Slimming World or gastric band?

Glad you've decided to start a journey with Slimming World and not the drastic gastric! There's a special offer in next weeks Woman mag ( out 16 April) to join for £4.95) xx

Thanks for this Hun as I'm rejoining soon xxx

Thank you all for your great posts :)

Dr did not give me much information at all was a bit if a waste of time! Was basically told 'the best way to lose weight is to diet and exercise' said to come back in 2 months and if not working will try dieting tablets or something!

This forum is so much more helpful :)

I am going to start a blog/diary and update when I can, the iPhone app makes it really easy to do too.

I am going to slimming world on Monday and hopefully kick start this change in lifestyle :)

Thanks for all your support so far I have really liked reading your posts x

Just wanted to say a massive good luck! i really hope you dont go with the gastric band! like a few of the posts i know 3 people that have had it and 2 have had it removed. All 3 were violently ill after eating small amounts and some days couldn't eat a thing because of the stomach acid rising (something like that) each one has regretted it. 2 paid a ridiculous amount for it privately ad the other had it on the NHS and waited 3 years. It doesnt resolve any bad eating habits you may have give SW a try i struggled for the first 3-4 weeks but now have lost over 2.5 stone! i would maybe see this differently if you were 35 stone and i would understand that it would be so difficult to kick start, but you are not and although 10 stone is daunting to loose it may only be couple lost that helps you get pregnant and then you can continue during/after. i didnt intend to write this massive comment sorry lol but again you can defiantly do it. i used to LOVE takeaways and fast food but SW have some amazing kebab and chinese recepies and i have an amazing curry recepie that tastes like a tikka masala but syn free just replace oil with frylight and cream with fromage frais. i will type it up this weekend and post it!! again goodluck! you really can do this on your own xxxx

Jen it might be worth checking out Minimins other site

Www.wlsurgery.com

They'll be able to answer any questions you have x

I've always had a healthy appetite and working outside used to go to McDonalds, KFC and local chipshops for my meals, I tried to eat healthy but failed so when I had my 2nd stroke and the doctor gave me less than a year to live, it woke me up!

I had all the usual signs, High blood pressure, arthritis, T2 Diabetic so I knuckled down and got started on SW with a 12 count down.

Now I am almost at my chosen weight, feel great and all my previous problems are behind me.......

I should have done it years ago, I've missed years with my children when I couldn't participate so If you want children, decide now, go for SW and stick to it, it's your choice, only you can do it, don't do what I did and miss life.
Don't go for the quick option, the gastric band, each week in the weekly mags there is a story about problems with these, sometimes tragic, kick yourself up the ar*e and go for it! Good luck for the future.
Pete

Back