Slimming World or Weight Watchers

Lishay02

Hi all,

I really want to lose weight, and have both the above classes local to me in my area. I have previously done both diets, but have no idea which one to do ?

Please can any of you nice people offer me some help please?

Thanks for your assistance.

Regards
Lisa

SLIMMING WORLD SLIMMING WORLD SLIMMING WORLD SLIMMING WORLD!

The main differences so far as I can see, are:

WW will teach you how you can eat anything you want, even fish and chips, so long as you keep within your points. However, you will use up your daily points, eating nothing all day then having like 25 chips from a portion of chips and half a battered fish.

SW teaches you how to eat healthy and lose weight and learn a whole new relationship with food FOR LIFE!

Agree with Vixxster on this. Who wants a diet where you have to spend most of the day starving because you fancied a little something different?
SW all the way for me too!

hello, i have tried both and much prefer slimming world as on weight watchers i often ran out of points and blew it for the day and was often very hungry, with slimming world it seems to take the pressure off and it doesnt feel like you are on a diet.

Hi there!

I did WW for 14 months, stuck to it religiously & lost 7lbs :eek: I wasted a lot of money on that :( I tended to eat well but if I wanted treats I never had enough points & to earn bonus points I had to slog my guts out exercising only to be able to nibble something like a tiny square of cheese. Its works for some but not for me, I did feel very restricted not to mention I became a tad obssessed with how many points were in everything!

On SW Ive lost 20lbs since March (& thats for someone who loses slowly). You eat lots of nice filling foods, if you're hungry you can eat, you wont be tied down to a points system. Personally SW is the way to go & from someone who's done both, give SW a try :)

I am an ex WW'er and thought I would be for life - but then I found SW and I am converted, SW is by far the better diet, I am never hungry because I eat so well at every meal, I have to remind myself sometimes that I am STILL following a weight reducing diet.

I am learning all over again to cook from scratch and I am loving it, with WW it was open a tin here, or buy a ready meal there etc, so I will always be a SW'er now for the rest of my life, I love the diet.

OMG SW SW SW!!

I tried WW about 5 times, and in total was only 5lbs light by the end of it all! I was SO restricted only getting 22points a day, which was enough for a tiny bowl cereal with milk, beans on toast, and a jacket spud with cheese :eek: On SW you can eat all day if you want and still lose weight. I was starving on WW and will NEVER go back!! WW restricts what you eat which is not natural, some days you get more hungry and need to eat more which that doesn't allow for. It doesn't teach you anything about healthy eating, yuo could use all your allowance on junk food and get no benefit. Whereas SW incorporates healthy extras and you still get Syns points to use on things you can't live without!! :) Hope that helps!! xxx

I actually used to have a WW consultant that made the Little Britain Fat Fighters coach look serious! She was hugely huge, and used to teach us about how many points were in junk food and tell us that we could go to McDonalds for breakfast lunch and dinner if we had the oats so simple, chicken piri piri sandwich and the chicken nuggets happy meal.

Thanks for your advice its just my worry is that I aint into cooking meals like curry etc etc, from scratch (i'm lazy you see) - I have done it before and lost 7lb in a wk.

Are Muller Lights and Muller Rice still free too ?

Thanks x

I personally believe that different plans suit different people. I've tried WW, Scottish Slimmers and SW. I hated WW and felt restricted the whole time and starving but I had good results with both SW and Scottish Slimmers in the past. My decision to return to SW was based on the Extra Easy plan as I had read about it and also as the class was most convenient for me. I think if you have a big appetite and are willing to cook then SW wins hands down but if you feel you need restriction and also prefer to eat convenience foods then WW is the way to go.

I have to say I didnt realise just how many people have tried WW & not been successful!

I do agree with Babybloo, different things work for different people, my nans lost 4st on WW but it just doesn't suit me.

you DEFFO don't have to cook everything from scratch.

My consultant last week told us to put a packet of cheesy smash in a pot with a packet of cheesy broccoli pasta n sauce, a tub of quark and 2 beaten eggs and stir, then whack it in the oven.

Took ten minutes to prepare, and 35 mins later I had enough cheese pie to last me a week. 1 Syn for whole pie.

Egg, chips and mushy peas is also a huge favourite of mine and is most likely what i'll have for dinner later. xxx

See now, Nan must have been proper good girl and not gone for eating all the crap. My mate did WW and starved herself all day and ate all her points in crap at night.

I was using mainly ready meals and adding mushrooms, onions and beansprouts to everything and felt VERY uninspired.

SW works for me, so I pimp it every step of the way!

I agree - different plans suit different people... my nail technician has lost weight with WW, but it just didn't work for me - I felt it was too restrictive. However SW doesn't always work for people who cannot control their portion size... SW teaches you to eat until you are comfortable, but if that means until you are sick to you then it isnt going to work either..

I also think posting on the SW forum will ineviatbly get you more votes for SW than WW.....

Hope the comments have helped you to make up your mind

Tracy

Obviously I catagorically agree with everyone else, SW all the way! It's the only plan i've ever reached a target on, let alone maintained my weight loss.

I also think that if you posted this on the WW thread, they would all say WW so it is up to you, what suits you and what you like!

PS muller lights are free (most of them) but muller rice are mega syns!!

Back