 9 stone now which will motivate me to keep going! First week I've been 100% on plan since I re-started and just proves it works!

Hi TargaryenDragon8

I'm starting back on Slimming World again and am going to do it from home this time as well. Your doing great! Have you any tips to keep me on plan?

Shirley

Hi TargaryenDragon8

I'm starting back on Slimming World again and am going to do it from home this time as well. Your doing great! Have you any tips to keep me on plan?

Shirley

Hi Sanicholl! Thanks :)

Well what I try to do it low syn during the week which leaves me room to have a treat or two at the weekend. As I work Mon-Fri, I usually have overnight oats for breakfast, then a low syn lunch, snack on fruit throughout the day (usually something mid morning and something after lunch), then a free or low syn dinner. This usually keeps me to around 5 syns a day depending what I have, sometimes up to 10. Because I do this Mon-Fri it usually leaves me a bit of wiggle room at the weekend in case I go out anywhere for lunch or want to have a little treat at home.

At the weekend I tend to have a bit more of a treat breakfast, something like a bacon & egg toastie, or a full slimming world fry up! If I want a treat then I try to keep it as slimming world friendly as possible, for example we will get Metcalfes skinny popcorn and have that with a film, sometimes with some Mikado or something like that. Curly Wurlys are also a life safer at times! I think allowing myself a little treat at the weekend (within reason) is what keeps me going. I'm so used to it now that Mon-Fri are usually quite easy to get through, it's the weekends that are difficult at times. But with a bit of will power it's possible!

Sorry for the essay but hope that helps! Let me know if you need any further meal or snack tips or any ideas :) Good luck with your journey :)

Back