Slimming world or calorie counting?

Mariemilford

I want to lose five stone and although I've been making some effort (picking healthier options etc) I haven't gone on a diet yet as I'm unsure what to do. I tried slimming world a couple of times in the past; although I did lose weight when I followed it I found it hard to stick to as I ended up eating the same foods all the time and got bored. I live in a different part of the country now and different foods are more readily available (even curry powder was really hard to get in my old town!) so I'm thinking I might be more likely to stick to it. Or would I be better off just tracking calories on MyFitnessPal instead ?

Measure your "Macro Nutrients", i.e. your protein intake, your complex carbs (potatoes, rice), and your fibre (vegetables: celery, broccoli, kale, greens) will make a much more meaningful difference to the changes that you want to make to your body than "counting calories".

Fat on its own is not the enemy, too much of it is.
Manufactured carbs (pasta, biscuits, breads, any refined sugar whilst we are at it) are what causes the insulin spike and messes with energy levels and makes the body crave MORE sugar... Then the brain releases a heap of feel-good chemicals, and stopping becomes difficult... before we want to know about it was have maxed out on what quota'ed calories... yada yada.

http://www.iifym.com/

Back