Slimming World very slow weight loss

SarP22

Hey all! Just joined Minimins. So I'm on the Slimming World Plan since Jan 2019. I'm a vegetarian. And eat quorn and a lot of fruit (speed) and veg, potatoes etc. I try to minimise my intake of pasta and rice as I can over do it. Anyway Iv only lost 7 pounds whichever yes is good. But in almost 4months! I should of lost a lot more. And measurments have barely changed. I work out 4 times a week a lot of weights and resistance and cardio. I really don't know what I'm doing wrong. I rarely drink alcohol and when I do I drink G&T and that i always say is my cheat day (monthly maybe). I'd appreciate any help as I'm getting very annoyed. Thanks

Hi SarP22 and welcome to Minis. I know what you mean about being annoyed when weight loss is slow. I'm exactly the same. Grrr!!! The only thing I can say, and this is only something I've read, is that muscle gained through exercise, can weigh quite heavily, apparently. Sounds like you're doing quite a bit of exercise so … just a thought. I'm sure other Minis will give you lots of helpful advice, too. Good luck.

Thanks for your reply! Yea I know muscle can delay the scales from moving. But it's been months! It should be moving a bit more by now. It's very frustrating. I'm measuring too which I always have and it's either no change or VERY little. Like not even an inch. People say I look better. But I don't get why the scales and measurements are barely moving. Aw will just keep going and hopefully it'll move. I did low carb years ago and the weight fell off so this way is just frustrating. But I could never go back to low carb again!

I know what you mean. It's SO frustrating and demoralising. I must admit, it does seem really weird, when you're trying so hard. Fingers crossed for some improvement in the VERY near future.

Kathy

All I can say is I never lost weight very well when I did Slimming World-my friend lost loads. For me it's the carbs... I always lost weight well on vlcd/s but this time I am doing Step 3 with Cambridge and the weight loss in 2 weeks has been amazing. I do keep it low carb though and I know you don't want to do that.
One of the reasons you're not losing well could be the gym. Maybe you're not having enough so your body is trying to hold on to what it has?

Back