slimming world starter!

Hi guys!

Just joined the site and slimming world last night. I'm at the Farnham, Surrey meetings on a Monday night! New it was time to do something about my weight but still got a shock when I found out how much I actually weighed. Didn't make me want to go have a chocolate bar tho spurred me on!:)

I stayed for the class and will do if I can every night. The consultant was very friendly and good fun. There seemed to be a really good atmosphere between her and the class, lots of banter! :)

Well if there is any advice that people can give me I'd be very gratefull! Also here if any one wants to chat! Still trying to get my head around extra easy too!

Natalie xx

Hi Natalie and welcome!!!
SW is a fantastic plan, yes its a lot to take in all at once, but once you get the hang of it, you'll be offering advice along with everyone on here.
Any questions ask away and we will only be too happy to help out!

Good luck with your journey!

Kerry-Ann
x

Hi Natalie and welcome to SW! It sounds like you've got a great attitude so I'm sure you'll do well on the plan.

As for some helpful hints, well here are the seven secrets of successful slimming from a recent poll of target members.

1. Eat a bigger variety of filling foods - don't get in a rut and eat the same foods day in day out, week in week out. Continually try new foods and recipes, and vary your healthy extra.
  2. Be flexible - be open to new ideas and willing to make permanent changes to your lifestyle.
  3. Get social support - in class and here too!
  4. Do it for you - after all, as they say on the telly, you're worth it!
  5. Plan and monitor regularly - plan you weekly menu and shop accordingly. Know what your danger points are and plan in advance for what you'll do when that time comes. Weigh yourself weekly at class and not in between on other scales. Take your measuresments as well because sometimes when the scales don't move, the tape measure does!
  6. Involve the whole family - SW is a healthy eating plan for the entire family. Cook the same meals for everyone - they'll never know the difference.
  7. Take up regular activity - exercise will raise your mood, make you more positive, and help sustain your weight loss over time. Anyway it's good for you!
Good luck.

Thanks for the advice Circes! I do think that I would need to plan my weekly shop out and not just go round picking up things that I don't need.I would need to look at some dinner ideas to know what I would need to buy. Also not go on an empty stomach which I always seem to do :s

See - you're heading in the right direction already! BY the way, have a read of the thread for newbies and the FAQs in the 'sticky' section as you'll get loads of good advice there too.

all i can say is im still new on here but you get lots of good advice and everyone is so warm and friendly,i would like to try extra easy as have been doing red and green for a while and am a bit stuck. good luck and enjoy.

Back