Slimming World Password

Hiya i'm new and just wanted to ask about the password.
I want to join SW but can't really get to the meeting. Body Optimise is ideal but at £80 for 3 months is out of my price range! Isn't there a way to pay £4.50 per week for access to the website??
Thanks

Cath x
Hi welcome to the forum. If you can get to the first meeting one week you may be able to sort something out with the consultant that you pay and get access without physically attending. Or you could just go there, get all the info then use this forum as your 'group'!

if only there waas a way. i cant afford groups either, et alone the online! :(

Hi Cath! If you're not familiar with the plans then I would recommend you go along to a class and join just for a week to get the books and the introductory talk. After that it's perfectly possible to go it alone and of course there's endless support, advice, and inspiration on this forum. In many ways more than you would get by joining a class or online. So read the introductory threads in the 'sticky' section', follow the threads on the main board, check out the food diaries to see what other people are eating, and ask lots of questions. Whatever you need to put yourself in a position to lose weight.

if only there waas a way. i cant afford groups either, et alone the online! :(

Go on Ebay and buy a food directory.....this will give you syns for most things. People must think I'm weird wandering round tesco consulting it before anything goes in the trolley.

Anything you can't get from that, you can get from us!

The magazine is a good source if your wanting the plan outline and not too ££. Slimming world is one of the more expensive of the plans to join online. At other end of scale (just for comparison and they too have teams of scientist) is Atkins, which is completely free. They do however sell products, which supplements their ££££. Maybe Slimming world should sell more products.

Would anyone be kind enough to give me this weeks password?

I was planning on making the Lamb Rogan Josh for dinner tonight, but it now won't let me on as i haven't this weeks password.

Many thanks x

Hi Hun, this thread is not for giving out the password! It's stating the rules around not giving it out.
Last weeks password should work for 2 weeks but if not then text or ring your consultant and they will tell you.

In this mild curry, flavoured with dry-roasted spiced, the lamb releases its delicious juices during a slow, gentle cooking process.
Serves: 4
Syns per serving:
½ Syn on Original and Extra Easy,
5½ Syns on Green*
*Add 6 Syns per serving if not using lamb as a Healthy Extra 'b' choice

75g/3oz very low fat natural yogurt
2 tsp mild chilli powder
2 tsp ground coriander
2 tsp ground cumin
4 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
2 tsp peeled and finely grated ginger
½ tsp tumeric
600g/1lb 6oz lamb neck fillet or leg steak, all visable fat removed
300g/11oz onions, peeled and finely chopped
2 tbsp tomato purée
Salt
Fry Light
3 dried bay leaves, crumbled
6 green cardamom pods, lightly crushed
5cm/2in cinnamon stick
4 cloves
½ tsp grated nutmeg
2 tbsp freshly chopped mint leaves
4 tbsp freshly chopped coriander leaves

1. Place the yogurt, chilli, ground coriander, cumin, garlic, ginger and tumeric in a small bowl and mix.
2. Cut the lamb into 5cm/2in cubes, place them in a large non-stick frying pan with the onions, place over a medium heat and stir until the mixture begins to sizzle. Add the yogurt mixture, reduce the heat to low, cover tightly and cook for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the lamb releases its juices.
3. Uncover the pan, increase the heat to medium and cook for 5-6 minutes, stirring frequently, until the sauce has reduced to a paste-like consistency. Add the tomato purée and 350ml/12fl oz of boiling water, season with salt, cover and leave to simmer for 15-20 minutes.
4. Spray a small frying pan with Fry Light and place over a low heat. Add the bay leaves, cardamom, cinnamon and cloves and allow to sizzle for 40-45 seconds. Pour the contents of this pan over the meat along with the nutmeg, stir to mix, cover tightly and cook gently for another 12-15 minutes or until the meat is tender. Remove from the heat and stir in the fresh mint and coriander before serving

Hiya i'm new and just wanted to ask about the password.
I want to join SW but can't really get to the meeting. Body Optimise is ideal but at £80 for 3 months is out of my price range! Isn't there a way to pay £4.50 per week for access to the website??
Thanks

Cath x

Funny enough I talked to my consultant about this very thing!

Why cant they do it monthly like Weight watchers? Also the online ww plan was much cheaper than going to class, yet SW charge essentially the same price as group. I love SW but I do think they need to make the online plan more affordable with monthly plans for those that need it.

