Slimming World Meats! Red/EE :o

Ela ine

Likes to post, and eat.
We have a 'Sausage Man' at out slimming world group, which is basically like an ice cream van - but filled with free/very Los syn sausages/burgers/steaks etc.
He parks up after our class and before the second,. Anyway, I've always been reluctant to buy due to him being a wrt bit pricey!
However, on my way home tonight I saw him parked up at another class.
I resisted the urge to weigh in a day early (the suspense is killed me) but bought some mince for tea.

Let me tell you - I had to put fry light in my pan!! Wow! There was seriously hardly any fat AT ALL, I will definitely be getting some sausages/burgers tomorrow and having some red days!!

Does anyone else buy free meats? I had always been wary of them before (but then I'm also the person who is STILL wondering how I can eat so much on plan! :p)

It's grrreeeeaaattt!!

I've had syn-free chicken and sage sausages from a local butcher, and they are beautiful. They only do the sausages though, would love to have a sausage man like yours!!

At a class I used to go to we used to have a sausage man who made absolutely delicious, proper fat sausages. Turned out after I left that there was some scandal and the sausages weren't syn free at all - didn't hinder my losses though!!

I always think it's worth paying a bit more if you're going to get a quality product, it's just always hard to tell when they're out the back of a van! (There was another woman in the area who sold syn-free sausages, but she looked quite 'dirty' to be honest, and then her 'sausage factory' in her garden shed burnt down!)

When I say fat sausages I mean thick, not lardy!!

Im quite lucky! We have a sw approved butcher in my city who does syn free meats. With around 12-14 different flavour sausages and 3/4 different types of burgers and different meat/flavour kebabs!
It is more expensive than supermarkets - looking at 80p a burger and bout £3 for 8 sausages.
But i love eating as many as i want! lol!

Ha you guys make me laugh!

I have been telling everyone about the amazing mince :p and I'm definitely going to try to make a syn free mock kebab thing when I buy some more!!

Jen -hilarous!
You can rest in the knowledge that the man in the van is actually from a posh little deli and slimming world approved! bahah garden shed! She could have been cooking cats!!

Mrswilsoncroft - Jealous of your big freezer! We have about three drawers in ours - not so great for batch cooking :( or when you want to freeze muller lights.. :p

Lazorinie - can we eat as much as we want? Or on EE for example for every sausage/burger you ate would have have to eat x ammount of salad/vegetables? That's the only thing that confuses me about it!
Being able to eat so much seems to good to be true :eek:

xx

Oh my man in a van wasn't from a posh deli at all, and he had no van, just cool boxes - this was in Essex 9 years ago, he was just a butcher on a money spinner who was asked to leave when they couldn't be slimming world approved!

I don't really understand why people would pay more for syn-free meats - any meat is syn free if you cut the fat off, and you can use herbs and spices to give it whatever flavour you want. It's only the sausages i'm interested in!

Oh my man in a van wasn't from a posh deli at all, and he had no van, just cool boxes - this was in Essex 9 years ago, he was just a butcher on a money spinner who was asked to leave when they couldn't be slimming world approved!

I don't really understand why people would pay more for syn-free meats - any meat is syn free if you cut the fat off, and you can use herbs and spices to give it whatever flavour you want. It's only the sausages i'm interested in!

I am going to get some sausages tonight!
There are so many recepies... but yuck quorn! I'd rather go without!!! x

Lazorinie - can we eat as much as we want? Or on EE for example for every sausage/burger you ate would have have to eat x ammount of salad/vegetables? That's the only thing that confuses me about it!
Being able to eat so much seems to good to be true :eek:

xx

I eat as much sausages and burgers as i want. I would only have them in one meal a day and dont have them everyday cos there so expensive to live off, the other meals i eat my fruit/veg.
I love making sausage stir fri's with onions mushrooms and adding 1tbsp sweet chilli sauce! Yummy! I just have to be careful as im often tempted to put it all in pitta's or on sandwiches!

:eating:

Oooh! Great idea!!
The sausage man does beef and garlic sausages AND pork and chilli. Can't wait for red days now.

Could you have all the meat on EE? (I still don't quite get EE) Xx

Back