Slimming World Password

By budgeting carefully and not eating as much junk food the £4.50 can easily be covered. Also it's possible to buy six classes for the price of five making the weekly fee even less. My husband is now redundant but I am determined to find the money and keep attending as it is good for my health as well as my self esteem.
I am so impressed with Slimming World that I am already thinking about becoming a consultant once I have shifted my excess weight.

Elaine

I totally agree that we shouldn't give out the lifeline password for free - especially as it means that we might have to pay for the service on-line as well as for classes. However I do understand that its difficult to afford the money sometimes. Some GP's are now offering a referal service to Slimming World whereby you get 12 weeks vouchers free if the doctor refers you. This would give anyone a good start in loosing weight - and remember when you reach target you can keep going to the club free of charge - and so get access to the lifeline online passwords.

I can't blame SW management for complaining after all we pay a fee to use their site, my problem it trying to remember the group password. The previous weeks usually works for an extra week if I can't remember.

To be honest, I don't think Lifeline Online offers much more than the normal 'free' parts of the website anyway, apart from being able to log your own food diary and chart your weight losses (or gains!) which you can easily do on here anyway. But I do agree that it should be kept for members who are paying a weekly fee.

Slimming World do care passionately about their members, I used to be a consultant until 4 years ago when I had to give up due to work committments, I was a consultant for 3 years and can honestly say they are a brilliant company to work for, yes they are a business and have to make money, but if they didn't make money, then syn values would never get updated (and we would still be eating macaroni cheese and corned beef as free foods), mix 2 max, success express and extra easy wouldn't be here. What you have to remember is that manufacturers are constantly changing the make up of their products and so the syn values change all the time, without all the research SW do, we would be following the plan as we thought, not losing weight, getting frustrated and giving up.

We all know SW is the best plan going to lose weight, but without member fees, they wouldn't be able to grow and develop as a company and keep us all up to date with the very latest information specific to the SW plan

To be honest, I don't think Lifeline Online offers much more than the normal 'free' parts of the website anyway, apart from being able to log your own food diary and chart your weight losses (or gains!) which you can easily do on here anyway. But I do agree that it should be kept for members who are paying a weekly fee.

Slimming World do care passionately about their members, I used to be a consultant until 4 years ago when I had to give up due to work committments, I was a consultant for 3 years and can honestly say they are a brilliant company to work for, yes they are a business and have to make money, but if they didn't make money, then syn values would never get updated (and we would still be eating macaroni cheese and corned beef as free foods), mix 2 max, success express and extra easy wouldn't be here. What you have to remember is that manufacturers are constantly changing the make up of their products and so the syn values change all the time, without all the research SW do, we would be following the plan as we thought, not losing weight, getting frustrated and giving up.

We all know SW is the best plan going to lose weight, but without member fees, they wouldn't be able to grow and develop as a company and keep us all up to date with the very latest information specific to the SW plan

What can I say apart from Well Said!!!!

I think it's easy to forget that SW wasn't just devised Xamount of years ago and now it's just pure profit. There is a team of scientists and nutritionalists working full time on research and analysis to make sure the plans are up to date and to make this as easy as possible for us to do. THAT alone will cost SW a fortune! The websites are constantly updated and maintained by yet another team who have to be paid. Add to that the consultants who have to buy their suplies and pay for the venue each week, our £4.50 really doesn't go very far at all. I probably earn more than my consultant does so I don't think it's fair to accuse it of being fully profit focussed. Of course they make a profit, it's a business. The fact is, there are other options for people who can't afford to attend weekly meetings and these include online and postal memberships for one-off fees. Also, as Sue correctly says, you can ask your doctor for help. Many regions now do the vouchers for SW which you can get for free from your nurse at your surgery.

SW is still one of the cheapest slimming clubs around and members benefit from the free website as part of the weekly fees. If it was available to anyone and everyone there would be a fee to join the site and that's not fair to people who pay each week.

BUT tbh, the very fact that you are here means you have already accessed the best support network any dieter could ever want. This forum is full of people willing to support, encourage and advise where needed. We are a strong community with one common goal and no one judges, ridicules or is nasty to anyone else. Take a good look around here and ask questions. Start a diary so we can all get to know you better and help you where you need it x

well siad miss taz!! i rep'd ya ;) x

Not really as many items will have a different syn value depending on whether you are following the original or green plan. Tieing in with that, some items (ie a meat dish on an original day) will have a free food value. x

is there any way you can work out sins to calories or fat like Weight Watchers?
For 'junk' food like chocolate, crisps, biscuits it's pretty much 1 Syn per 20 calories. But when there's free food in things this doesn't work!

It frustrates me that they are groups on facebook who give out the password but nothing is done about that...as a paying member it is very frustrating...it reminds me of the advert for the tv licence where someone is watching some1 else's t.v......

It's all going computerised so you swipe a card or something when you go to WI. I have heard that the password system will be abolished and members will be able to access the site so long as they are active members. Not sure if this is fact though

We are on the card system and you stick the card in the laptop when you pay and then when you weigh in it goes in the pda which is attached to the scales. All the details go on the consultants pda and she does all the image therapy stuff from there.
It's a great system when it works!!
I haven't heard anything about the password thing though, perhaps that will come when everyone is on it.

:character00148: Sounds exciting... I look forward to this coming to Kent.. I was only thinking last week they are a bit behind with the times in their tekky stuff.

:character00148: Sounds exciting... I look forward to this coming to Kent.. I was only thinking last week they are a bit behind with the times in their tekky stuff.

Being an Essex girl - I've found everything in Kent to be behind the times - not just tekky stuff. Sorry, couldn't resist that :p

Hi guys, we have the digi system, it is great, i pay and give my card to lady who takes payment and she swipes it saying i have paid, then i take card to scales where it is put into a chip and pin attached to scales which tells wi lady all my info. Password is still printed out in a small slip to take away in my purse. Don't know how it works going through the system though xxx

Back