Slimming World Through Your Gp

Big an Bouncy

Hi girls,saw a bit about the northwest getting gps to refer patients with weight problems to sw,they can buy 12 weeks of sw sessions for 44 pound 1/3 of the price of reductil/zenical etc and a lot less than 7k for a gastric band!
So I phone my surgery(obligatory miserable receptionist) No says she,right off,not at this surgery!referal to SW are you kidding!could of dragged her lungs out down the phone!
She also proceeded to tell me she never used a slimming club,like I give a stuff,So I am going to ask the doc myself,she started me on the weightloss so I will badger her!Maz

don't ask or tell receptionists anything - it annoys them sooooo much! lol
the ones at my surgery ask for too much info - i have been known to ask them if they're qualified doctors. :D

some surgeries do SW vouchers, some don't. mine don't :(

If you google SW referral, there is a letter on that site for you to show your GP. I got the vouchers, but havent used them yet.

i asked my consultant about them, it's something the gp's and consultants talk through, but the gp's have to buy them in bulk, which is probably why some don't do it..also they get reports from consultants on how the pt is doing, and have the option to continue paying for pt until at target if they choose.

here's the website with more info, you could pass it on to your gp.....

The Slimming World approach to healthy weight management.

Back