Slimming World

I've only got 3 tips for you (and they don't depend on which days you are doing either) :)

1. Firstly, and most importantly - DON'T PANIC !!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: As far as I'm aware, nearly EVERYONE is 'sure' that they have gained before their first WI. (One girl at my group was so 'sure' that she had gained, that when I told her she had lost 7 lbs and got her first shiny sticker, she sat down and cried! :cry:)

2. Make sure that you DO get weighed (even if you are SURE you've gained). As my groups WI lady, there are so many people who are 'SURE' that they have gained, and end up with either a loss or a maintain. :)

3. Don't be discouraged :sigh: . Even IF you have a gain, give the 'diet' at least 4 weeks. (I gained 1 lb in my first week. :( I decided to give it another 3 weeks, and lost 5 lb in my second week, and 1 1/2 lb in each of the following two weeks!!) :D

I'm sorry that's all the tips I can give you. I hope that they will help. If you mean tips that are more 'EE' specific, you will have to wait for someone else to answer. If you want, you could put up a food diary (in the section at the top) if you want people to have a look.

More importantly (where are my manners?? :rolleyes: ) W E L C O M E !!! :D:D:D :welcome: Hope that you enjoy the rest of your journey with US !!! :grouphugg:

Well not much to add to Lonestitcher's fabulous post, really the only way you will have gained is if you haven't followed the plan, that is how it has been for me. So my big tip is to get organised. Stock up on free foods, make sure you know what meals you plan on cooking in the days ahead before you go shopping and stick to what is on your shopping list. That way you are less likely to get a "omg I gotta eat now and I gotta eat whatever is at hand!" moment.

Good luck and let us know how you got on.

Cobweb xx

Good luck for your WI.

Can't think of any advice to give cos i'm a newbie too but stick with it, i was disheartened at first but now it's working a few weeks in and i've got right into the whole thing now :)

Hiya thanks for trying to help me....was going to slimming world and walked halfway there and turned round ...hubby had to have chippy and indian takeaway last week he does the tea has i dont get in till 6.10pm i cant seem to be able to get tea so we can all eat together....thanks again i put half a pound on first week urr

Hiya thanks for trying to help me....was going to slimming world and walked halfway there and turned round ...hubby had to have chippy and indian takeaway last week he does the tea has i dont get in till 6.10pm i cant seem to be able to get tea so we can all eat together....thanks again i put half a pound on first week urr
So did you get to SW in the end then or weigh on your own scales? :confused:
Also if you are having takeaways with hubby then you can have less synful meals depending on which plan you are on but say chicken tikka if you are e/e or red or veg curries and boiled rice or biryani's on green......have alook in your book for syn values. I'm not so sure about chip shop but maybe the fish with no batter?
Hope you can turn this around and get into it x

My OH works shifts so he is always home before me & makes the tea. So I either tell him what to make or prepare something in the morning (I am a morning person so find this easy) or put something in the slow cooker.

I'd agree with Emsie a takeaway doesn't have to mean lots of syns. It will take a while but you'll soon get used to the low syn takeaways.

Remeber you've got syns so use them :D

Don't be disheartened about the gain. Look over your diary for the week & see if you could change your syns to incorporate takeaways & other 'treats'. And like Lonestitcher said let us have a look at your diary:)

I've had indian twice in my first 2 weeks of sw ee. Its about making smart choices. I have boiled rice with no poppadums or naan (its evil for syns :( ) and then I have my main dish which I ask them to make a healthy option so they use plain chicken instead of the chicken cooked in the oil and they use as little oil as possible. As for chippy dinner I just peel a few potatoes and slice them as thin as possible (make loads), throw in oven with fry light and then you can nibble on them all evening - gorgeous with a sprinkle of paprika on them :D :)

Its mainly about making smart choices for me xx

I'm thinking of having a chicken shish kebab tonight. Now I know that a standard pitta is 71/2 syns, but does anyone know how many syns to count for the garlic sauce that they pour over it? I know it will put me over my syns but I want to be honest on my tracker. Any idea's? should I count it as full fat mayo perhaps?

Back