Slimming World & PCOS

Hi! I got diagnosed with pcos when I was 17 (I'm 26 now) doc didn't give me anything to help until last week when they gave me metformin. I do mostly red days as I have been advised that the best weight losses happen on protein rich diets with people with pcos. I have the odd green day bur I'm a bit scared of then now! I have a treat day once a month ish where we go for a meal and I have what I want. I started sw on 7th march and have lost just shy 4stone ;I don't go to class, I weigh once a week at home. I'm still 19 stone abs have 7 stone to lose before doc will start me on any fertility treatment. Fingers crossed I reach my target of august next year (want to be at target by the time I'm 27) . Slimming world seems to be working for me but I'm going to join a gym tomorrow to try and boost my losses. X

i've been recently diagnosed with PCOS... i had joined SW earlier this year but different circumstances meant that after a couple of months, i didn't go back.
I've recently joined a new group (1st weigh in is tomorrow) so finger's crossed. i've been on EE plan. however last time round i did find it hard to lose anyways...

Hiya I've got PCOS I lost 3 1/2 stone last year and had ovarian drilling done as ttc for 3 years, the op was horrible and messed my body up which equalled me putting more weight on than I had originally lost!
Been at SW for 4 weeks now and managed to drop 17 lbs. Finding it quite easy. But still have a long way to go.
I'm looking forward to the day that I am a healthy bmi!!!!! X

Well done on the loss! It is hard losing with pcos but it is possible! Sw is so good for me, it gives me freedom and losses most weeks ( when I stick to plan 100%) we can do this girls!!!

Hi I was diagnosed with pcos 2 years ago. I couldnt understand why I was gaining weight, am now heavier than I was at 9 months pregs. The doc put me back on the pill Yasmin. I did SW in the UK before I moved to Oz and did mainly green. Can anyone explain EE to me? Ive joined online and am on day 1 today. Good luck :)

Hi with the ee at least a third of your meal needs to be super free foods the rest free foods and syns. U also need to have 1 healthy option a&b a day.
Hope this helps
Hayles x

Hi I was diagnosed with pcos 2 years ago. I couldnt understand why I was gaining weight, am now heavier than I was at 9 months pregs. The doc put me back on the pill Yasmin. I did SW in the UK before I moved to Oz and did mainly green. Can anyone explain EE to me? Ive joined online and am on day 1 today. Good luck :)

Hi there, yes at least 1 third of your plate needs to be superfree for every meal or snack, it works a treat and I am already feeling much healthier! still no ease of pcos symptoms but that will come I guess. Good luck :) x
Eileen

My c said that the more sf foods u have the bigger the loss, so I try to have nothing but sf all day for breakfast, lunch snacks and then have a proper meal at night with at least a third sf. X

Well done that's fantastic!!!!

Had very strong cramps today for no apparent reason. Very strange. Does anyone else get these????

Back