Slimming world week 1

Aggy73

Ok so I’ve weighed myself this morning , after 1 week on slimming world Go green only to be horrified that I’ve not lost but gained another 3 pounds 😱😯. I don’t understand it . The green plan has plenty of pasta and fruit and veg , the only thing I’ve changed is instead of pasta added chicken or tuna instead to my diet .
Boiled eggs or omelette with mushrooms beans tomatoes for breakfast . Lunch , salad with maybe baked potatoe and tuna . Dinner . Chicken with peppers salad and slimming World chips . Lots of fresh fruit and muller light youghurt during the day . I’m not good with plain water but try to drink a little diluting juice with it . This is the heaviest I’ve been in my life and it’s really getting me down ☹️.
What am I doing wrong ?

Morning Aggy73,
I have no suggestions for you unfortunately but I'm starting slimming world today, hope next week's weigh in is better for you xx

It’s so hard , good luck Tanya , I’m doing this myself from home as haven’t got time to go to classes but have all the books x

How many yogurts are you eating? Also how much fruit?

I know they say 'free' but are you eating until you feel satisfied or full. Or do you eat it just because you can.

Start a Food Diary so other members can see exactly what you eat every day and can help with any queries you may have.:)

It’s so hard , good luck Tanya , I’m doing this myself from home as haven’t got time to go to classes but have all the books x

Thanks, I'm doing this from home aswell. I've got books from awhile ago but a lady on another thread said there's a free token in tomorrow's women's own to join a class, so I think I'll go along for the up to date books x

So I’ve just bought
How many yogurts are you eating? Also how much fruit?

I know they say 'free' but are you eating until you feel satisfied or full. Or do you eat it just because you can.

Start a Food Diary so other members can see exactly what you eat every day and can help with any queries you may have.:)
im only having 1 youghurt a day . I normally make my own smoothie during the day with a banana , Apple and kiwi sometimes adding raspberries 😊

I agree with you starting a food diary so you can read back over and spot the cause. Muller light yoghurts now have a syn value and are no longer free.

The only suggestion I have is I wonder with your portions are you sticking to the 1/3 speed food 2/3 free food rule? Free foods are unlimited to eat on SW but the weight loss comes from those wonderful speed foods! Definitely I would try have 1/3 of your plate speed foods every meal and see if that makes a difference!

Hiya, are you weighing your carb/pasta portion? I know it's free, but I think there's a recommended weight per portion. You could be loading up on free food, which is usually only encouraged for target members who need to lower their speed food and increase their free food. Sometimes putting your carb portion on your plate last can help us not put too much on. It helps me, as I love my carbs. How much fruit are you having? Although much of it is speed food, we need to moderate everything, even the good stuff. Hope it all works out for you

Back