Slimming World Restaraunt!!

Princess_1989

What are your thoughts on having a slimming world restaurant!?

I was thinking last night how great it would be if there was redtaurants that catered solely to slimmers and the menu's were set out with your original/green/extra easy meal choices n how many syns etc they were!!

Wish someone would create these!!!

Waw, that would be fantastic, id go, but then I guess it would have to compare in pricess to say weatherspoons ware you can get the chilli or the sweet chilli noodles

Personally I don't think it would work. I, and I'm sure, lots of other people wouldn't want to go to a restaurant that screamed that I'm on a diet. People who are not on a diet will not go for the same reason. I generally eat with people who are not on SW so I want to go to place where we can all eat what we want, and just 'normal' food. I also doubt whether someone on WW or other diet plans would want to go to a SW restaurant . So in essence anyone setting up a restaurant like this would be really restricting their potential clientele, which I'm not sure is financially sound in the current climate. But no harm in dreaming :)

This has been discussed on here before... there is a cafe in Liverpool with syn values and a pub somewhere too.

This has been discussed on here before... there is a cafe in Liverpool with syn values and a pub somewhere too.

I think the cafe in Liverpool is called Skinnymalinx.

If they also did home delivery they'd make loads, id ring up for a guilty free kebab or pizza straight away as im a rubbish cook! X

Yeah ours is called Skinnimalinx. They do SW syns and WW points on everything, syn free and no points soups and warm meals every day, and low syn cakes and coffees. It's pretty good! They just started doing business lunch deliveries as they're in the business district of town and they're planning to open franchises.

Vixxster said:
Yeah ours is called Skinnimalinx. They do SW syns and WW points on everything, syn free and no points soups and warm meals every day, and low syn cakes and coffees. It's pretty good! They just started doing business lunch deliveries as they're in the business district of town and they're planning to open franchises.

Such a good idea. I thought about this in the past as it's so difficult to eat out sometimes.

My sis is a chef and i am a marketing exec - i keep trying to convince her that this would be an amazing idea. even if points are outlined on the menu, be so much easier!!! :)
There was a veggie resturant at uni and was always packed - becuase of its uniquness!!

xXx

slimmingworldchar said:
My sis is a chef and i am a marketing exec - i keep trying to convince her that this would be an amazing idea. even if points are outlined on the menu, be so much easier!!! :)
There was a veggie resturant at uni and was always packed - becuase of its uniquness!!

xXx

Yeah definatley!! It'd be lovely to be able to go out for a meal n not worry whats in the food!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

We have one :D

I live in a town called Loughborough in Leicestershire and we have a small cafe here called saints and sinners. They serve SW food and tell you the syns value as well as the sinners part being for people who aren't dieting. They are doing really well!

One of our local hotels -- the same place we hold our SW group each week -- has a SW menu. I keep meaning to go out for dinner, but can never find the spare cash! Drat! I've been so busy lately, first with Xmas and now with trying to get the house finally finished.
Maybe for our anniversary in Feb we'll make it for a meal.

A SW restaurant might not have a huge customer base, but a low fat, homecooked, wholesome place... now that would be a good thing. Today, with all the MacDonalds and KFCs and all the rest, where do you go if you're health conscious? Nowhere. Nobody does good homecooking much anymore, especially not the sort of places that are cheap and quick.

We had a new Indian restaraunt open up locally. I sent them a booklet of slimming world curries to them with the suggestion that they served them as there are tons of SW members in this area - quite a few groups going on.

Never heard back from them, even left my phone number if they wanted any information.

It would be a brilliant idea. People always like to go out and not feel bad about what they are eating so I think it would even appeal to people that aren't following a plan.

Ive got takeaways all around me but tend to go to the same 2 and they know me so know not to cook in oil. Hehe.
Chinese I have special chow mein and as long as there's no oil it's pretty low syn and Indian I have a 2 course meal which is 10.5 for the whole thing (or 15 if I have Poppodom and mango chutney. Lol)

But would love a place where I could see the genuine syns rather than my guestimation.

Yeh it would be amazing if there was a more diet friendly chain of stores. There are some great vegetarian/vegan restaraunts near me which you would assume would be healthy but everything has so much oil in it, wish it was easier to eat out without having to resort to salad as I can't stand them! Damn being a fussy vegetarian :(

X

The only times I'd want to eat in a SW-friendly restaurant is when I'm being forced to eat out and have no choice in the matter - and at those times, I wouldn't have a choice in which restaurant we went to either. I can't see my relatives, for example, choosing to go to a SW restaurant rather than TGI Fridays, lol.

If I'm choosing to go out, I want to have a treat and a meal I wouldn't cook at home! So I wouldn't choose a SW restaurant in those circumstances either :D

The only times I'd want to eat in a SW-friendly restaurant is when I'm being forced to eat out and have no choice in the matter - and at those times, I wouldn't have a choice in which restaurant we went to either. I can't see my relatives, for example, choosing to go to a SW restaurant rather than TGI Fridays, lol.

If I'm choosing to go out, I want to have a treat and a meal I wouldn't cook at home! So I wouldn't choose a SW restaurant in those circumstances either :D

Agree totally. who wants to go out and eat jacket potato (no butter) and baked beans!!

I would however find it interesting to see what a curry house could do to make a SW curry. They seem to have a way with spices and yogurt etc which is hard to replicate at home.

Mind you it's probably all the cream and ghee which makes them so lovely.

Back