Slimsticks!!!!

Jinxter2007

I have just been reading about these apparently you can get them from LLoyds Pharmacy and they are proven to control the body appetitre for 8 hours has any one tried if so, any good?????:)

Last edited:
8 hours is a long time to go without food especially if your on a healthy eating plan. The general idea is that you have meals that fill you and healthy snacks inbetween.

Products like this work against the way that slimming world works. Whilst they may work in principle, they could prevent slimming world from doing what it does best.

We're all following slimming world because we know we can eat well and still lose weight, so it seems a bit unecessary to take that away of you don't have to!!

they don't prevent you from eating, they only make it so you're not hungry..
you can still eat and will probably have smaller portions because you're not hungry all the time..
I know that if I'm hungry while I'm preparing food then I'll put bigger portions and probably eat all of it because I've always been taught the "waste not, want not" and "think of all those starving kids in africa" type of mentality..
It wouldalso help with those late night hunger pangs where I usually fail and scoff something not good for me..

But given that they are are made from oat and palm oils there would be a syn value attached, so why not just enjoy your free foods? Not to mention you are supposed to take three a day and it costs £30 for a box of 30 sachets it could get a might expensive!

ColJack said:
they don't prevent you from eating, they only make it so you're not hungry..
you can still eat and will probably have smaller portions because you're not hungry all the time..
I know that if I'm hungry while I'm preparing food then I'll put bigger portions and probably eat all of it because I've always been taught the "waste not, want not" and "think of all those starving kids in africa" type of mentality..
It wouldalso help with those late night hunger pangs where I usually fail and scoff something not good for me..

I used to be like that about wasting food, then I read Paul Mckenna's book and he states rather simply 'how will you overeating help starving children?'

Now when I've had enough the rest goes in the bin!

Thanx everyone for your comments, as I said I had only read about them and was'nt sure what they were all about so thanx. x

I used to be like that about wasting food, then I read Paul Mckenna's book and he states rather simply 'how will you overeating help starving children?'

Now when I've had enough the rest goes in the bin!

One (of many) hilarious lines in the TV series "Outnumbered" was when the father was trying to persuade the little girl to eat her dinner with a bit of nonsense about starving children in Africa, and she just rolled her eyes and said "Well, send it to them then"!

But given that they are are made from oat and palm oils there would be a syn value attached, so why not just enjoy your free foods? Not to mention you are supposed to take three a day and it costs £30 for a box of 30 sachets it could get a might expensive!

Thought we were supposed to avoid palm oil because of its high saturated fat content and also because its increased cultivation is leading to more destruction of rain forests.

There's something of a sad irony that despite Bob Geldofs excellent work in highlighting awareness of the situation in Africa back in the eighties, he also handed the UK and American parents of the day the emotional stick to beat their kids into over-eating into obesity with...

Every coin has a flip-side...

It goes much further back than that, I remember my mother telling me to finish my plate because of starving babies in Africa and that was the 1950's!

we need to educate them in maths, not give them food..

you can grow enough food for you, your wife and 2 children so how many children should you have?

they think "6, because a couple of them will die from disease and hunger.."..
they don't realise that having only 2 means that they won't starve..

actually it's much more likely that there is insufficient birth control available. I don't think we should assume that just because someone lives in an environment where growing crops and maintaining livestock is extremely difficult, that they are stupid or selfish for having children - they don't really have any option if they find themselves pregnant. The issues with their crops aren't just that they can't grow enough for their 2 extra mouths to feed, it's because they just can't grow crops, or sustain livestock because there is insufficient water. Having 2 fewer children won't make water appear.

Personally, I feel priviledged to have been born into a country where basic needs like food, water, shelter and a national health system are taken for granted. It's certainly not for us to be telling them what they 'should' be doing when we've not had to deal with the same issues they have been faced with.

Jenny I agree with your point completely, as you say, if they get pregnant there are not the provision to have abortions etc so end up with more mouths to feed than they can.

I was told a while ago that there are people out there trying to educate people in africa on how to use certain methods of birth control but that they dont understand the basics, ie we know use a condom once and throw it away. they would wash it out and reuse it, or turn it inside out! It is possible that these things are not given as freely as they are over here and so they feel they have to act in these ways.

Back