Sloooow Dowwwwn

Small victories are great - 3lb is a very good loss. I'm at the stage where weight loss is only one or two pounds a week if I'm lucky ...painful.

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

I sympathise! How do you cope with the slow pace? I suppose it might help in a way- no point being impatient with it. I'm hoping that because my goal is just a BMI of 29, I won't slow down too much. At that point I'll see how much more I can lose with a little more time, a little more carb and a little less obsession! :D

Last edited:
Coping is not a word I'd use lol. I'm considering doing the vlcd shakes after Christmas to get my last few pounds off, I just want to get to goal NOW. Ive lost a lot so I'm thinking it's just my metabolism saying that's enough slow down. I'm in the overweight category, my BMI is 29 I think, it was over 40 when I started though.

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Well done boggins - good loss.

I agree that although it's nice to lose and lose fast, i have decided to be far more worried about putting weight back on afterwards - i dont think i can cope with that:eek:. Atkins says that pre maintenance is the most important part of the whole "nutritional approach" as this is where you learn to live. Should aim to move to pre- maint approx 10 pounds from goal and move very very slowly!

That's the plan, but I'm not ashamed to tell you I'm terrified! Not that I'll put weight back on (I can get that under control quickly), just that I've no clue what I'm doing! I understand the idea of OWL and pre-maintenance, it's just that I'm so focused on hitting 196lb that everything after that is fuzzy. In my mind I have visions of having a carrot with my dinner and feeling guilty! LOL.

Truth is I don't think I'll go back to bread, at least not as a daily thing, even if I could tolerate it, and I've come to the conclusion that sugar should be strictly rationed whether you're Atkins or not. So really it's just fruit, starchy veg and beans I have to worry about. That makes it less worrying actually. I can cope with beans. :)

boggins said:
W00t! Weigh in today and I lost 3lb this week. Annoyingly that makes me 16 stone 1lb. But I'll take it!

By the time I get towards the end of a stone bracket I start getting impatient to break it. When I was 17st something I desperately wanted to be 16st 13. Now I'm 16st 1 I won't be happy until I'm 15st 13! So stupid. Chill, chill. It'll happen when it happens. I went into Monsoon today to try dresses on, just because I can do that now. That is victory enough!
Sorry, this is turning into my personal diary.

Hi boggins... I completely relate to your post... I'm 10lbs behind you ! Lol :)

Back