Slimming World with less than 2 stone to lose

nessylancs

Hi - it's my second day on SW and I read something on the bet last night and I just wanted to get everyone's thoughts.
Someone said that SW works well for people with a lot to loose but not as good if you don't have much.
What are everyones thought?
Hoping I've not just wasted £60 signing up for three months!!!:eek:

Hi.. I lost 1.5stone to get to target. I did do SW years ago and struggled with weight loss doing the red/green. But this time doing EE I found it a lot easier and have been at target for over a year. Hope this helps

i am doing ee also (3rd week) i had 2 stone in total to loose (1.5 left) - i hope what you heard was wrong lol.

Honestly dont worry at all! I only needed to lose 2 stone when I started I followed EE and the weight fell off!
It was only when I decided to lower my target that it got really hard n I had to switch to red!
So relax if u only have a bit to lose u, u will be fine, although my consultant advised me to stick to 10 syns rather than 15! Hope iv helped, good luck x

if it didnt work for people with less than 2 stone to lose then surely my weight loss would have stopped when i hit the 8 stone weight loss mark- leaving me with less than 2 stone to lose ;)

I know a few people who had a lot less to lose than myself- one of my friends started SW and lost a stone and got to target- i know of a girl who only wanted to lose 10lb- got to target and gave her so much confidence :)

It works if you work it :) it doesnt matter how much weight you have to lose :)

Course it works hun otherwise nobody would ever get to target ;)

I think slimming world helps you eat in a way which is manageable at target as well as on your journey! I think it works just fine!

Everyone no matter how much they weigh when they start will get to a point where they only have a small amount to lose. Like patchwork puss said if that were true noone would get to target!! I'm betting it was said by someone who tried SW in their own little way but didn't lose because they tweaked too much!

It works no matter how much someone has to lose.

What you will probably find is that those with 'less to lose' will have smaller losses each week than those with more to lose, although again this is the same with every diet really!

Back