With regards to the password, I can understand why they are getting funny about it, because like it or not they are running a business at the end of the day. However as a group member myself, I wouldn't mind giving it out to people on the quiet if I felt it would benefit them and their health. ;)

However as a group member myself, I wouldn't mind giving it out to people on the quiet if I felt it would benefit them and their health. ;)

I wouldn't. I pay £4.95 a week for this password, Image Therapy and the other benefits of a group.
I think the reason the online SW version is the same price is to encourage people to go to group. That said, I know not everyone can make it.
I wouldn't compare to WW, it may be cheaper but if we wanted to follow WW we'd all be on it!
Anyway, I digress. Personally I don't think it's right to give the password out to non-members.

Sorry but I agree that I think it would be wrong to give the password out to non-members....I realise everyones financial situation is different but £4.95 is not a lot to ask when you figure that being overweight can lead to all sorts of health issues....it's a small price to pay to extend the length and quality of your life ;)

Last edited:
Sorry but I agree that I think it would be wrong to give the password out to non-members....I realise everyones financial situation is different but £4.95 is not a lot to ask when you figure that being overweight can lead to all sorts of health issues....it's a small price to pay to extend the length and quality of your life ;)

having been on an extremley low budget myself (where i literally had 11.05 a month to spare) £4.95 a week is Milk and bread and pasta that goes in my childrens bellies which as a mother far outweighs me being overweight.

So 4.95 mite be beneficial to my health, but my childrens needs will always be a priority over my own even if that puts me at risk.

I am overweight as I have hypothyroidism and I am also disabled and often bedridden, and unable to always get to a class. I cant afford to pay the online prices of £80 up front.

So I would graciously have thanked anyone that could help me lose my thyroid weight, wrong or not.

I dont think this subject can be black or white. As there are many reasons why giving someone the password would be a good thing. xx

Can the doctor not help you lose weight? I really don;t mean to be unfeeling but Slimming World is a business and therefore charges for its services but the NHS should support you in your weight loss efforts if your financially are not able to afford or are medically unable to attend the classes?

Of course your children must come before you...that is a sign of a good mother and I applaud you for that xx

Can the doctor not help you lose weight? I really don;t mean to be unfeeling but Slimming World is a business and therefore charges for its services but the NHS should support you in your weight loss efforts if your financially are not able to afford or are medically unable to attend the classes?

Of course your children must come before you...that is a sign of a good mother and I applaud you for that xx

I think you misunderstood me, I was using my situation, to show that its not always as easy as people think to find that money.

I am in group now, as I can now afford it, but when I was first diagnosed I put on 6 stone and did try and lose weight through my doctor, but he wasnt very emotionally supportive. Which you do get with image therapy, especially if you make friends :) He was very sterile and I didnt feel very encouraged.

So I did SW initially with the help of a friend online.

I would have loved to have the facility I have now, that I pay for, but no way could I have afforded it.

Why do they charge 3 months up front?

Why cant they do the payments monthly?

Why dont they offer the syns online/syns calculator as a separate entity and charge for it at a reduced rate. For those that have the books and dont need access to the full site?

This is also about peoples health...yes SW is a business I totally get that, but they also come across in their editorial letter in the magazines to care about people's weight loss. So why not make it easier or more affordable for certain aspects.

Do you see what I mean? lol

I do indeed and doing discounts i understand and don't disagree with...I thought the whole arguement was around giving out the password for free to people and that would be wrong as far as I am concerned.

Unfortunately life will always be unfair and because of the massive difference in wealth there will never be a 100% right solution to this unless it was free to all as there will always be people just landing on the wrong side of the cut off for discount and deeming it unfair. :character00238:

.I thought the whole arguement was around giving out the password for free to people and that would be wrong as far as I am concerned.

It was! And I, for one, still stand by that. I pay my money for the facilities which SW provide and I only give the password out to those I know go to group (like my friends at work and my family members)

I am overweight as I have hypothyroidism and I am also disabled and often bedridden, and unable to always get to a class. I cant afford to pay the online prices of £80 up front.

I have hyperthyroidism too but am taking medication which allows me to loose weight like anyone else (also gives me free prescriptions), and being disabled you should be able to get a doctors referral, not being nosy - but disability living allowance can be a helpful addtional amount perhaps you would be eligable for it.

I too don't have much disposable income and I work full time but I choose not to drink, to only smoke very rarely (not even once a moonth) and never buy cigarettes. My family come first always and even though my kids are grown up you never stop paying out (not that I mind) and I have grandbubbies too.

I made a decision to pay my subs and join a class because I am important to me, and think if you prioritise right it can be done by anyone whatever their situation.

I hope you are able to get GP referral or help with a Dietician and if you hadn't considered DLA that you think about applying :D

SilvermaneUK just read your latest posting, glad your in group and you raise some good questions

Back