Slow cooker and Maggi

Discussion in 'Slimming World Recipes' started by Tinytootz, 3 November 2011 Social URL.

1. Tinytootz

Tinytootz Mini crazy cat lady

Start Weight:
    12st5lb
    Current Weight:
    12st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Not sure if I am in the right place - its not really off topic, its not syn values, and I don't have a recipe to offer :eek:

Saturday evening I was going to do one of those Maggi sachets with some skinned chicken thighs. Now we are going to a bonfire, so I am cracking out the slow cooker. Now, if I whacked the thighs in there with onions, peppers and seasoning, dya think I should add some stock too, or will enough come out of the chicken to prevent burning/sticking? In the bag it takes an hour, and always ends up with lots of juice, but cooking from scratch when we got in wouldn't really be practical, I want something which is already done when we get in, then all I have to do is boil rice/pasta/potatoes to go with it. Last time I cooked a whole chicken in my slow cooker I did add stock, but far too much as it turned out.

Or dya think the diet coke chicken recipe which is doing the rounds would work in a slow cooker? Unsure if it would reduce enough to produce the sticky-ness the recipe seems to suggest.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. chun-ky

chun-ky Silver Member

Start Weight:
    15st10lb
    Current Weight:
    11st1.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st2lb
    Lost(%):
    4st8.5lb(29.32%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    I think it would be too dry with maggi (Have barred maggi in my house as its sooo salty!).
    You could use your chicken to make a stew though. Just add veg, stock and herbs :)
    I also dont think the diet coke chicken would reduce and go sticky. x

4. slim-my-hips

slim-my-hips Full Member

Start Weight:
    20st12lb
    Current Weight:
    20st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st5lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World

exactly the same here! I thought it was something I did wrong!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.