Slow cooker and Maggi

Tinytootz

Mini crazy cat lady
Not sure if I am in the right place - its not really off topic, its not syn values, and I don't have a recipe to offer :eek:

Saturday evening I was going to do one of those Maggi sachets with some skinned chicken thighs. Now we are going to a bonfire, so I am cracking out the slow cooker. Now, if I whacked the thighs in there with onions, peppers and seasoning, dya think I should add some stock too, or will enough come out of the chicken to prevent burning/sticking? In the bag it takes an hour, and always ends up with lots of juice, but cooking from scratch when we got in wouldn't really be practical, I want something which is already done when we get in, then all I have to do is boil rice/pasta/potatoes to go with it. Last time I cooked a whole chicken in my slow cooker I did add stock, but far too much as it turned out.

Or dya think the diet coke chicken recipe which is doing the rounds would work in a slow cooker? Unsure if it would reduce enough to produce the sticky-ness the recipe seems to suggest.

I think it would be too dry with maggi (Have barred maggi in my house as its sooo salty!).
You could use your chicken to make a stew though. Just add veg, stock and herbs :)
I also dont think the diet coke chicken would reduce and go sticky. x

Back