Slimming World V Weight Watchers

Sounds like you have one of the consultants who can be a bit of a pain (like those that promote EE and not the other plans too). The key is to make sure you eat enough of the right stuff, and making sure you still have your syns (and don't cut them out, doesn't work), eat plenty, stick to it, the weight will come off. She might be right is saying it doesnt suit everyone, but you have to give it a few weeks before writing it off. Weight should drop off easy as long as you stick to the plan, try it again this week, make sure you stick to it, have everything you are suppose to have, and see how you go on :)

Hi Davey, have a look through the recipe threads and see if theres anything that takes your fancy! Try and get the eat less loose more mindset out of your head, you can eat as much free food as you like (until your full obviously) and you'll find the lbs come off quicker! My husband was eating the exact same foods as me only more of it and he lost weight better than I did in one week, I was ragin!! :rolleyes: jammy bugger!!

What plan were you following, red, Green, EE? :)

Hi Davey, have a look through the recipe threads and see if theres anything that takes your fancy! Try and get the eat less loose more mindset out of your head, you can eat as much free food as you like (until your full obviously) and you'll find the lbs come off quicker! My husband was eating the exact same foods as me only more of it and he lost weight better than I did in one week, I was ragin!! :rolleyes: jammy bugger!!

What plan were you following, red, Green, EE? :)

Hi sorry for the late reply, I am following EE plan and I have taken a look at the reciepe forums and they are amazing. Thank you so much for all your help and advice.

:D:D:D:D

I know little about WW but my Mum does it, and she is able to use up her pp's on gin rather than actual food and still loses weight, so maybe it would work for you? You could have some higher cal snacks isntead of just fruit and alpen. Out of interest, how many syns do you tend to have?

I agree that some C's can be a pain in the arse, I'd go to a different class if I were you. Just coz I'm stubborn and won't take anyone telling me I can't do something, haha.

Im sorry, but I am not sure why the consultant is in the wrong here. With that sort of food consumption, it wont work, she is right. The plan will not work unless it is properly followed. Too many syns - expect a gain. Too little food, expect very slow losses or even a gain as your body desperately tries to keep hold of what little you are giving it.

I dont think shes being a pain in the arse at all - if this is what you are eating on a daily basis, shes completely right, it wont work for you.

Hi

I would def increase intake. My dads doing sw and loosing quickly. He has three good sized meals a day ie 3 weetabix and banana for brekkie, big jacket with tuna and salad for lunch and big plate of home made spag bol for tea. He would snack on fruit/veg, the odd muller or alpen light.

I try to have protein and carbs with each meal so its balanced. There is nothing wrong with what you are eating but I would add in some cereal for brekkie and something more for lunch. Even if you were doing ww they would be telling you to eat more as that wouldn't use your points.

If your exercising you will need to eat more too.

MINX- I just like writing arse on the forum!

So glad I took all your advice and stuck with slimming world, I even managed to up my food intake, and things are really going well.

I think it's so hard to come from WW / Calorie Controlled diet because your so used to counting units for food and always try to eat minimal amounts so u don't exceed your allowance.

But I think it's so important to trust Slimming World, the plan, your consultant, your group and your fellow MiniMins and to forget everything you have been taught in the past! This is a new way of life.

Thank you all again xxx

So glad I took all your advice and stuck with slimming world, I even managed to up my food intake, and things are really going well.

I think it's so hard to come from WW / Calorie Controlled diet because your so used to counting units for food and always try to eat minimal amounts so u don't exceed your allowance.

But I think it's so important to trust Slimming World, the plan, your consultant, your group and your fellow MiniMins and to forget everything you have been taught in the past! This is a new way of life.

Thank you all again xxx

its definitely hard going from WW to SW because you are so conditioned to counting points, weighing everything then you feel you are in free fall going to SW. I do WW have done SW but I think if you have decided to stick with SW then you have to be committed to the plan, work it like its supposed to be worked and then you will definitely reap the benefits. Have to admit though I don't know how you survived on so little food, I would have fainted on a daily basis!! LOL :rolleyes: Good luck with your journey

Hi
I started with ww i lost just under 4 stone. For everystone i lost the points went down & in the end struggled to eat what i wanted with such little points. So i QUIT & put it all back on.

My friend told me about sw & thought that you could follow this plan correctly and manage to loose weight. It was my 1st weigh in wednesday just gone and i lost 7 1/2 lb. I also used around 10-12 syns a day because i am human & love my chocolate.

I totally get the transition from ww to sw is hard because your not weighing and measuring things like pasta & potato's but it does work.

