Slow Cooker - disaster!

andi

Bye bye bellies!!!
I have tried about 4 times to cook a meal in my slow cooker -

1. Pork casserole - tasted like dog food
2. Spag Bol - tasted and looked like dog food
3. Beef stew - yip you guessed it dog food

My dogs are overjoyed when they see me put the slow cooker on as they must think that im cooking it just for them as thats where it all ends up - in their bowls.

Any advice girls? What am I doing wrong? I brown the meat and chuck it in with the veg and a jar or a packet and leave it on ready for when I come home from work 8am to 5.30 pm - am I leaving it too long?

Thanks

Ax

I swear by my slo-cook pot. I don't even brown my meat unless it's a joint. Maybe you are overcooking before you put it in the pot??

A joint I quickly turn in a large frying pan. Add to pot, no liquid and leave overnight - falls to pieces.
Mince I put in raw ... plus a tin of tomatoes and or bolognese sauce of some kind. Leave all day, as you do. Or I put in water, stock cube and a can of veg soup to make a sheppherds pie type taste.

Maybe you should swap with dog and have his meaty chunks??!! Better luck - keep trying,

Sounds like its left at too high a heat and without enough moisture, I happened to me once making lentil soup, It turned out to be lentil Dahl lol
More liquid and at a lower temp :)

Back