Slimming world online?

faye cheshire

Silver Member
I am being really good this time round and even keeping a diary. I ve got the books and seem to be able to find sun values.
I am not into the group meetings.

So is there much benefit of being an online member

Faye as

I don't think there is as you weigh yourself,you have the books and someone on here can always find the syn value if your stuck.

Thank you. I don t want to put on ppl any more than I have to so I am studying syns. Shame you can't just but a calculator lol x

I'm doing exactly the same. Have a food diary for my meals and syns. My sister is going to group but there's no way I'm getting on the scales in a room full of people!! I feel like I'm annoying her with all my syn questions but found a lot of stuff online! People don't seem to mind being bugged too much either which is really nice!

I also looked at doing the online membership but I can't see any benefits other than the syn calculator. Especially not for £20 a month!! That's more than group.

I'm doing exactly the same. Have a food diary for my meals and syns. My sister is going to group but there's no way I'm getting on the scales in a room full of people!! I feel like I'm annoying her with all my syn questions but found a lot of stuff online! People don't seem to mind being bugged too much either which is really nice!

I also looked at doing the online membership but I can't see any benefits other than the syn calculator. Especially not for £20 a month!! That's more than group.

Hi there losing 2019
Totally agree. Would rather send the most on other things.

It is a good eating plan. Have you done it before? I originally got the pack and one free group.
The only benefit of the group was being weighed. But, the sitting for ages talking about new recipes etc. We can do this on minimins.

Good luck
Faye

Hi there losing 2019
Totally agree. Would rather send the most on other things.

It is a good eating plan. Have you done it before? I originally got the pack and one free group.
The only benefit of the group was being weighed. But, the sitting for ages talking about new recipes etc. We can do this on minimins.

Good luck
Faye

No this is my first time on slimming world. I've lost weight before.. In 2009/2010 I lost about 4 stone but I put it all back on and more very quickly. I'm finding slimming world very easy to get on with and very realistic for long term!

It is great. You are doing well. It takes some people years to understand it. The ppl who did red and green days find it hard to get their head round.
Being 99%vegan it suits me. At the moment I am losing slowly as doing more exercise.
Faye

So is there much benefit of being an online member

No, absolutely not!

When I first signed up I found myself using the syn library regularly when shopping but I could have done the same by typing the food followed by syns into google and 90% of the time the answer is there.

The disappointing thing for me with online slimming world is how much you don't feel like a member of slimming world! If you go to a meeting you get certificates, some places do prizes for weight loss and the opportunity for other morale boosting awards. Online you get a pdf with the weight loss on which doesn't even print to a page size. No potential annual awards as they can't verify your weight loss! No free weeks for continuous weight losses and it's not free when you hit target as again they can't verify you've done it.

When my plan runs out next month I will be transferring my weights over to my fitness pal and continue to log my weight on there instead as I'm only really paying for an online tracker as it currently is. I find it pretty amazing they haven't got a team focused on the people who do it online. Yes, they have online chats every now and then but these are very laggy and not very user friendly as they are heavily monitored by the girls running it (you can't post anything before it's approved by one of the two running it and when they're both replying to people you see nothing in the chat for a long time then all of a sudden an influx of messages and stuff just disappears!). How many articles do you read in the magazine where it says the person has lost the weight doing it online? None is my guess? I did the gold online membership which includes the monthly magazine subscription and I think they all are people from local groups. Again, I think it's something where if you're at a group your rep puts you forward for these. Whilst that's great, surely with a team of people working on the online side of the business they could reach out to people who only do it online and see if they would like to feature? They could work on a more personalised award for weight loss which fits on an A4 sheet if someone wanted to print it. They could add the ability to have a certificate sent out even if it's for a small charge. Everything seems geared towards the local groups are the focus of the business and the online bit is a quickly put together addition that isn't much of a priority.

Honestly, posting regularly here has helped me more than the slimming world website/subscription!

No, absolutely not!

When I first signed up I found myself using the syn library regularly when shopping but I could have done the same by typing the food followed by syns into google and 90% of the time the answer is there.

The disappointing thing for me with online slimming world is how much you don't feel like a member of slimming world! If you go to a meeting you get certificates, some places do prizes for weight loss and the opportunity for other morale boosting awards. Online you get a pdf with the weight loss on which doesn't even print to a page size. No potential annual awards as they can't verify your weight loss! No free weeks for continuous weight losses and it's not free when you hit target as again they can't verify you've done it.

When my plan runs out next month I will be transferring my weights over to my fitness pal and continue to log my weight on there instead as I'm only really paying for an online tracker as it currently is. I find it pretty amazing they haven't got a team focused on the people who do it online. Yes, they have online chats every now and then but these are very laggy and not very user friendly as they are heavily monitored by the girls running it (you can't post anything before it's approved by one of the two running it and when they're both replying to people you see nothing in the chat for a long time then all of a sudden an influx of messages and stuff just disappears!). How many articles do you read in the magazine where it says the person has lost the weight doing it online? None is my guess? I did the gold online membership which includes the monthly magazine subscription and I think they all are people from local groups. Again, I think it's something where if you're at a group your rep puts you forward for these. Whilst that's great, surely with a team of people working on the online side of the business they could reach out to people who only do it online and see if they would like to feature? They could work on a more personalised award for weight loss which fits on an A4 sheet if someone wanted to print it. They could add the ability to have a certificate sent out even if it's for a small charge. Everything seems geared towards the local groups are the focus of the business and the online bit is a quickly put together addition that isn't much of a priority.

Honestly, posting regularly here has helped me more than the slimming world website/subscription!
Could nt agree more. I did nt like the group meetings but i appreciate that a lot if people find they help.
Ģreat eating plan and minimins is invaluable.
Thanks for the reply.

Back