Slimming World NIGHTMARE

Esther Fester

Hi all, I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice;

Week 1 STS
Week 2 - 3.5 lbs
Week 3 +0.5lbs!

Now I have been following EE plan 150%. I have been giving my consultant my food diaries and she says they are absolutely fine. But now I am seriously considering what the point of it all is. Last night was just embarrassing being sat there whilst other people who had disastrous weeks were still losing weight! Just so frustrated.

What do you think I should do? Change to green or red? I honestly am out of ideas other than that. I thought I was just being slow off the mark but last night has made me feel really disheartened.

i found sw didnt work for me thats why i stopped, green and red seemed to work better if any of the plans.

Yes I have been having all my syns - 50 in total last week. Every meal is at least a 1/3 super free if not more. I have been exercising like this for the last two years and have taken measurements - no different!

Have given my food diaries to my C so cant remember all week but will put yesterdays down as an example of a typical day;

Breakfast - 42g all bran, 150ml Semi Skimmed milk, chopped banana.
Lunch - pasta with chopped tomatoes, capers, passata, tuna - 2 apples, nectarine, greengage, muller light orange with choc sprinkles, curly wurly

snack - 2 roast chicken thighs no skin, celery sticks with syn free homemade tzatziki

Dinner - syn free meatballs with free tomato sauce, small portion spaghetti, loads of green beans.

Any ideas?

I tend to stick with green and red, I've done SW on/off for 10 years and have always seen great losses (when 100&) on this plan. Not that I'm saying EE isn't great and doesn't work, it's just red/green suits me better. Maybe post your food diary like Loungelizard suggests amd we can take a look for you. Regarding the exercise thing, the fact that you're doing so much is great! I have found in the past that I see my losses the following week rather than the week I have worked really hard, I suppose sometimes your body needs to catch up, especially if it's something you don't normally do. I takes a lot of intense training to bulid up muscle and a lot of time so personally I wouldn't say your gain is down to that, however I do agree with measuring yourself as you will see the loss in inches. xx

were you following any other diet before you started SW? if you were doing slimfast or vlcd then it could just be that your body is still adjusting to real food! try not to be too disheartened :) xx

You should be having 250ml of semi skimmed milk as a HeA Hun.
I would also add more fruit and veg in there and make sure that you are drinking plenty of water. The exercise has nothing to do with a weight gain.
Muscle does not weigh heavier than fat. 1lb of fat and 1lb of muscle still weighs 1lb! You could be holding fluid though, so again make sure that you are drinking that water to flush things through.
Have a look at other food diaries on here as well, so that you get an idea of varied meals and are not eating the same things over and over again.

Good luck.

x

Thanks for your advice all, i do drink at least 2 litres of water a day if not more. Not using fresh pasta just dried. Will just have to keep on going and see if the loss catches up next week. Its weird because I feel as though I have lost weight but just cant bear the thought of having another night like last night where I ended up crying just out of pure frustration.

For some reason I only lose weight every other week, so when I'm 100% on plan I will lose betwee 2.5 - 5lbs but the next week I lose nothing/gain or STS. Perhaps your body is the same, please try and stick to it 100% and I'm sure you will be pleased with the result nex week.

For some reason I only lose weight every other week, so when I'm 100% on plan I will lose betwee 2.5 - 5lbs but the next week I lose nothing/gain or STS. Perhaps your body is the same, please try and stick to it 100% and I'm sure you will be pleased with the result nex week.

Thanks for the encouraging words, maybe I am the same! Definately going to keep going and see what happens next Tuesday.

Hun, if you were already active, and eating a balanced diet, then you're not going to get the hoooooge losses that some people do in the first few weeks, especially as you're at a healthy weight & BMI. In three weeks, you've lost 3 pounds. Perfect. Lovely. Wish I could average at a pound a week :( Keep it up and you'll be two stone lighter by Christmas :)

Hi, I am doing extra easy. It's a really good idea on this plan to eat lots of super speed foods. Melon is my ss food of choice. I have it for breakfast and also a few chunks before meals.

And like Mojomcl says - it's 3lb off! You are moving in the right direction!

Do keep on going though, if you are burning more than you are putting in then you can't fail to lose weight!! It sounds like you are doing everything right.

You can have up to 105 syns per week, if you need them. Personally I use all mine most weeks (ok mainly for booze ;) ). Are you drinking plenty of water?

I didnt get on with EE so have gone back to green days with the odd red day thrown in here and there. Try switching which plan you do and see if that helps.

Failing that pull your C to one side and have a chat with her about how your feeling, she may be able more advice other than just saying your food diary is fine.

Good luck hun x

I know it's no consolation, but you're not massively overweight either. I started at a similar weight to you (I'm only slightly taller) and my losses have not been fast by any means.

My first 4 weeks:

Week 1 - lost 3.5lbs
Week 2 - gained 0.5lb
Week 3 - lost 0.5lb
Week 4 - lost 1lb

You're right on track.

I know it's no consolation, but you're not massively overweight either. I started at a similar weight to you (I'm only slightly taller) and my losses have not been fast by any means.

My first 4 weeks:

Week 1 - lost 3.5lbs
Week 2 - gained 0.5lb
Week 3 - lost 0.5lb
Week 4 - lost 1lb

You're right on track.

Wow, thats amazing. Gives me loads of encouragement! I am from Leeds too! Its just hard seeing everyone else in your group losing loads when you seem to be stuck in a rut.

I know, it's rubbish!! I've had to resign myself to the fact I'm probably never going to get slimmer of the week!! :D

Where in Leeds is your group? I'm in Pudsey!

Back