So my point to this never ending ramble is that it is deffinately right that you need to eat more, just try it & i bet u will see cracking results.
Amy x

i think i would have had the shakes on what you were eating daily. i cant comment on how well the plan works as if you see from a post i have just put on, ive maintained in first 2 weeks but i lost 64.5lbs with ww then had my daughter and struggled to get back to my goal weight again but i found with ww i was hardly eating anything. i started calorie counting and i was on 1400 cals a day but i still felt i wasnt eating enough to keep me going. i started running again and i didnt have the energy to run as i wasnt eating enough carbs. i joined sw as i hoped it would help me, although ive maintained, ive eaten more in a day that i used to in 2 or 3 days and i feel great. your body goes into starvation/famine mode if you eat too little and then slows metabolism down to conserve energy (im a nurse so this makes sense) im still playing around with the plan so am hoping to see a loss next week
joanne

Well done for sticking with it! I've got a similar amount to lose (just hit the 25% off mark) and find this site invaluable for recipe ideas and general help.

I can imagine it's pretty hard going from counting everything to not doing that but honestly if you stick with it, it does work :)

Which is better slimming world or weight watchers

I've been doing slimming world for two years now and in total I've managed to lose 2 stones, that 1 stone a year!

Ive been told to try weight watchers by my GP, but before I do I need to know if anyone knows what kind of plan is it, do you really starve? I can't live without food lol

I don't quite understand why you've been told to try weight watchers, your loosing weight on a plan that allows you to have a great varied and healthy diet!

I have never tried weight watchers so I can't really compare the two fairly, but I don't think I could do it myself. I don't like the idea of weighing all my food. If I hadn't found slimming world I think I would have done weight watchers as I would have had to do something about my weight, however, although I may have got to my goal weight, I can't imagine I would be able to maintain it, I would be a def yoyo dieter

I personally have only done SW but i have to say if you really have only lost 2 st in 2 years and please dont be offended when i say this, but you must be either eating way too much or not sticking to the plan properly, the only exception to this might be some medical condition like uneractive thyroid or something similar which you havent mentioned.

Bare in mind portion size plays a part in this as although it says eat as much as you want of free and superfree foods it also says eat until satisfied and not beyond that point.

Have you kept (full and complete) food diaries and asked your consultant to review them for you? as there has to be something you are doing to cause such slow weight loss as based on your current weight i would expect you to be losing at the least 4-6lb per month if on plan.

Again i hope this doesnt come accross as offensive just trying to be realistic and objective.

Regards

Paul

1 stone a year isn't much I agree, sorry but I do. That doesn't even average at 1pound a week. I'd be disheartened too. Maybe it just doesn't work for you and sometimes we need to admit defeat in some things.

With weight watchers you get so many points a day depending on your weight (my aunty does it and is 12 and half stone and gets 26 points) so really its calorie controlled you have to weigh everything to point it. Or use their convenience foods I suppose. You also get 40 or something points to use as extra on a weekly basis, so for treats. So if you think you need a change then try it! Nothing to lose by having a go x

You're asking this on an SW forum??? I would say SW.

However, neither is better than the other. They both work. All diets work if you stick to them and follow them correctly.

There is no need to be hungry on WW, especially with all the point free foods and the Simply Filling (no pointing) plan.

Why not have a look around the WW forum (if you haven't already) and see the food diaries on there.

I had a brief fling with WW and I enjoyed it, eating different foods to SW (bagels, wraps etc) but I found I didn't have the time for weighing so came back to SW. I have no doubt at all that I would have continued to lose weight with WW though.

All good diets start with the head anyway.

You're asking this on an SW forum??? I would say SW.

However, neither is better than the other. They both work. All diets work if you stick to them and follow them correctly.

There is no need to be hungry on WW, especially with all the point free foods and the Simply Filling (no pointing) plan.

Why not have a look around the WW forum (if you haven't already) and see the food diaries on there.

I had a brief fling with WW and I enjoyed it, eating different foods to SW (bagels, wraps etc) but I found I didn't have the time for weighing so came back to SW. I have no doubt at all that I would have continued to lose weight with WW though.

All good diets start with the head anyway.

I agree with you ( as usual Jaylou lol) - I tried WW once and having got my head around the smaller portions etc I did like being abloe to eat different stuff for a while, but I am a SW gal at heart and always will be x

Thank you for your opinions, I'm just at a place where I dunno what to do anymore, I've been going to my GP and getting blood tests, scans and now being referred to therapist, cos the doc thinks it all in my mind!!! All I want to is to get rid of the 7.5 stones I'm carrying around and the doc thinks I'm going mad, lol

I heard about a slimming pill called Capisplex plus, I'm thinking about tying this. Personally I love being on SW, I feel happier and content, I recently found out I was making a mistake on my cheese intake 35g instead of 45g (lighter) I'm hoping that this may have been the reason for not losing weight. I wanna stay a SW gal, I'm just weighing up my choices.

10g of cheese really isn't going to stop you losing weight, honestly, it's nothing! The HE is 45g so if you've been having 35g then you should have lost more.

Jane - do you go to group? If so, what has your consultant said? You should be losing 4lb a month without even sticking 100% to plan so something somewhere is wrong.

I'm not a believer that SW doesn't work for everyone, I believe it does. Have you done a red week? A green week?

Do you weigh all your healthy extras? Do you check all syns before you eat them? Do you snack on superfree? Do you eat a third superfree with each meal?

These are all the common mistakes. If you don't go to group I would suggest joining one.

Good luck.

Back