Slimming World???

kraftykat

I everyone,

Can I just ask how you all do Slimming World?

Do you attend meetings, go online or go it alone?

I'm just curious as I'm not sure which option to go for. I planned to start last year, then I couldn't afford it so I bought a disc off Ebay with all the info on it.........and still never started!!!

I really need to do something now though.

Thanks in advance xxx

I go to class. I have to - it's the only thing that keeps me motivated enough to carry on with the plan.

I have tried to go it alone, and it just didn't work. I began cheating - little things at first, a crisp here, a biscuit there. And then it got out of hand and to the point where I wasn't sticking to the plan at all. I piled back on all of the weight I had lost, and more.

For me, going to class each week and having someone else weigh me really spurs me on. I'd be embarrassed going to class each week having gained - so it keeps me from slipping off plan. I also find that the fact I'm paying £5 a week motivates me to continue with the plan - otherwise I'd might aswell chuck a fiver straight down the drain.

Apart from that, Image Therapy is so imporant to me and I try to stay each week. It's invaluable - you can pick up so many hints, tips and recipes. It helps you to celebrate your losses, or move on from your gains/maintains and plan ahead for a great week on plan. It's also very sociable, and nice to be around people who are going through the same thing that you are. The support and encouragement is second to none - not only from my fantastic consultant, but also from fellow members.

For me, I just couldn't do this any other way.

i joined the class last week, been to two so far and am finding them great, the lady who runs it is lovely, and although it is a very big group the ladies who attend are all really supportive too.

i do it from home with a disc off ebay also since april last year i have lost 2.5 stone i know its not a massive lose but its slow and steady i get all the support i need of here there is a thread on here for people doing slimming world from home good luck you do whats best for you i hated attending meeting and i actually got nothing from it good luck in what ever you decide

the thread is DOING SW FROM HOME???

I do it from home, with the help of everyone on here. No Slimming World class on the Southern Costa Blanca (unfortunately), I have looked at the cost of online subscription, it seems a lot of money that I can put towards healthy food and new smaller clothes.

I'm doing it online. I would prefer to go to a weekly class but I'm only able to get to about 1 in every three so it would be a waste of time.

Only on day 1 but I'll let you know how I get on!

Thanks for all the replies, I'm going to have a look at the disc over the weekend. There's a class near me on tuesday morning, I'm wondering if I should give it a try as I have a voucher for free membership. I'd pay for the class that week and get all the new literature and decide after that. I'll keep you all posted xxx

I'm doing SW alone at home, however I do get weighed each week by my Personal Trainer, I think without this I wouldn't keep motivated enough on my own.

Good luck with it x

I started this time last year doing it at home - I had a book from a friend, and bought magazines for inspiration and recipes. I lost 5lb over the first 2 or 3 weeks but then stopped losing. I didn't regain the 5, bbut didin't lose any more either, and that's how I stayed til mid-August when I bit the bullet and joined a group.
Apart from 2 weeks when I was in hospital I haven't missed a meeting and I always stay to Image Therapy - I find it really helps keep me motivated and even if I've not had a brill week you're always encouraged to 'get back on it' and realise it's not the end of the world.
I have lost a further 1st 3lb and got my club10 just before Christmas :)
I did think about joining online but I didn't think it would be much better than buying the mags and going it alone - if I'm paying for it I felt that going to group was (and is) the best option for me.

I've been doing it from home since November and lost just over a stone. I don't go to group because as well as not really being able to afford them, I just don't really think that kind of thing is for me. I've tried "healthy eating" time and time again only to fail, but this time it's been nearly 3 months now and I'm still going strong losing steadily every week (only STS once and 1lb gain pver Xmas). I think you just have to be in the right mind set... if you really, really want to do it, you will be motivated enough to do it alone. That is definitely why it has worked for me this time - I just REALLY want to lose this weight. For ME!

You might find it better going along to class, even if it is only for the first week or two, to get the official pack (the info you have is most likely pirated and may not be up-to-date or complete), the consultant talk and access to the website resources. The boost you get from class if you have a good consultant really can't be underestimated, it sets you up for the week. Lots of people do it from home and some do it successfully but you really need to be motivated and to be honest it doesn't really sound as if you are in that place yet.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do!

I totally agree with Patchwork Puss (fab name by the way !) If you go to that first class you will be able to ask questions about anything you don't understand following an introductory talk from the leader. You will have a week to look up on line the syn values of all the foods you generally eat and make a note of them and you can buy in some hi fi bars for healthy extras and any recipe books you fancy. you can then decide where is best for you. Good luck and keep us posted x

Back