Slimming world - just a stone to lose

darbydoo

Hi All. I have been trying to shift a stone for a while now, and have decided to give SW a try having heard so many good things.

Can anyone tell me if it works when you just have a little to lose? I am 9st 9 and ideally want to be 8st 10 (I am only 5ft 3) :eek:

I am not going to class at the moment, just using the books etc. How many syns should I be having for this type of goal?

Any advice appreciated :p

Stick between 5-10 syns. I am in the same boat I have 19 lbs to lose and if you stick to the plan it works for everyone! Just follow the rule of only eating when your hungry, stopping when full and drink 2-3 litres of water a day!
Which plan are you following? Extra easy or red and green?
Lauren xX

I am doing extra easy most days, but if I fancy more bread or cheese then I switch to a green day. Never done a red day as I'm not a huge meat lover!

So do you know anyone who's had success with just a little to lose? I am also going to the gym 3-4 times a week so that should help. Do you go to class?

I try my best not to have any syns, apart from the odd one for flora or ketchup lol... but yesterday I had a pack of chicken supernoodles without realising that it's only the low-fat ones that are syn free - so that was 10 syns! ouch lol

Thanks x

The weight may come off a little more slowly than if you had a lot to lose, but it definitely will come off! SW offers a money back guarantee to class members- if you don't lose any weight in the first 4 weeks, you get your money back! In the 40+ years they've been in business, they have never had to honour that guarantee.

I agree - even if you start with 10 stone to lose there eventually comes a point when you only have 1 stone to go - the plan works irrespective of how much you want to lose, assuming of course your target is a reasonable one.

It's not exactly unlimited because you need to balance it with a third superfree food. However, you can eat this combination until you are comfortably full. The essence of SW I think is that as long as you keep to the balance between free and superfree food, you can let your body tell you how much you need to eat. So you should never need to go hungry. You also need to stick to your syns and healthy extras and that's it.

By the way, my weight loss chart isn't a good advert for losing your last stone. My problem has been that I've been away on a number of trips this year and not always lost the weight I'd gained in between trips. I'm working on that and next trip I go away on I am going to have to stick to plan most of the time and not go completely mad like I have been doing.

the last stone is always the hardest esspecially when you start to feel better, even good about yourself and become a bit comfortable and sometimes lapse into old routines...thats what i do anyway!!
Lauren xX

Back